Illan Meslier

reject
verb
/rɪˈdʒɛkt/
dismiss as inadequate, unacceptable, or faulty.

Y/N - your name

I apply the finishing touches to my makeup with a massive smile on my face. Finally a date night with my boyfriend, Ryan. We've both been very busy, him with work and me with university. I've barely spoken to him which was my fault but university was just a little bit too demanding.

I grab my phone and message him telling him I'm leaving and that I'll meet him at the restaurant. I stand in front of my mirror, admiring my dress and heels that shaped my legs so nicely. I grab my phone and purse and walk down stairs, saying goodbye to my hamster, and walk out the door, getting in my car and then heading to the restaurant. Ryan couldn't pick me up for some reason but I get that since he does live quite awhile away from me.

I arrive at the restaurant and walk out and smile at the receptionist. "Good evening ma'am. Have you made a reservation?" He asks with a smile. "Yeah, under Y/N." I say as he looks and nods once he has found my name. "Right this way miss." He says a walks me to a table with two chairs. "Can I get you anything ti dink whilst you wait?" He ass as I nod, "Just a coke please." I say as he smiles and walks away.

I sigh and look around, admiring the restaurant's colours and natural theme. I look around at all the people, admiring all the couples, hoping myself and Ryan could end up like that one day. I sigh and look at my phone, seeing that he has read my massage but hasn't answered it. Maybe he's driving so can't answer...

-

I sigh as the waiter walks my way once again, "Ma'am, are you ready to order without your partner?" He asks as he looks at his watch, "It's been an hour, aren't you starving?" He asks as I shake my head. "Don't worry. Just another 10 minutes please." I say as he sends me a sympathetic smile. He walks away leaving me to sigh and look at my phone to see that Ryan was just reading all the messages I sent him but not answering.

I sigh, I got stood up by my own boyfriend. I look around as everyone in the restaurant gives me sympathetic smiles, making me feel even worse than what I already do. After 10 minutes, the water comes back. "You know what, I'll just take the bill." I say as he gives me a sympathetic smile. "Alright miss, I am-" "Hey babe. I'm so sorry I fan this late. Traffic was really bad." A young man I didn't recognize with am accent I don't recognize say as he sits down opposite me.

He leans forwards, "I'm Illan, just go with it." He says sending me a million dollar smile. I nod, "Great you're here babe. Sorry about that." I say as I face the waiter but he shakes his head and smiles, "What would you two like too eat?" He asks as I smile at the young man in front of me, happy he saved me from complete and utter embarrassment.

-

I walk outside with Illan as we laugh at one of his football stories. "I can't believe that happened." I say as he shrugs, "It happens so often. It's actually really annoying." He says as he towers over me. We both die down as we look at each other. "Thank you for saving me." I say as he chuckles, "Only a pleasure. Whoever stood you up is a really fucking toss. I don't know who would do that too you out of all people." He says making my cheeks turn red.

"Who did you decide to pretend to be my boyfriend?" I ask as it was his turn for his cheeks to turn red, "Honestly, your very beautiful. I thought it was unfair that someone as beautiful as you had to get rejected for no reason." He says making me smile up at the tall man. "I really appreciate it Illan." I say as he shrugs and puts his hands in his pockets.

"I really enjoyed tonight I won't lie to you." I say to him as he chuckles, "I'm super glad. I was actually really nervous approaching you cause what happens if you rejected me?" He says making me laugh. "I wouldn't reject you. You're very sweet and quite good looking may I add." I say making him look down at his shoes with a massive smile on his face. "So what are you gonna do about Mr Douchebag?" He questions making me laugh.

"I already sent him a message saying it's over. No need to give someone like that a second chance." I say as he nods his head, "So then would it be alright if I ask you on a date? A proper one where I don't need to save you fro, being stood up." He says making me chuckle. "I'd love that." I say as he smiles from ear to ear. "Here, just put your number in and I'll message you when I get home." He says as he hands me his phone.

I put my number in and give his phone back. "Thanks again Illan." I say as I stand on my tippy toes and place a quick kiss to his cheek. "Only a pleasure." He says. "I'll see you soon?" I question as he nods. "Don't you dare stand me up!" I warn him as I walk away to my car. "Why would I do that? I wouldn't wanna lose my chance with such a beauty like yourself!" He shouts back making my cheeks turn red and my heart flutter at the stranger who saved my night.

*****

So I couldnt think of another word for "Stood up" so reject was the closest I could come up with. Oh well 😂 Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes! I write Afrikaans tomorrow (you're lucky if you don't know what language this is - stupidest language ever) so I can't think properly nor read properly 🙈 I hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe lovies xx