James Rodriguez

sacrifice
/ˈsakrɪfʌɪs/
noun
an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.

Y/N - your name

I walk into mine and James shared apartment in Spain, taking in a deep breath, smelling the husky scent of James that made me feel whole, knowing I was indeed at home. I make my way to the kitchen to see James swaying to some old music playing on the radio. He turns around with possibly the biggest smile I have ever seen.

"And what's got you in such a good mood?" I question him as I walk closer to him and wrap my arms around his neck, "Take a guess." He says making me roll my eyes, "Are you playing this weekend?" I ask as he chuckles and shakes his head, "Then what?" I ask, giving up on trying to guess because I genuinely had to idea.

"Everton contacted me. They want me to play for their team!" He exclaims as I cheer with him and wrap my arms around him tightly, "That's amazing hun!" I say as he kisses my lips, "This is perfect, me and you living in England, oh the-" "Babe, I cant move." I cut him off as he frowns down at me, "W-why?" He asks as my smile drops, "Work, hun. I cant just leave because I will probably struggle to get a job since I don't have much experience." I say as he sighs.

"But I am almost certain you will find a job, and even not, I will definitely have enough money for both of us and a little one some day." He says but I shake my head, "You know me, James, I don't wanna be a mooch." I say as he scoffs, "Babe, are you seriously gonna do this to me?" He asks as I sigh, "That's okay, I will just stay in Spain." He says but I shake my head, "James, you are not hindering your career for me. You are going to England whether you like it or not." I say as I squeeze his hand.

"But, you wont be there." He says as he caresses my cheek, "That's okay! I'm just only a call away." I say as I lean up and press a kiss to his lips, "We will get through this." I say as he smiles down wide at me. "I love you." He says as I smile up at him, "I love you too." I answer as I help him with the rest of dinner.

-

I look back on that day as I sit on a plane going to England and sigh. The long distance thing didn't work out. I mean, most never do, but it did hurt a lot knowing that James wasn't my boyfriend anymore. It just got so difficult having to call him only on certain days because of his training and my work stopping me. I still remember our breakup as if it was yesterday...

James answers his phone with a tired smile, "You tired hun?" I ask as he nods. He doesn't say anything but I know what he is thinking and the exact same thing on my mind, "Can you also not do this anymore?" I ask him as his eyes shoot towards the screen, "I cant." He says as we both sigh, "It's okay, we will get back together at some point because I know you are the one for me." James says as I smile at him, "I know, but before I do this, just know how much I love you." I say to him as he smiles at me, "I love you too, Y/N." He says before everything we ever had comes crushing to pieces in a split second.

-

The plane landing catches me of guard before I make my way to James house. I know where he lives as we still keep up with each other, but we just aren't dating as it held too much stress with it. I was gonna surprise him by telling him that I am moving to the U.K as the work is expanding to other European countries.

I take a short drive to James house and get out, knowing that he would be home. I knock on his door as I hear a faint, "I am coming!" On the other side. James opens the door in a few seconds as he stares wide eyed at me, "Y/N!" He exclaims before attacking me in a bone crushing hug. We hug for what feels like hours as I take in his familiar and very missed scent.

"What are you doing here?" He asks as he invites me into his house, "Well, I'm visiting but also I have some good news to tell you." I say as I take a seat on his plush couch, "Oooo, what is it?" He asks as I smile at him, "Guess." I say as he bursts out laughing, "God, I've missed you. Well, I'm guessing its something with work." he says as I nod, "But, I don't know what." He says as I smile at him.

"My work is expanding to the U.K so now I can live here." I say as his mouth falls open, "S-seriously?" He asks as his voice cracks, "S-so that me-means that I can get my g-girl back?" he questions as tears start to all from his eyes. Mine soon follow as I nod my head. He wraps me in a tight hug as we cry into each others shoulder, "I have missed you so god damn much. This is the best news of my life." He says as he rubs my back.

"I love you." I say as I pull away and stare into his mesmerizing eyes, "I love you too, my queen." He says before placing his lips on mine for a passionate kiss that I missed so dearly.

*****

I love this so much but at the same time, it's so cringe! Hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe lovies xx