RLC

accident
/ˈaksɪd(ə)nt/
noun
an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

Y/N - your name

I scream as England score a goal against Montenegro. I was ecstatic as my best mate Ox scored his first goal since being injured. I jump up and down with the rest of the wags as we all knew this game was gonna be a good game. Soon enough it went from 1-0 to 3-0 to eventually 7-0 as the boys absolutely thrashed Montenegro.

I walk downstairs with the rest of the wags into the extra room where the boys meet their wives, girlfriends or mates after a game once they've showered and had a pep talk from Gareth. I start talking to Henderson's wife about how Liverpool are doing in the league and other girlie things. "How the kids?" I asked as she smiled. "They god but they betting to that hyper age and I'm losing so much sleep." She said as I laughed. I soon saw Ox enter the room a I excused myself to go and give him a hug.

Myself and Ox have been friends ever since we were in diapers. His mom and my mom were besties from school so it was inevitable that we would be best friends ourselves. We did date once but it didn't go to plan so we decided to stay as mates and that turned out to be for the best as now I'm besties with his girlfriend Perrie as well.

I give him a huge hug and start jumping with him. "Yay you scored!" I said as he laughed. "Fantastic goal I have to say." I said as he posed for me. I laughed as we did our handshake. "So how was your first England match you've ever watched?" He asked. "Amazing. It's always nice to see my best friend score a goal and watch England win 7-0." I said as he smiled at me.

Yes, even tho we have been mates for years, this was my first ever England match I'm watching live. I was always busy when he offered me and then he got injured which didn't help. I did however always watch the Liverpool games as I was a huge Liverpool fan.

As more people arrived, the more crowded the room got. Soon Gareth game in as waved his hands to get everyone's attention. "Since we had such an amazing game, let's go out and celebrate. Drinks on me!" He screamed as everyone cheered. We all filtered out and went to the local bar that we all knew wouldn't be too busy since it was a week night.

As we all arrived, we all ordered our drinks and danced the night away. I was enjoying my time with Dele's girlfriend until I turned around and bumped into someone making my drink spill all over their white shirt. "Oh no." Was all I aid as I looked up and was faced with Ruben. "I'm so so so sorry." I said as he smiled at me. "No don't stress. This always happens when I wear a white shirt." He said making me laugh.

"Let me at least help clean it off." I said as he nodded. We decided to sit by the outside area as it was quieter and we were able to talk. On our way out, I grabbed some napkins on the way out to try and dry up the strawberry daiquiri that was spilled on his chest and was slowly dripping down to his pants. We sat down on the table as I started wiping his chest.

"I'm Ruben by the way." He said as he stuck out his hand. "Y/N." I said as I shakes his hand. "Are you here with anyone tonight?" He asked as I nodded. "I'm here with Ox." I said as he looked at me weirdly. "I'm his best mate." I said as he shook his head. "No it's not that. I'm just wondering how I've never seen you before. You're gorgeous." He said as I couldn't help the blush that appeared in my cheeks.

"Thank you. You're not bad yourself." I said as he gave me a million dollar smile. "I'm so sorry about your shirt." I said as I grabbed another napkin to soak up the alcohol. "Please, you were having fun. Nothing wrong with that." He said as I smiled. I've spilled my drink on many guys before, don't judge I'm very clumsy, but none of them are ever this understanding.

"How can I make it up to you though? It's a Louis V shirt." I said as I couldn't only imagine how expensive this shirt was. Probably costs as much as my phone. "How about this, go on a date with me. That's all I need for an apology." He said as I looked down, knowing very well my cheeks were turning a bright red colour once again.

"Sure. Sounds like a good way to apologize." I said as he smiled. "Love the confident love." He said as we laughed. "How do I know that you didn't do this on purpose to get a date with me?" He questioned as I rolled my eyes. "How do I know you didn't purposely walk into me to bribe me into going on a date with you?" I questioned as he put out his hand for me to shake.

"Touché." He said which made us laugh. Once his shirt was drier than before, we walked back inside to be bombarded with a confused Ox as he asked us many questions. "Oh Ox keep quiet." I said as he did which made all of us laugh. Hope by the Chainsmokers started playing on the speakers as I grabbed Rubens hand to dance. "Can't believe Ox didn't introduce me sooner." He said as I smiled at him knowing fully well that I'm glad this little accident happened.

*****

This imagine isn't my favorite but I hope y'all like it still! Ruben is such a fine man and he isn't super old like I was shook when I saw how old he really is. Anyway, remember to leave a comment with any requests or ideas. Be wise and sanitize!