Mason Mount

forget
/fəˈɡɛt/
verb
fail to remember.

Y/N - your name

I walk into my favorite coffee shop with a big smile on my face, more than just excited for my daily cup of coffee. Coffee is an addiction. Once you start drinking it, you will never stop because if you do, it feels as if you're going through withdrawal symptoms. But coffee could also be bad, hence why I am at a coffee shop. These ladies and men barista's were beyond talented in making such a good damn cup of coffee, so I added it to my daily routine in order to start the day off right, with a smile.

There's nothing much planned for the day, maybe go do some grocery shopping or go out for a long walk to nowhere, but I still needed my coffee. I walk to the barista with a smile as she smiles back, "Y/N, the usual?" She asks as I nod my head, "Coming right up." She says as I take out my purse and pay her. I wait patiently as I look around the coffee shop, admiring the old rustic look and New York theme in the coffee shop.

I look around at the people, smiling at their significant other or spilling gossip with their friends. I missed that so much. I missed going out with friends but I only attracted the fake ones, hence why I am always alone. But rather be alone than be with two faced people who will ultimately leave you alone and crying later on. My eye catches a young man, fairly attractive with a cute little beard.

He is chatting much to better with another man who also looked around my age. The man looks over at me and smiles at me. I look away, embarrassed that I got caught. "Here you go, Y/N." The barista says as I thank her. I look back to see the attractive man and his friend gone, so I make my way to their table. As I reach the table, I notice a phone on it. I pick it up and look back to see if the man was still in the coffee shop but he wasn't.

I grab the phone and dash outside, looking all over for the mysterious man. I look at his phone and his lock screen, getting a better look at him. The picture is of him wearing a Chelsea shirt with a Captain arms band around his arm. I look around again and sigh, so much for just doing some grocery shopping.

I sigh as I start thinking of a plan as I sip on my coffee. I decide to go to the Chelsea training ground. I take a pretty long walk there all for the security guard to tell me off, "But this is a players phone!" I exclaim but the guard laughs in my face, "You fans are crazy." He says as I scoff, "I'm not a fan! I support a better tea-" "I will call backup." He cuts me off as I scoff, "Fine." I say as I turn around and storm off. "Now what?" I ask myself as I look around.

I look at his phone and press emergency number to see a number already punched in. Nice, speed dial. I Click call as it rings for a little while. "Hey Mas! Is everything alright hun?" An older women's voice rings in my ears. "Hi! Sorry, this is actually Y/N. I found this phone left at the coffee shop and I want to return it to its owner." I say as I pace around, feeling myself get nervous as I talk to a complete stranger.

"Oh! I am so glad that there are good hearted people like you out there! Well, hun, I can give you his address but there is a chance he may not be there as he might be out with a few mates." She says, "That's okay! Maybe I can possibly hide it or something." I say as she chuckles, "Sure hun, his address is _______." She says as I type it into my phone, "Thank you so much for helping me." I say as she cooes, "No hun, thank you so much for being an ethical person. Have a lovely day." She says as I wish her well as well.

With that, I make my way to this so called Mason's house. The walk was ridiculously long. I get that he drives to training but holy shit, the amount of money that boy much spend on petrol. I eventually arrive at this massive house that one can only dream of owning. The house was beautiful as I admire the architectural design. I walk to the front door and knock three times. After a few seconds I try again but no one answers. I sigh as I look around, looking for a place to hide the phone.

"Excuse me! Get off of my property!" I hear behind me as I jump for the sudden shouting. I turn around to see the same man as I hold up my hands in surrender, "Sorry! I was just dropping off your phone." I say as his frown drops, "Oh! The girl from the coffee shop?" He asks as I chuckle and nod my head, "That's me." I say as I lower my arms. "Sorry for shouting at you." He says as we walks closer to me.

"I am guessing that this is your phone." I say as I hand him his phone as he nods his head, "Thanks so much for giving it back. But, how did you find where I live?" He asks as my cheeks heat up. "Well, to be honest, I did some detective work. I saw your wallpaper and saw that you play for Chelsea so I went to the training grounds to be told off. I then called your speed dial and your mum, I'm guessing, helped me out." I say as he laughs loudly, "Wow, you are something special." He says as I feel my cheeks heat up once again.

"Listen, I owe you big time." He says but I shake my head, "No really, I do. Not only did you bring me back my phone and you really tried hard to do so, its the least I can do after making a pretty girls like yourself walk out in the cold." He says as I smile up at him as I bite my lip, "Well, I guess when you put it that way, you owe me big time." I say as we both laugh. And with that, that's how our relationship started and it was a great story to tell our kids every night before bed as they always begged for it, thinking it was a fairytale, like it really way.

*****

Guys, I think I have found my favorite story I have written. Sometimes my own genius scares me because this imagine SMACKED for me. I hope you enjoyed as much as I did! Stay safe lovies xx