Dele Alli

done
/dʌn/
past participle of do
no longer happening or existing

Y/N - your name

WARNING! Touches on serious nature (suicide). If you're not capable of reading, please don't read further!

The cool air of the summer night tickled my skin as I walked towards the train track. I looked down the whole way to the bridge above the train track as I followed my right foot step in front of my left and visa versa. As I reached just above the train tracks, I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 02:00, the train should leave any minute now.

I look at the train that was stationary, waiting for passengers to get on it. I let out a shaky breath as I pulled myself up so that I was sitting on the edge of the bridge. I sat down, not wanting to stand just yet, as I watched some happy faces of the people by the train as they greeted family members. I saw sad faces as they waved their family goodbye with tears streaming down their faces.

I huff as I look at the night sky and look at the bring stars as they lit up the sky. "I miss you mom and dad." I said softly as my bottom lip quivered. "Miss, are you alright?" I heard a voice behind me ask as I looked at a young man staring at me, worry spread across his face. His skin was dark in the night sky and his tall build looked threatening at this time of night. I gave him a small smile as I nodded, "Yeah I am."

"Are you sure? Do you need me to call the police or anything?" "No thanks. I appreciate it tho." I said as I gave him another small smile and look back at the train track. I look down at my phone again as I see 02:04. Just 6 more minutes, 6 more minutes until I'm finally free of this life, this pain.

"Why are you sitting here?" He asked as he stood closer to me. I looked behind and studied his features in more dearth as I admired his sharp jawline and tattoos that covered his arms. "I'm just watching the train." I lie as he nods but looks at me with unconvincing eyes. "What are you really here for? What's really wrong?" He asked as he leaned across the bridge. "To be fair, I don't know what's really wrong. I'm just... so tired." I whisper the last part as I look back up at the sky.

"Are you waiting for the train?" He asks as I look at him and nod. "Do you want to end your life?" He questioned as I nodded, not even trying to hide the fact that this random man was speaking to someone who was attempting to end their life. "Why?" He asked as I let out a frustrated sigh, hating why he had to question me. "I lost my mom and dad to a fire 2 weeks ago. I then lost my job which was my only source of income 3 days later. I can't find another job because I have no qualifications and I'm currently living in a shelter."

Then silence. The stranger doesn't say anything as I look down at my phone again. 02:08, not much longer. "You know, you shouldn't end your life." He said as I scoffed. "Is your life this difficult?" I question as he shakes his head no. "Then don't tell me what I can and can't do if you don't actually know what I'm going through." I say without looking at him as I continue to stare at the stars.

"I understand that you're going through a tough time but I'm almost certain that you can get through this." He said as I shook my head, "I really can't. I'm left alone in a world that doesn't like me very much." I says as I hear the train start. "Please ma'am. Don't do this." The young stranger begged as I ignored his plea and stood up. I balance on the edge as the train starts moving forward. "Please! Remember, the darkest nights produce the brightest stars." He says as I stop in my tracks.

I let what he said soak in until I sigh and look at him, "What if it's not a star filled night?" I question as I turn my attention back to the train and take a step forward. I close my eyes, ridding my mind of all thoughts as I think about where I'm gonna end up, with my parents. I expect a big impact on my body, but instead, I feel nails digging into the sensitive skin of my wrist.

My eyes shoot open as I look at the granger as he has grabbed my arm and the train disappears underneath me. He pulls me up with a struggle as I feel my blood boil. He pulls me over as I stand on the bridge, legs shaking as I stare in disbelief at the man in front of me, "How could you?! I can't be here anymore! You fucking just ruined my only chance of freedom!" I shout as I let the tears stream down my face that I have been holding in the whole night.

As much of a stranger he was, he pulled me in an embrace and held me close to his body. He shushed me softly as I cried into his broad chest. After awhile, the tears stopped flowing as I stared up at him. "I'm sorry I lashed out at you it's just... I can't do this anymore." I say honestly as he nods his head. "I know love. But I refuse to let someone as pretty as you die such a horrible death. Let me help you." He said softly as I shook my head.

"I'm not trying to be a burden." I say but he just shakes his head. "You never could be a burden." He said as I looked down. I then nodded as I smiled up at him as his tall stature towered over me. "Yes." I say as he gives me a small smile. "What's your name?" He asked as I pulled away from his embrace. "Y/N and yours?" "I'm Dele."

*****

Hi guys! This came randomly but I think this is a good time to speak about this touchy matter. If you ever feel lonely or that you have no one, don't ever feel afraid to ask for help or talk to someone. I don't know your story. I don't know what you're going through but what I do know is that you're not going through it alone. You will get through whatever you are experiencing and just know you have my support through this tough journey. You can do it and don't ever be afraid to reach out to me if need be. Stay safe. Love you all!