Scott McTominay

unimaginable
/ʌnɪˈmadʒɪnəb(ə)l/
adjective
difficult or impossible to imagine or comprehend.

Y/N - your name

Another request! Thank you sm ❤️

"And you're all patched up!" I exclaim as I look at the young Mason Greenwood. "Thanks Y/N, glad you're apart of our medical staff." He says with a small smile as he gets off the bed and limps towards the door. "Mr Greenwood, don't you dare go back to training." I sternly tell him which earns me a sigh from the young football player, "I wasn't going there." He mumbles.

"Mhm, take a break and let me know how you're feeling tomorrow. And don't lie about it like last time!" I warn him. "Fine, fine. See you tomorrow Y/N." he says and walks off after giving me a small wave. "He's a cheeky bugger." Ole says as he walks into my room, "But we all love him." I say. "True to that. Listen, I'm sorry to ask this but can you work over time tonight? Scott needs an extra check up. He's complaining about some pain in his knee." Ole says with a sympathetic smile.

"Of course! Where is he now?" I question, wondering why he couldn't just come to me now since training was over. "He has an important interview with a few of the other players that is unfortunately gonna take awhile." Ole says. "Okay not a problem. Enjoy your evening Ole." I say, waving him off as I clean my working station due to Covid-19 regulations. "Have a lovely evening, Y/N. I really appreciate this." Ole says as he gives me a thumbs up. "It's apart of my job so obviously I have no issues with it." I say. He gives me one more smile and walks out of my room.

I sigh and start cleaning but can't help thinking about Scott. I've always had a thing for Scott. Ever since I moved here from a small club in the Championship, I couldn't help think that Scott was attractive. But it's pretty pointless wanting to be with him because I'm almost certain that he couldn't even imagine us together. He just sees me as another worker who helps him when he needs help.

Once done cleaning, I take a seat on the couch in my medical room and check my phone seeing that it was already 5pm as the boys had a late training session. I sigh, grabbing my lunch from my bag that I never ended up eating due to helping quite a few players this afternoon. I get comfortable in my seat and eat my sandwich whilst I wait for Scott.

-

Scots POV

"Cheers guys!" I wave goodbye to Harry and Victor after our little interview and game with SkySports. I walk towards the medical room. Before stepping in, I straighten my shirt knowing that Y/N will be in there. I couldn't help but feel nervous before stepping in and seeing Y/N sitting on her couch, watching videos on her phone.

"Hey Scott! How's everything going?" She questions with a wide smile on her face. How could she looks so beautiful effortlessly? "Hey Y/N. I'm alright thanks." I say as I give her a hug. Her hug is tight and her perfume enters my nose, making me melt at her sweet scent. I pull away and she walks to her working bed and pats on it, "Hop up. So Ole tells me that you're complaining about your knee again?" She questions as I sit on the bed.

"Uhh yeah." I say. "Which knee is it?" "It's my right knee. The one I injured earlier this season." I say as she nods and places her warm hands on my knee. "Can you explain the type of pain?" She asks but I barely hear it as I'm so engrossed in looking at her. How her hair flowed down her back and the way her eyelashes were so black that they defined her eyes.

"Uhh, Scott?" She questions making me snap out of my daydream. "Oh shit, sorry. I'm umm I'm very tired." I stumble over my words causing her to giggle. "It's alright. So can you describe the pain please?" She asks. I nod, "Well its more of an uncomfortable pain rather than a sharp pain. It feels like the knee is over worked if that makes sense." I say. She nods and smiles, "I know exactly what you mean. Okay so after feeling the knee, it feels fine. So your pain is most likely just a tired and over worked knee. So I'll speak to Ole so that we can focus on isolated training to strengthen it up so it doesn't get tired." 

I nod and smile down at her, "Thank you Y/N. I was worried that it was another step back." I say but she shakes her head, "Nothing to worry about but we need to strengthen it up otherwise there will be other problems." She says. I nod and jump off of the bed. "Thank you Y/N." "Pleasure Scott. Now go and get some rest." She says rubbing my shoulder softly.

I look down at her and let out a sigh deciding on the spot that I need to ask her this otherwise I'll never ask her.

Y/N POV

"Would you like to go out for dinner?" Scott asks making my mouth open wide. "Pardon?" I question, not believing what just came out of his mouth. "I mean umm never mind." He says, his cheeks turning red. He is about to walk out but I stop him and grab his hand, "No I didn't mean it like that. I just couldn't believe you asked that. I thought you.. you know." I say, not really wanting to fully admit my feelings towards him.

He chuckles and shakes his head, "I've kinda had a thing for you for awhile now." "Oh really? Same to be honest." I say causing him to chuckle softly. It's silent for awhile until he clears his throat, "So is that a yes?" He asks. I nod my head and step on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek, "Most definitely a yes." I say. He smiles down at me, "I'll meet you outside?" He questions which I nod too. "Sure. Just gotta pack up. I'll see you in about 5 minutes." I say. "Perfect. See you. My car is the red one." He says with a cheeky smile.

As soon as he leaves my office I can't help do a mini happy dance, happy that he not only felt the same way but also acted on his feelings. Time to go and have the night of my life.

*****

This is cute not gonna lie. I hope y'all enjoyed! Stay safe xx