Scott McTominay

cheat
/tʃiːt/
act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
Y/N - your name

I sighed as I put down my phone on my bed. I felt warm tears fall down my cheeks as I let out a whimper. He cheated on me. I couldn't believe those words would ever come out of my mouth especially in a relationship with Scott.

Scott and I have been together since we were 17. We met through mutual friends and that's where our relationship bloomed. We first started off as friends since I was in a relationship at that time but when he broke up with me, Scott was right there offering me the support I needed. Soon enough, we were dating and it was possibly the best relationship I've ever been in, besides the obvious now.

Myself and Scott have so any memories together plainly because we've been together for so long. We've been on holidays with each other, seen each other rise in our careers. I was his number one supporter. Even though I'm not a United fan, I still went to every single game of his with number 39 on the back of the United shirt he gave me. The only time I beg him not to wear that shirt he bought me is when its United vs City. But I always lose.

He always supported me in medical school. Since I was 7 years old, I wanted to be a doctor and help as many people as possible. As much as some people annoy me, I do believe that every person has a right to live. The beginning of medical school was so difficult but Scott was always there to give me support and to help me whenever. He'd always test me even though he didn't know the difference between the large and small intestine.

I wiped my cheeks to get rid of as many tears as possible but they just kept coming down. I looked at my phone again but soon mentally smack myself in the head because I'm just hurting myself by pressing the play button. But of course I continue. My shaky hands press play as I watch a girls hands go through his hair whilst a bunch of guys wolf whistle in the background.

At first, you don't even realize it's him. But the big red flag is as soon as he pulls away from that girl, he runs to the camera and shouts at the guys for recording. I shake my head once again as I put my phone down. I was dreading Scott to come home because I didn't want him to see me like this. I hated looking and feeling weak. I obviously often cry, that's what medical school does to you, but I hate showing others that I'm weak and that includes Scott. He's seen me in my most vulnerable states but never like this.

I quickly stand up and grab a suitcase. I grab all my clothes from Scotts cupboard and place it in there. I grabbed any other essentials such as my toiletries and any other necessary things. I grab my phone and call my closest friend Melody. The phone rings for awhile until I hear her strong American accent through the phone, "Hey Y/N! What's up?" She asked but soon started questioning me as she heard my sobs through the phone.

"What happened? Is everything alright? Must I come pick you up?" She asked as I softly replied yes. The phone was soon put down and I knew she was on her way. I grabbed any other small things and placed them by the front door. I walked up the stairs and took in his room and all the pictures in it for the last time. I always told myself that if he cheats, he's not worth it and if you forgive him, he'll do it again. I knew this would be the last time I saw this room because I wasn't gonna come back.

I looked down as my hands and saw the promise ring he gave me still on my finger. I sighed as I pulled it off and put it down on the bed. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and wrote whatever I needed to on it and placed it next to the ring on the bed. I let out a shaky breath as I heard a hooter coming from outside. I ran downstairs and grabbed all my things as I looked at the living room and kitchen that were so close to the front door. Memories came pouring back into my mind but I shook them away knowing that if I didn't walk away now, I would never walk away. I took one last breath as I turned my back on all those memories and walked out the front door.

Scott's POV
I arrived home as soon as I could from the club. I made such a stupid mistake by cheating on the girl I wanted to say "I do" to. It was so stupid how it happened. The very stunning but fake girl came up to me and we spoke until her lips landed on mine. For some reason, I couldn't pull away. As soon as we did, I saw people videoing us and ran up to them and forced them to delete it. Little did I know, it was already spreading through social media.

I quickly parked my car and ran into the house. I ran up the stairs to be met with a note and the promise rings I gave her lying on my bed. I shook my head and my lips began to quiver. I grabbed the note which was scribbled in her terrible handwriting. She's clearly meant to be a doctor with this type of writing. I sucked in a breath as I started to read her note.

Dear Scott.

I saw the video. At first, I didn't believe it was you but was proven wrong when you ran up to the camera. I'm heartbroken but that's not the point of this letter. This letter is to tell you I'm gone but what I want you to ask yourself everyday is why? Why did you do this to me? If you got bored, why couldn't you just break up with me. Why did you have to do the most disgusting thing on this planet? I'll never forgive you for this. I wish the best for you in life but what I do wish for is that you don't do what you did to me to another girl. Next to the note will be the promise ring you gave me. I don't mind what you do with it. I really hate what you did to me but I guess that just how life rolls. Everything in life happens for a reason and clearly you and I were never meant to be. I'll always love you Scott.

From Y/N

I sat down on my bed as the tears kept falling. I couldn't control them. I wiped a few of them away as I grabbed my phone and tried to call her as many times as I could. After many attempts of calling, I moved to messaging her to just see that her profile picture went from a picture of us kissing by the Eiffel Tower to that grey blank man knowing I was blocked. How did I manage to lose the best thing in my life?

I knew I lost her forever but I know we are meant to be together at some point.

*****

Part 2??? Thank you so much for reading. Let me know if you want a part 2.