Todd Cantwell

comfort
/ˈkʌmfət/
noun
a state of physical ease and freedom from pain or constraint.

Y/N - your name

This was another request so thank you! I know Todd is out of the Prem but he is forever in our hearts.

"I'm disappointed, Y/N." my boss shakes his head as I stand before him, listening to him and how he belittles me along with the work I did for him. "I expected so much more from you. What is this?!" He shouts as he throws my paper work on the desk with a massive thud. I look down, refusing to let the tears stream down my face, not wanting to show how fragile I was at this current moment.

"Get out of my office." He says with a huff as I look up to be met with his crystal blue eyes that pierced through mine. "Sir, I'm so sorry." I say as I shake my head. "Y/N, if you were sorry, you wouldn't have fucked up this badly in the first place." He says and crosses his large arms over his broad chest. "Sir, please tell me where I went wrong?" I basically beg as I never wanted to be in this situation ever again.

He lets out a loud and throaty laugh, "You're cute, Y/N but that's not my problem. Figure it out yourself. I've got other shit to do." He says as he grabs his news paper and continues to read it. I sigh and turn on my heel and walk out of his office. I slump on my chair as my colleague and friend, James, sat on my desk and gave me a sad smile.

"Did he shout?" He questioned as I chuckled, "You didn't hear it?" I ask as he shrugs, "We were all hiding away to be fair." He says causing a soft chuckle to leave my dry lips. "I don't know what I did wrong. I did exactly what he wanted but he ends up telling me the polar opposite the next day." I rant as I lean into my office chair, causing it to lean back. "That's George for you, Y/N. It will be fine. You're still new so he's finding any way to make your life a misery. After a few months, he'll be fine." He says as he pats my shoulder softly.

"I just can't wait to go home." I say, more to myself as I remember that Todd was home today after an away match at Liverpool. I hated how he was never home but I couldn't help but support him as he made a massive name for himself playing football. "Ooo, Todd is finally home. Are you two gonna be making a baby this weekend?" James questions with a playful smirk on his lips.

I scoff and smack his chest, "Shut up! But who knows." I say cheekily causing him to chuckle. "I must say, he really treats you well. I see the flowers he sends you and how he sometimes stops off and drops off your lunch for you. I wish I could have a relationship like that." He says as he looks dreamily at me. I chuckle as I nod, "I got real lucky." I say as he nods.

"Shit. Best get back to work. Satan has exited his office." He whispers the last part as he stands up and walks back to his desk quickly sitting down and pretending to do work. I chuckle at my friend as I look at my laptop, knowing very well that I had to redo the paperwork so that it could be in by the end of the day.

-

I let out a heavy sigh as I stand by the printing machine, waiting for the last paper to print. I look down at my watch to see 8pm. I shake my head, unhappy that I couldn't spend more time with Todd tonight all because of my boss. Once the paper is done, I grab the pile and walk into George's office and put the paper work down. He looks up at me with a smug smirk on his thin lips.

"Goodnight sir." I say as I turn around to leave but I'm stopped by him clearing his throat. "Y/N, I'm sorry to tell you this but I misread the paperwork you gave me earlier. It actually was right. So this right here..." he motions towards the paperwork, "Is actually pretty useless." He says as he takes the pile and rips the paper one by one until the whole pack is done.

I watch, trying my absolute best to not burst into tears. I look at him, disappointment evident on my face. "Oh, okay sir. Thank you." I say as I turn around and walk out of his office. I storm off to my laptop and grab my things. "Y/N, I'm sorry." James says but I shake my head. "It's fine, James. I signed up for this anyway. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you." I say as I kiss his cheek and walk out of the office building, not wanting to be called back by George.

I sit in my car and finally let the tears flow down my cheeks, ruining my mascara and foundation. I sigh and start the car, driving like a zombie back home, even forgetting that Todd was home. I park my car and get out the car, carrying my jacket with me. I open the front door to be met with my blonde haired boyfriend with a massive smile on his face.

His smile, however, disappears as he sees my tear stained cheeks and black mascara running down my cheeks. "Oh baby." He says softly as he opens his arms and wraps me in a tight hug. I cry softly into his chest and grab onto his shirt as he soothingly rubs my back. After awhile, I stop crying but Todd doesn't stop holding me until he pulls away from me and stares into my eyes.

"Wanna order some food and then cuddle?" He questions as I nod with a small smile on my lips. He grabs my hand and walks with me to our bedroom, "Have a nice shower and get dressed and get comfy in bed. I'll go order." He says as he kisses my lips and walks out of the room and back downstairs. I follow his instructions as I have a needed shower and wash my hair.

I place one of his giant hoodies on my body and get into bed, switching the TV on and finding our favorite show on Netflix to watch. In a few minutes, Todd returns with a takeout bag in hand. "You shouldn't cheat." I say but he waves his hands, "No one will know." He says as he gets in the bed and takes out his cheese burger. He hands me mine and we start eating in a comfortable silence.

"What did George do today?" Todd questions, already knowing my tears were caused by George as always. "He was just a dick like always." I say not really wanting to talk about it, which Todd understood. He wraps his arms around me as his long blonde hair tickles my forehead. "Well, I'm just happy that my girlfriend is finally in my arms after a bad loss." He says as I feel his soft plump lips kiss my forehead. I look up at him and smile, "I love you." I say as I stare into his eyes, "I love you too, beautiful." He says and places his lips on mine.

*****

This was so cute. I really hope you guys enjoyed because I really enjoyed writing this one. Another fluff for y'all. Stay safe beauties! xx