Mason Mount

number
/ˈnʌmbə/
noun
an arithmetical value, expressed by a word, symbol, or figure, representing a particular quantity and used in counting and making calculations.

Y/N - your name

I walk into the warm bakery with a smile on my face. "Y/N! I'm surprised you're on time. Wait, actually earlier. I'm proud of you." My boss, Leigh-Ann says making me roll my eyes. "Yeah yeah. Don't get used to it." I say, sending her a wink. "Oh! We got new aprons. Here you go." She says, handing me a black apron with our bakery logo on it. "They cute." I say as she nods.

"Alright! I'm off. I have to take Peter to school. I'll see you in about an hour." She says as she walks to the backroom. "Peter come love!" I here her shout as I walk towards the kitchen. As I get there, Peter passes me with a smile. "Y/N!" He shouts, giving me a quick hug. "Hey Peter. Don't tell mommy, but this is for you." I say as I sneak him a bagel that I grabbed. "I'm not blind Y/N." Leigh-Ann says making myself and Peter giggle. "I'll pay you back." I say as I walk to the kitchen, ready to grab the muffins that Leigh-Ann started baking as she arrived.

"Bye Y/N!" Peter and Leigh-Ann shout as I shout a goodbye back to them. I sigh and place my bag in the corner of the room where we always leave it and get to work. I start by getting all the pastries and muffins out of the oven and place them on display. I set up the cafe and eventually open the doors so that the whole of London could smell our bakery.

Once a few customers come in, I close the doors as it is beyond freezing in the U.K.  Since it is Wednesday, the bakery is pretty quiet so after the morning rush, it's quite quiet until lunch time. I clean the cafe for awhile as I'm waiting for more customers until I her a big thud. I look up and notice a young man laying on the floor outside. I run outside and look at the young man, "Are you alright?" I question him as he sits up.

He stifles a laugh, "You didn't see that?" He questions, his nose burning a bright red. "No I was cleaning. Did- did you walk into the door?" I question him. His silence answers my question making me burst into a fit of giggles. "I'm sorry. That's just priceless. How didn't you see the door?" I ask him, still laughing as he stands up and dusts off his pants. "I'm really tired from training." He says with a smile.

I notice his Chelsea jersey but shrug it off as I'm not a massive football fan. "Chelsea wannabe?" I question him as I open the door wide for him to enter. "Already a Chelsea wannabe love." He says with a smirk. "Really? That's really nice." I say as I close the door. He takes in a long sniff, "This place smells amazing." He says as he smiles down at me. "Thank you. You shouldn't be in here then. Aren't you on a diet?" I question. He chuckles, "I am but a small cheat wouldn't hurt." He says making me laugh.

"So what would you recommend? Remember, it has to be amazing otherwise it's not a great cheat." He says with a smirk on his face as he leans over the counter. "Hmm, I think the muffin is worth a shot and I can't forget about the brownies." I say as I point towards the kitchen. "Freshly baked?" He questions. I nod my head as he smiles "One brownie then please and a coffee to go." He says with a smile. I nod and ring up his total. He pays the amount and watches me as I walk off and start making his coffee.

"So is it just you in this cafe?" He asks, starting a small conversation between us. "No. I work with another lady but she's just taking her kid to school." I say as I pop the lid on his coffee. I take it to him as he smiles and thanks me. I walk to the kitchen and grab the freshly baked brownies and place it in a packet. I walk towards him and hand it to him with a smile, "I hope this is worth the cheat." I say making him laugh. "I'm almost certain it will be." He says giving me a charming smile.

"Could I please have your number?" He asks with a nervous smile. I raise my eyebrow, "Obviously to tell you if the brownie was good." He says making me chuckle. "You didn't need to substantiate your answer, love." I say handing him my phone. "Just in case." He says as he hands me his phone. We exchange numbers and phones and he finally leaves the cafe, waving me goodbye. "Wait! What even is your name?" I question making him chuckle, "Mason. And you?" "I'm Y/N." "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He says and sends me a wink, walking out of the cafe leaving me a blushing mess.

The day continues as normal until I hear my phone ping as Leigh-Ann walks in with a few groceries and ingredients. "Have you been texting the whole day?" She asks with a teasing smile. "Yeah. Sure cause I have so many people to talk too." I say making her chuckle. I look at my phone to see Mason has messaged me, "Why are you smiling at your phone like an idiot?" Leigh-Ann asks making me blush.

"It's just this guy that I met earlier." I say making her sing "Ooo" in my ear. I slap her away as I read his message.

Mason: That brownie really was worth the cheat meal

I chuckle at his messsge. I see Leigh-Ann in the corner of my eye roll her eyes, "Young love. Got me nowhere in life except with a kid." She says making me laugh. "Is he cute?" She asks as she walks towards me and looks over my shoulder. I finish my message saying: I'm so glad. Was telling me about the brownie the only reason for asking for my number?

"Cheeky message. Love it. So is he cute?" Leigh-Ann asks making me laugh. "He really is. He's also a Chelsea player." I say making her eyes budge out of her head. "What? What is his name?" She asks pulling out her phone. "Mason." I say casually making her almost faint. "He is so hot! Get in there Y/N!" She shouts as she shows me his Instagram. "How did I not recognize him? I know I'm not a fan but like damn." I ask making Leigh-Ann shrug.

My phone pings making me smile. "This is the only time I'm allowing you too text." She says as she sends me a wink and walks to the backroom. I chuckle softly to myself as I read Mason's message,

Mason: I won't lie, that's not the only reason. You're really beautiful.

Y/N: Aren't you a charmer. You're pretty good looking yourself Mr Mount

Mason: Took you long enough to notice ;) What are you doing Friday night?

Y/N: Probably watch some Netflix.

Mason: Wanna come to the Chelsea vs City game?

Y/N: Sounds like a plan xx

Mason: A date it is :)

*****

This is so cute actually. Sorry y'all that I've been MIA. 4 exams in 2 days just ain't it sis. Maths was a killer. They asked me how high a skiing slope was by giving me a formula ??? I hate maths bruh but I'm back bitches! I will still kinda be MIA as exams aren't over but after tomorrow (which is just a biology practical) I'm off for the rest of the week so you might get a few imagines. Hope you have a lovely week!