Jesse Lingard

death
/dɛθ/
noun
the action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism.

warning: this imagine is VERY fictional and many wont like it. If you don't like imagines that are way too fictional, then you're more than welcome to skip this imagine. I totally understand as I'm also not a huge lover but this idea really sounded cool so here you go x

*****

I look at my mother, a sad smile appearing on my lips as I read the date 12 May 2021 on the top of her head. "Hun, I'm not feeling too well." She says as she collapses. "Its okay, ma. Its your time." And with that, my mothers eyes close as if she was just going to sleep, except she wouldn't be waking up ever again.

Since the pandemic, things have been very strange. As vaccines came out, the more we became like robots. This included being able to see everyone's day they were gonna die above their heads. The only issue, you cant see yours. Mother never knew she was going to die, but all of us did. That was possibly the scariest thing and there was no way to get rid of it because trust me, I would.

Days pass, I feel more and more depressed, hating and feeling almost guilty that I knew when my mother was gonna die and I never told her. She never told me the day i would die as it isn't right nor fair, but the guilt ate me up that I felt as if I couldn't live another day.

I get out of bed and make my way to the shops after taking a much needed shower, washing the guilt off of my body. As I walk to the shops, sad stares look at me. I think at first its just because I looked like shit and people could obviously see that. But things got stranger as I take my groceries to the cashier. "Do you have a Che- You know what, never mind. Everything is on the house. Have a lovely day miss." The cashier says as I look at her and frown. I say a soft thanks and make my way out the shops.

I walk to my car, panic settling into my skin. Was I about to die? I look around me to see a man placing a cute little girl into the kiddies car seat. I dash over to him, "Hi, I'm so sorry but please tell me the day I'm going to die." I plead the young man as he stares at me. "Hi, I'm having a lovely day thanks for asking." He says with a small wink.

I roll my eyes but I cant help a smile appearing on my lips, "Please tell me what date it says." I say as he gives me a sympathetic smile. "The 21 May 2021." He states as my eyes open wide, "Tomorrow?" I question as he nods his head. "I'm so sorry." He says as he pats my shoulder. I don't say anything as I can't form any words. "Hey, don't worry. You do know that sometimes it can change." He says as I scoff, "I don't love anyone." I say as I remember that only new formed true love can possibly change the day you die. The man just shrugs, "Anything can happen." He says as I smile at him. "Well, thank you so much. Have a great day further." I say as I walk away and towards my car.

I sit in my car and start the short drive home. My whole world feels as if its crumbling down. The worst was knowing that my mother knew and never told me. I arrive home, ready to go cry myself to sleep and have the possibility of never waking up again until I hear someone behind me, "Miss!" I turn around before walking into my home to see the same man from the shops, "Wow, you even followed me. I must be special." I joke as he chuckles. "I know what you're gonna do. Don't go and spend your last day by yourself, crying yourself to sleep." He says as I chuckle, "You don't even know my name yet you know exactly what I was about to do." I say as he smiles at me.

"Spend your last day with me. I know I'm just a stranger but I'm sure that we will have a ton of fun. I know how to live a day to the fullest." He says, causing me to smile. "You know what, what have I got to lose. Lets go." I say as he smiles wide at me. "I'm Jesse by the way." He says as he opens his car door for me. "I'm Y/N." I say with a smile, happy I can spend my final day with someone who actually seemed to care.

I look behind me to be faced with that pretty little girl. "Hewwo." She says to me as I smile wide, "Hello! I'm Y/N." I say as I stretch over and shake her outstretched hand. "I is Hope." She says with a small smile. "I see you and my daughter hit it off." Jesse says as he gets into the drivers side and starts the drive to God knows where. "She's a cutie. You and your wife are lucky." I say as I look at the date above his head. This man was living until 2059, what a lucky bastard. "I'm not married. We just had a drunk night and forgot protection. But I'm glad because this little cutie has made my life worth living." He says as I look at his date to see it increase a year. Wow, true love at its finest.

Jesse makes his way to the park. He grabs Hope's hand as we make our way to the park. He lets Hope run free and play with other kids as we start a small conversation. We talk for hours until Hope runs to us, crying because she fell, but deep down I know its because she's hungry. She runs straight to me, grabbing on to me as I run my fingers through her hair softly. "Wow, I've lost my own daughter." Jesse says causing me to laugh.

We make our way to his house. He was definitely a good football player as he told me at the park based on how stunning his house is. We chat for hours as we have a lovely dinner with Hope. As the night soon approaches, Jesse puts Hope to sleep before walking back to me in the living room with a glass of wine in hand. I thank him as we watch the film on TV. "Thanks for today. I know it wasn't extravagant but it was definitely a day I will remember." I say to Jesse as he smiles at me, "It's only a pleasure." He says as he pats my thigh.

"You know, it sucks knowing that I wont be here tomorrow. That I wont be living another day." I say as he looks over at me, "Like I say, it could always change." He says as I chuckle, "I hope it does." I say as I look over at him. I feel butterflies appear in my stomach as I look at him longer, feeling myself leaning closer and closer to him until our lips meet. One thing leads to another and I fall sleep in Jesse's arms, feeling as if I finally found someone I loved before the day my life is taken away from me.

I wake up the next morning, shocked to see that I was still alive. It actually sucked the most because there was a chance that I would die during the day, just like mother did. I walk downstairs to see a shirtless Jesse making breakfast for the two of us and Hope as she was watching TV at the kitchen table. "Good morning." I say as he turns around, "Good m- Oh my god!" He exclaims, catching both mine and Hope's attention. "What?" I ask as he smiles wide. "Your death date, its changed!" He exclaims as my eyes open wide, "Really?! I ask, feeling myself becoming emotional.

Jesse runs to me as he hugs me tightly, "I told you." He says as he presses a kiss to my hair. "And you proved me wrong." I say as I look into his chocolate eyes before pressing my lips to his, knowing this would be the start of our relationship and our own little family with Hope and the little baby growing inside of my tummy.