Kai Havertz

wedding
/ˈwɛdɪŋ/
noun
a marriage ceremony, especially considered as including the associated celebrations.

Y/N - your name

I was asked for more Kai imagines so here are more Kai imagines! I hope you guys enjoy!

I stare at myself in the long mirror with a wide smile spread on my face. My maid of honor, Perrie, walks behind me and places her hands on my shoulders. "I would've never imagined myself in a wedding dress." I say to her as she presses a kiss to my shoulder. "Well, here you are now in, may I add, a stunning wedding dress marrying the love of your life." She says making me smile from ear to ear.

But my smile soon fades as I stare at my hands. "He's not your soulmate, is he?" Perrie asks making me nod my head slowly. "I love Brad, don't get me wrong, but..." I trail off as I think of him. "You're still in love with Kai and he is your soulmate." Perrie says making me nod my head. "Then why are you standing here, Y/N? If you're not ready to marry Brad, then tell him." She says but I shake my head.

"I don't have a choice! Everything has been paid for and my dad loves Brad. He didn't like Kai that much, especially when he broke up with me." I say making her sigh. "Babes, if you love Brad then do it but if you know in your heart that you're not marrying your soulmate then you shouldn't walk into the venue." She says with a soft smile. I nod but as I'm about to speak again, my dad walks into the room.

"Oh my baby girl." He says making me smile. He walks over to me and presses a kiss to my cheek. "Let's get going. The bride is allowed to be fashionably late but not this late." He says making myself and Perrie chuckle. "See you at the alter." Perrie says to me and gives me a tight hug. "Love you best friend." I say making her chuckle, "Love you too." She says and walks out of the room.

My dad grabs ahold of my hand as he walks with me outside and I down the pathway which led to the wedding chapel. "I can't believe I'm handing you off to another man. You know, you're still my little girl in my eyes and the fact that I need to hand you off to another man breaks my heart but I know you're all grown up and you know what you want." He says making me chuckle. I'm silent as we reach the outside of the chapel.

"Y/N, are you sure you wanna marry Brad?" My dad asks me making me stare at him. "Why would you say that?" I question making him chuckle, "I'm not deaf nor blind, Y/N. I heard you and Perrie talking." He says making my cheeks heat up. "Dad, it's not that I don't wanna marry Brad it's just... I can't help but wish it was Kai at the end of the alter." I say making him smile sympathetically at me. "If you two are meant to be together, you will end up together one day." My dad says as he caresses my cheek.

"But for now, let's hand you over to Brad." He says making me nod and smile at him. The classic wedding song starts to play as myself and my dad walk down, hand in hand. I smile at Perrie and the rest of my bridal party as they all shuffle from foot to foot from excitement. I look over at Brad and see him smiling down at me. He looked so happy making me smile from ear to ear.

I reach Brad as my dad kisses my cheek, "Whatever is meant to happen will happen." He whispers with a smile. I nod and kiss his cheek and leave his touch and walk to Brad. He entwined our fingers together as he kisses my hand, "You look so beautiful." He says making my cheeks heat up. "You look handsome." I say making his cheeks turn a shade of pink.

The ceremony continues with all the little jokes the priest says and the vows. I couldn't help but imagine Kai standing at the alter rather than Brad but my dads words kept on repeating in my head, making me forget about Kai and look over at the priest, "If anyone has any objections to Y/N marrying Brad, speak now or forever hold your peace!" (A/N - is that what they say???)

It's silent for a few seconds making the priest nod, "I now pronounce you hus-" "I object!" A shout is heard from the door. I turn my head to the door to see Kai stood there. There is a chorus of gasps as I stare at Perrie who has wide eyes. He makes his way towards me and Brad. Brad stands up tall but slumps down as Kai's tall figure becomes too intimidating as he finally reaches us.

"Brad I'm so sorry to ruin your wedding day but I can't allow my soulmate to marry someone else." He says as his eyes connect with mine. I sigh, "Kai, why now? Why not a month ago? Why not years ago? Why leave me in the first place?" I question him, feeling tears brim my eyes. "I made a mistake. When I left you, I was looking out for my career and yours. I knew you couldn't move with me but as the years passed, I realized just how important you are to me. I don't know why I didn't talk to you sooner but I know that I needed to talk to you now or I'd lose my chance forever." He says, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

I'm silent as I stare between him and Brad. "Y/N, I love you but I refuse to stand between you and Kai if you love him." Brad says to me with a small smile playing on his lips. I look over at my father as he nods at me, knowing that my decision was solely up to me. "Brad, I love you with all my heart." I say making Kai look down, feeling like a fool for even trying.

"But I know Kai is my soulmate. You've treated me well and I thank you so much for that but we aren't meant to be." I say making him nod and lean in and kiss my cheek, "Thank you Y/N." he says as he turns around and faces Kai. He hands Kai the ring placed on his finger, "Don't break her heart." He says as Kai nods. "I promise I won't." He says and hugs Brad. I smile at the sight. Brad goes and stands with the groomsman, "What? You really think I'd miss you marrying your soulmate?" He says making all of us laugh.

Kai stares at me and grabs my hand placing the ring in my hand. "Alright, I'll start again. Y/N, do you take Kai to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest says as I nod, "I do." I say as I tear up and place the ring on his finger. "Kai, I'm guessing you do too?" The priest says making all of us laugh. "I do." Kai says as he gives my hand a squeeze. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest says as cheers erupt. Kai pulls me close and places his lips on mine for a kiss that I've missed for many years.

*****

I really love this imagine like a lot. I'm clearly in a good writing mood today huh? Stay safe lovies! xx