Dominic Solanke

help
/hɛlp/
verb
make it easier or possible for (someone) to do something by offering them one's services or resources.

Y/N - your name

I sat at the front of Bournemouth's traveling bus as we took a long ride from our hotel all the way to Liverpool's playing grounds to play an important game for us as well as Liverpool. It was so important since Liverpool could be one step closer to the title or we finally get out of relegation. Tension was high as every single player and coaching staff was nervous as Liverpool have been playing so well.

I could see that Dominic was possibly the most nervous of all the players. Obviously have being a Liverpool player in the past, it's always difficult to face your old club again especially a club like Liverpool. I looked behind me, around about 5 seats, to see Dominic shaking his left leg uncontrollably whilst listening to music. I couldn't help looking at all of his features.

He was a very handsome man. We've always had this connecting but with us both having busy schedules, even though working or playing for the same club, it was still difficult to find time to talk to each other properly. The only time we ever spoke was when I was working on his muscles since I'm a physiotherapist.

Ever since I was young, I wanted to help people but I couldn't help seeing people dying so becoming a doctor wasn't an option and definitely not a vet but a physiotherapist seemed perfect as I love football too. I man, who doesn't wanna look at footballers legs too I mean it's an added bonus.

The bus takes a sharp left as we arrive at Anfield. We park as all the boys stand up and we all walk into Anfield. I was one of the last to leave because I always wait for the guys to leave first because they need to get on the pitch as soon as possible. Dominic was the last to leave of the boys but stopped as he saw me waiting. "Go." He said as he gave me a nervous smile. "Thank you Dom." I said as I walked in front of him.

The boys walk to the changing room whilst the coaching staff walk to the field and had a little pep talk ourselves. I got all of my equipment ready in case of an injury and sat down. Soon the stadium started getting fill with many fans who were excited yet many nervous faces were seen from where I was sitting.

Soon all the players were on the field and the whistle blew indicating the beginning of the match. Dominic wasn't starting as he was always a good substitute to make as he is pretty quick. I sat next to him because he looked super nervous and I felt like I could help him feel better.

"Hey Dom. Are you okay?" I asked as I sat next to him. He looked at me as he gave me a big smile yet I could see the nerves behind it. "Yeah just a tad bit nervous." He said as his leg began to tap again. "You look a bit more than just a tad bit nervous. You'll be alright." I said as he smiled at me. "Thanks Y/N."

Bournemouth scored early which was a big shock however Liverpool clapped back with 2 goals. Soon Dom was getting ready for a substitution. Dom went on and played pretty well but unfortunately went in for a tackle and clearly did some damage as he clutched his ankle in pain.

I ran onto the pitch along with my fellow physiotherapist, Anthony, as we checked out his ankle. I touched it ever so lightly and Dom cried in pain. I knew he was in trouble. "Please help me Y/N" he said as I gave him a reassuring smile. "We need a stretcher." I told Anthony as he requested one. Soon Dom was being taken off the pitch.

I ran to Howe "Can I go with Dom? I wanna assess his ankle as see if he needs to go in for surgery." I said as Anthony ran up behind me. "I'll stay and help if any other injuries happen." Anthony said as Howe nodded and I ran to catch up to Dom.

He was sitting on a bed as I could see tears streaming down his face. "Hey Dom. I'm here to check out your ankle." I said as he nodded but I didn't even need to look at the ankle to know he either broke his ankle or he has torn his ligament by the ankle.

I sat down by his ankle and had a look at his ankle. After some fighting and trying my hardest to not hurt Dom, my conclusion is that he has broken his ankle. "Okay we have to go to the hospital. You've broken your ankle." I said as Dom placed his hands over his head. I knew he was devastated.

"Can we please have an ambulance?" I asked over my walkie talkie I have with me. "My football career..." I heard Dom say as I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Hey it's not over. Look at Gomez, he did a lot worse and he's almost back to full fitness. You've got this okay." I said to Dom but I knew it didn't have that much if an impact as I could see the panic washed over his face. 

Soon the ambulance arrived and took Dom. I couldn't join since the game hasn't ended and I needed to go back and make sure that all injuries are taken care of. Soon the game ended and we all walked to the changing rooms so the boys could shower and then I could start with the massaging. After massaging I walked to Howe to ask for permission to leave and he gave me a thumbs up. "Hey Y/N, I'm sure Dom will be okay." He said as I gave him a big smile. I think Howe knew I had a huge soft spot for him.

I take a quick walk to the hospital since it is relatively close to the stadium. I walk to the front desk. "Hi. I'm looking for the room Dominic Solanke is staying in." I asked the lady sitting in reception as she gave me a smile. "Room 302." She said as I gave her a smile and quickly walked to his room.

I knocked lightly on his door and walked in. Dom was lying in the bed with his leg raised high. He gave me a weak smile as I sat down next to him. "Hey you. How you feeling?" I asked as he shook his head. "I feel fine but absolutely gutted that I can't play for awhile." He said as I gave him a smile. "Don't worry. I'll get you to full fitness as soon as possible." I said as he gave me a smile. I grabbed his hand and gave it a big squeeze.

"Why did you come and visit me? Shouldn't you be at the hotel?" He asked as I gave him a smile. "I just wanted to make sure that you're alright. You looked in a lot of pain and just wanted to be sure that you'll be okay." I said as I couldn't help myself blush. He gave me a smile and squeezed my hand. "Thanks gorgeous." He said as I looked down at my lap.

It was silent for awhile until Dom cleared his throat. "Listen Y/N, I know this isn't the best of times to ask this but I'd love to go on a date it's you when I'm out of hospital. Would you like to come on a date with me?" He asked as his cheeks turned a light shade of red. "I'd love to." I said as he gave me a big smile. For the rest of the night we just relaxed and got to know each other even more until I fell asleep next to him.

*****

I hope you enjoyed! This obviously isn't true and based on facts but it came to mind and I thought it was super cute. I hope you enjoyed and I hope you guys are all well and healthy!