Marcus Rashford

first
/fəːst/
coming before all others in time or order; earliest; 1st.

Y/N - your name

I pull on a rain jacket and some high heel boots and head off to the shops. I take a short walk to the shops just around the corner from my apartment to pick up some snacks and necessary groceries. I walk in and smile at the people around me, knowing a lot of them since they always shop this late at night. "Hey Y/N! How's varsity going?" An elderly lady, Beth, asks as she waves at me as she stands by the bakery department.

"Hey Beth. It's going well thanks. How's Roy?" I ask as he blushes lightly, "Oh he's okay. Still in the hospital but looking much better." She says making me smile. "You buying him some dinner? I know just how much he hates hospital food." I say making her chuckle, "Yeah, as always. He begged me since the dinner tonight was chicken soup. Apparently, it can't be chicken." She says, repeating what her husband has said probably many times before.

"He definitely got the best wife ever." I say making her scoff, "Oh darling, you're too sweet." She says making me chuckle. "Have a lovely evening Beth." I say as I wave her goodbye, heading off to the snacks aisle. "Bye love! See you soon." She says back to me and heading off to pay for her groceries. I walk along the aisle, grabbing a few snacks, carrying them with my hands since it was just a few crisps.

I walk halfway through the aisle, knowing exactly what I wanted, Twinkies. I loved them so god damn much. They are fluffy and sweet and creamy. Everything I need in life. As I reach to get the last packet of chocolate Twinkies, a hand swipes them away before I can take them. "Hey! I wanted them." I exclaim as I stare up the dark figure.

He was handsome, tall, dark and lean. He smiles down at me, sending shivers down my spine, "Sorry love. You snooze, you lose." He says, sending me a wink. "Please? I love Twinkies." I say, hoping my begging could do something about it. "Ugh shame, sounds like a you problem, doesn't it?" He questions making me scoff, "No need to be a dick." I say making him laugh, "No need to get all sobby." He says making my eyes roll. "Well, enjoy your Twinkies." I say and walk away, holding my crisps close to me with a frown on my face.

I turn into the fridge aisle, where the milk is since I needed it for my daily coffee in the morning. I open the fridge, grabbing a bottle of milk and walk off to the gill to pay for all my items. I place all my items on the tab,e and smile at the tiller. As I pull out my purse to pay, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see the same guy who took my Twinkies with a small smile on his lips.

"I got this." He says as he pushes me away and gives his card to the lady at the till. "You don't have too." I say but he puts his hand up, telling me not to argue with him. He pays for my groceries and picks them up in their packets, with his on his arm as well.

He starts walking with me following on his tail. "Why did you pay for my groceries?" I question making him chuckle. "I feel bad for taking your Twinkies." He says making me laugh. "Twinkies cost like £2, my groceries were £12." I say but he shrugs in response. "You're really pretty and I was a really dick. You didn't deserve that." He says making my cheeks turn red.

"Well, thank you." I say, smiling up at him. It's silent for awhile as we walk to, I'm guessing, his car. "Wanna share the Twinkies?" He asks out of the blue making me chuckle. "You just paid for my groceries. Thought that was paying for the Twinkies." I say but he scoffs, "Take it or leave it beautiful." He says making my eyes roll. "I'll have one please." I say making him smile wide.

He places all of his bags on the backseat of his car and grabs the packet of Twinkies before he closes the door. He opens the packet and hands me one. I thank him and munch away on my favorite Twinkies. "Enjoying your Twinkie?" He asks making me laugh. "You bet I am. I live for these things." I say making him chuckle as he takes a bite from his. "Why are you shopping this late?" He asks me as I shrug.

"I hate shopping in the afternoon. It's so busy and crowded so I just rather do it now." I say. "Midnight?" He questions me, raising his eyebrows. "I also wanted snacks." I say making him laugh. "And you? Why do you shop so late?" I question as I finish the last of my Twinkie. "I'm a famous footballer so I try and dodge all the fans." He says as I nod. "I don't watch football so sorry, don't know you mate." I say making him chuckle. "That's alright. It's actually nice to be treated like normal for once." He says.

"I called you a dick for taking my Twinkies. You call that being treated normally?" I question, making both of us laugh. "Well, as normal a its gonna get for me." He says. I shake my head and stare up at the stars and the bright moon that was lighting up the dark night. "So what is your name? It's not right to call you 'dick'." I say making him laugh loudly. "I'm Marcus and yourself? The only the I can give you right now is beautiful so." He says making me chuckle, "Smooth, Marcus. Very smooth." I say as we both laugh.

"I'm Y/N." "Well, Y/N, I'm quite glad you called me a dick over some Twinkies." He says making me chuckle. "And why is that?" "Because now I get to ask such a beautiful girl out." He says making my cheeks heat up. "I'd love too." I say making him smile wide with a toothy grin. "Great. See you tomorrow night?"

*****

This was random but cute idk. I didn't proof read this (I'm multitasking and it's not going well I'm so sorry) so if there are any mistakes, we shall look past them☺️. Sorry for not posting so much. Been relaxing and getting ready for next year. Btw, this bitch passed! I got a young 88% for history so I can't be mad and man I was so stressed for that test. Hope y'all are doing well. Lots of love lovies xx