Billy Gilmour

love
/lʌv/
noun
an intense feeling of deep affection.

"Hey baby." Billy says to me as he leans in and presses a kiss to my lips. "Hey hun! I'm so proud of you. You played so well." I say as I congratulate him on his debut. "Thanks hun. You look freezing, lets get going." He says as he pulls me close to him and guides me to his car.

We start our journey back to my house, as I needed to study with my roommate for this weeks upcoming tests on Newtons Laws. We talk nonstop the whole ride, Billy very chatty after his wonderful debut. Billy stops just outside my house and leans in, pressing a long and loving kiss to my lips. "Thanks for supporting me today, hun." He says making me smile. "Anything for you." I say as I caress his cheek.

Subconsciously I hold my breath, waiting for those important three words to spill from his mouth. "See you soon, babe." He says before pressing his lips to my cheek. I jump out of the car and wave him goodbye, letting out an annoyed sigh as he drives away. "Has he still not said that he loves you?" I hear behind me as I turn around to see my roommate, Emma, with a sad smile plastered on her face.

"Nope." I answer as I give her a hug, "Its oka-" "No, its not okay! We've been dating for 6 months and he hasn't said I love you to me. 6 months! How long will I have to wait?" I question as she sympathetically smiles at me, "Maybe he just doesn't know when to say them." She says as I sigh and nod my head, "I know, it just sucks." I say as she pats my back as we walk inside the warm small home.

"Its gonna be okay. Speak to him when you see him again. But right now, next weeks test is super important." She says as we walk to the dining room table to start studying and prepping for our test. I try my best to concentrate, but the lack of those three words from Billy keeps me overthinking, more than id like to be thinking.

-

"My girl! How did the test go?" Billy questions me as I walk into his home after receiving a sweet kiss from him, "It was tough but I'm sure I did well." I say as he smiles wide at me, "That's my girl." He says, making my heart flutter. My smile drops as I remember what Emma said last weekend, "Billy, can we chat quick?" I question as all the colour drains from his face. "Y-Yeah sure." He stutters as we sit down on his comfy couch.

"Do you like me?" I ask as he frowns, "Of course I do. What type of question is that?" He asks as he places his hand on mine. "Bil, its just... you don't communicate your feelings properly with me." I say indirectly, not wanting to openly say that him not saying 'I love you' has been bothering me. He frowns with a shrug, "Well then just tell me what you want me to say, and I'll say it." He says as gives me a small smile, wondering what on earth I was on about.

"Please just tell me you love me!" I exclaim as he looks at me shocked, "What do you m-" "I mean you haven't said that you love me! We've been dating for over 6 months and you haven't told me you love me. I normally wouldn't have an issue with it but I have an issue with it because I am so in love with you and I'm so afraid that you don't love me back." I finish out of breath as he just stares at me.

"Hun, that's definitely not the case." He says as he squeezes my hand, "Then why wont you say that you love me?" I question as he looks down, "I've been hurt before. This girl told me she loved me and then cheated on me. I guess I'm just afraid. I know you'll never cheat on me but I'm just scared I lose someone I love again." He says as he looks into my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I say but he shakes his head, "There's no need to be sorry. You have every right to be confused and worried. But Y/N, I'm so in love with you." He says as I smile, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks at this pure moment, "I love you too." I say before I lean in and kiss his soft lips. "Just know I'm never leaving you. The only way you can get rid of me is if you file a restraining order on me." I say as he laughs, "What about when you're dead?" He asks. "I'm obviously gonna haunt you." I say as I send him a wink. "Oh, I see how it is." He says as he pulls me close to him, tickling my sides.

"Stop!" I exclaim as he presses another kiss to my forehead. "I'm so lucky." He says causing my cheeks to heat up. "I think we are both lucky. We just work so well with each other." I say as I find myself getting lost in his dilated eyes. "Soon to be Mrs Gilmour?" He asks as I shake my head, "We so young." I say as he chuckles, "I glad we are on the same page." He says as we both chuckle before starting our night spent together.

*****

Okay, hear me out. This mans accent 🤤 Stay safe lovies xx