Jamal Lewis

injury
/ˈɪn(d)ʒ(ə)ri/
noun
an instance of being injured.

Y/N - your name

Can we just appreciate this definition. Another request so thank you! X

"Oh what the fuck!" I shout as I watch a foot collide with Jamal, my boyfriend, face. "If that's not a fucking card." I mutter to myself as I sit back down on the couch and frown at the TV as I see a yellow card being pulled out of the refs pocket. "Only a yellow? Fucking joking me. Honestly, the blind would be better refs than you lot!" I shout as I see the blood on Jamal's face.

I sigh, worry creeping up my spine as I watch the on field doctors and physiotherapists fix him up on the pitch. "Ouch, that must be sore." The commentator says causing me to chuckle, "Well no shit Sherlock." I say to myself as the game continues with Jamal playing. Since it was just a cut and a bruise, Jamal was allowed to play but I could see he was in a great amount of discomfort.

I feel my heart shatter as I see him walking off the pitch at half time and closing his eye in pain. I watch the remainder of the game, irritated with the loss and the obvious red card that should've been dished out. I way patiently for Jamal to come home. For that time, I watched all the post game interviews with a frown on my face, still saddened by the loss.

Whilst I am making myself a cup of tea, I hear the front door open. "I'm home, baby!" Jamal shouts, causing my lips to curl into a big smile. I hear his footsteps get louder as he appears around the corner into the kitchen "Hey baby." I say as I stop stirring my tea and wrap my arms around his tall figure. I bury my head into his chest as his cologne fills my nostrils.

"Hey babe." He mutters softly. I pull away and stare at his busted eyebrow and dark bruise that was forming around it. "Oh baby. How is it feeling?" I ask as I motion towards his cut, "It's really sore. I've got such a massive headache." He says as his eyes close from the pain. I sigh softly and walk towards the medicine cupboard and grab him some headache pills.

I stand in front of him with a smile and hand him two pills, "This will help." I say as he gives me a small smile. "So what did the doctors say about your cut?" I ask as I walk back to my tea as he takes his pills. "They said I need to clean it twice a day and that I must clean it tonight as well." He says after swallowing his tablets. I nod and look at his eyebrow with a sad smile, "How you continued to play is beyond me." I say as he chuckles softly.

"Go and have a shower and then call me when you're finished so I can clean up your cut." I say. "No, you don't-" "Not negotiable, Lewis." I simply say as he sighs, "You're so stubborn." He says as he asks his way up the stairs to our bathroom, "Yet you love me!" I shout after him which earns a chuckle from the nutjob.

I drink my tea until I hear a faint, "I'm done." Come from upstairs. I place my dish in the sink and make my way up the stairs into our bedroom and straight into our en suite bathroom. When I walk in, Jamal is seated on the bathroom counter with some disinfectant and a cotton ball besides him. I smile at his cuteness as his legs dangle off the edge, "What are you smiling at?" He questions me as he smiles himself, "You look so cute." I say and walk towards him.

I stand in between his legs as his hands go straight to my hair and start playing with it. I smile up at him, "This is gonna hurt." I say and wet the cotton ball with the disinfectant, "You'll make up for it later tonight right?" He questions with a smirk. I glare at him and place the cotton ball directly onto his cut earning a hiss from him, "That's what you get for being cheeky." I say with a smile as he mumbles something under his breath.

I clean his wound and smile up at him once again, "Do you have to cover it with something or leave it open for air?" I question as he hands me a big bandage, "I have to cover it for two nights and then leave it open." He says as I nod and take the bandaids from him and place it over his eyebrow. I flatten it out and step back and admire my work, "You're done mister." I say as he smiles and hops of the counter.

"Thank you babe." He says and wraps his arms around my waist. "Anything for my boyfriend." I say as he leans in and places his lips on mine. "Wanna cuddle and watch a movie?" He questions as I smile, "I'd love to but we will in the bedroom cause you need to sleep as you have training tomorrow morning." I say as he groans, "Fine, mom." He mumbles but loud enough for me to hear.

He walks into the room and lays down on the bed. I follow him and grab a pillow and smack his stomach. "Oh, it's on." He says as he grabs a pillow and smacks me in the face. The fight ends shortly after with us laying on the bed giggling at each other, "You're so bad with your aim!" I shout as he scoffs, "I'm a football player, not a baseball player." He says which causes me to chuckle softly.

I turn the TV on and switch off the light, getting back into bed and cuddle up to Jamal. He chooses a random show to watch as we sit in silence and watch TV. "I love you." I say, thinking Jamal was still awake, but I'm answered with soft snores. I smile and switch off the TV and cuddle into his side, falling asleep soon after in the arms I felt so pretended by.

*****

This was so cute oms! I hope you enjoyed! Btw I didn't watch the game so it may not be accurate but whatever. Remember to vote for your fav chapters and stay safe lovies!xx