(N) Frenkie de Jong

Christmas tree
noun
an evergreen or artificial tree decorated with lights, tinsel, and other ornaments at Christmas.

Y/N - your name

Requested by @sharkeijirou Thank you so much for requesting! Hope you enjoy❤️

A constant tap on my shoulder makes me wake up, my eyes fluttering open and adjusting to the bright light coming from the morning sun. "Good morning, beautiful." I hear in my right ear. I turn my head to be faced with my boyfriend of a year, Frenkie, who has a massive smile on his face. "Good morning, handsome." I say leaning over and pressing my lips to his for a quick kiss.

"Guess what?" He asks me with bright eyes. "What?" I question making him scoff. "I said guess." He says. This time it was my turn to scoff. "I must really guess?" I ask making him laugh. "Just one guess." He says as he runs his fingers through his blonde hair. "Um, you're horny?" I question making him burst into a fit of laughter. "No. Not even close." He says as I laugh. "Them what?" I ask as I sit up on my elbows.

"It's December the 1st. Do you know what that means?" He asks with a big smile. "Time to put up the Christmas tree." We say in unison as he claps his hands. "That's my girl. Ready to go tree shopping?" He asks making me frown. "You seriously get a real tree?" I question as he nods his head. "It's like a tradition in my family. You always put up a real Christmas tree. Not the one you buy at the super market." He says as I nod. "Sure if that's what you want." I say grabbing his hand making him smile. "Well, let's get going then!" He exclaims, pressing a kiss to my cheek and jumping out of bed.

-

We thank the guys for putting the tree in the car and pay them. "Do we have decorations at home?" I ask as he nods his head. "I always have." He says making me laugh. "Why did I think anything else?" I question making him chuckle softly. The ride back home was filled with shouting and laughter as we drive like old people so that the tree didn't fall or break, despite it being securely tied to our car and I'm sure not even god could break this tree as it was massive.

When we arrive home, we (and a few of our neighbors) carry the tree into our living room. We thank our neighbors once it is set up and smile at each other. "Ready to get decorating?" He asks as I nod and smile. "You bet I am." I say kissing his cheek. Frenkie grabs the box filled with decorations and a little step ladder so that we could reach the top of the tree. "What do you wanna start with?" He asks as he pulls out all different types of decorations. "I think maybe start with the lights and tinsel since if we do them last, we'll knock the ornaments off." I say as he nods.

He takes out different colors and different shapes of tinsel. "Wow, you really like Christmas, don't you?" I question as he nods his head. "It's my favorite holiday for the year next to Valentine's Day." He says as he sends me a wink. I roll my eyes and grab the tinsel from him. "You start at the top and I'll bring it down the tree. I'm a little too short, even for the ladder." I say making him laugh but nod his head.

We wrap the tree in tinsel and the Christmas lights until we were satisfied at the colour scheme and the way they were situated on the tree. "Alright! Now ornaments." He says as he shoves two different boxes towards me. I open them up and smile at the cute decorations. Some being your classic decorations like a candy cane or a ginger bread man but there were many personalized items.

"This one is cute." I say as I pick up an ornament with a picture of him and his brother as kids. "Yeah. My parent always make personalized Christmas ornaments. There's even one of us two." He says making my eyes go wide. "Really? That's so sweet of them. Where is it?" I question as I search the box for the ornament. "It should be there somewhere. I'm sure we will find it soon." He says chuckling at me as I search for it. I nod my head as I pull out a few ornament and make my way to the tree.

We start decorating the tree, Christmas music softly playing from the radio as Frenkie hated the silence as we were too busy concentrating to talk. "I found it." I hear Frenkie say as I put the last few ornaments on. I turn around and look at the picture as he stands next to me. I smile wide at the picture as it was a picture of us together at one his Barcelona games, with me in his shirt and him holding my waist tightly as we kiss in the picture. "I love it." I say as I trace the picture with my thumb.

"Me too." He says as I feel him kiss my temple. "Where should it go on the tree?" I ask as I walk towards the tree. "Near the top." He says as he points at an opening on the tree. I nod and hand him the ornament so that he could put it on the top. He steps on the ladder and places the ornament on, smiling wide. "And now for the finale!" He exclaims as he jumps off the ladder and runs to the box, pulling out the star.

"Wanna put the star on?" He asks me as he walks towards me. "I can't reach it unfortunately." I say as he smiles down at me. "Shorty." He says making me scoff and earning him a soft smack to his chest. "I thought you would say that tho. Hop on my shoulders." He says as he kneels down, patting his shoulders. I chuckle as I sit on his shoulders. I squeal when he stands up making him laugh loudly. Frenkie hands me the star as he walks to the edge of the tree.

I place the star on the top of the tree as Frenkie claps. "And now its officially December!" He exclaims as he bends down so I can get off his shoulders. As soon as I'm off, Frenkie runs to the socket where he turns on the lights to the tree. I step back and admire our tree as it shines bright in our dimly hit house due to the overcast weather. "It's beautiful." I say as I feel Frenkie besides me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my forehead. "Thank you for putting the tree up with me." He says. I look up into his eyes and smile, "Only a pleasure, love." I say.

He steps in front of me and caresses my cheek with his thumb. "I love you." He says making me smile wide. "I love you too." I say as I step on my tippy toes, pressing my lips on his for a sweet kiss to seal off the start to December.

*****

I hope y'all enjoyed! This is super cute honestly. I think imma start writing more Christmas themes imagines because it definitely suites the mood. Lots of love! Stay safe lovies xx