Max Aarons

psychologist
/sʌɪˈkɒlədʒɪst/
noun
an expert or specialist in psychology.

Y/N - your name

The ringing of my alarm wakes me up from a deep sleep. "Fuck sakes man." I whisper to myself as I switch it off. My Golden Retriever, Baby, stirs on her side of the bed as I smile at her. "Sorry Baby. I have many clients to see today." I said as I scratched her stomach and stood up and walked downstairs to the kitchen in my apartment.

I grabbed Baby's bowl and put some dog food in it and put it down in the corner where she eats so when she comes downstairs, she can eat straight away. I make myself some Avocado on toast and sit down at the TV and turn on the news. I hear pitter patter of Baby's feet come down the stairs as she goes to her bowl to eat. I smile in contempt as I know I wouldn't be here without her.

I finish eating and head upstairs to change into a smart shirt and smart black pants and match with some black high heels. I wash my face and brush my teeth and finally put my hair in a messy bun, honestly not caring what my clients think of me today.

It has been super hectic since I was dealing with many suicidal patients due to many losing their jobs to the pandemic plus my regular patients who always needed someone to talk to. I sigh as I grab my purse and phone and place it into my bag. I walk downstairs and grab some papers and research and quickly go to my car and place it in the back seat. I walk back and grab Baby's leash and call her over.

"Let's go baby!" I screamed as I heard her run from the TV room. I put the leash on her as we walk to my car. I let her sit in the front seat and finally sit in the driver seat and start my journey to doggy day care. I always take Baby there because I don't wanna leave her at home in case something bad happens. I arrive there and sign her in and finally head off to work.

I walk in after parking my car and greet my receptionist. "Hi love. Hope you had a good morning. Who is my first client?" I asked as she smiled at me. "Morning Miss Y/S. Your first client is a new client. Max Aarons." She said as I nodded. Always nice to have new clients but that just meant more work for me.

I sit down at my table and wait until it was time for Max to come in. In a few minutes, the phone on my desk started ringing. I answered and heard my receptionist on the phone. "Max is here." She said as I thanked her. I walked out and saw him sitting down on one of the chairs. He was wearing some blue ripped jeans and a white shirt with a green jacket and matching shoes on. He looked nervous as he was tapping his feet and he was rubbing his hands and after many years studying, that was a sign of being extremely nervous.

"Hi Max! I'm Y/N. Let's go sit down in my office." I said as he looked up at me "Hi ma'am." He said as he followed me to my room. I closed the door after he entered and he sat down on the couch in the corner of the room. I sit down on the couch in front of him as I grab my note pad to make some notes. "So Max, tell me about yourself." I said as he gave me a nervous smile.

"Ah well I'm a footballer and I play for Norwich." He said as I gave him a smile. "And how is that going? Are you enjoying it at the club?" I asked as he sighed. "That's actually why I'm here. I'm just very stressed. We not playing well and losing every single game. Football has just come back and I was excited but it hurts when you play your heart out but you just can't score a goal." He said as gave him a sympathetic smile.

While he continued to talk, I couldn't help but admire him. I never ever look at my clients in a romantic way however Max was super handsome. From what I saw in his profile, I was possibly 2 years older than him however age wasn't that big of an issue for me. Once he finished talking, he rubs him temple as he sits forward in his chair.

"Hey it's okay! It's super stressful I 100% get that but trust me, everything in life does happen for a reason." I said as he nodded. "But we came first in the Championship last season and then we come last in the Premier League." He said as he shook his head in disbelief. Just watching the way he was sitting, I could see he was stressed. "Listen, you're a fantastic player. I do watch football I promise I'm not stalking you." I laughed as she chuckled. "I'm almost certain that you will be wanted by another team but if not, don't stop working hard. The premier league is a tough league. You're not a bad team but the quality of the premier league proves to be better." I said as he nodded.

"I needed that. But do you have any thing that could help me calm down." He said as I nodded. "Well first always count to 10. I know you're paying to hear what every person says but it's true. Count down and always think before you say anything. Also remember if someone is shouting at you, don't shout back. It's even been proven that if you talk calmly, it makes them feel like shit." I said as he laughed at my language.

"Thanks Y/N." he said as I smile at him. "It's my job love." I said as he smiled. He stood up as I did too as looked at him. "Thanks again. I owe you a lot." He said as I shook my head. "You pay me anyway." I said as we both laughed. "I know this is inappropriate but you're very beautiful. I know I might be younger than you but I really think you're special and would love to hopefully take you out some time." He said as I looked down and couldn't help my cheeks turning a dark red.

"I'm not really into dating my clients but I can make an exception." I said as he smiled at me. "Ahh h-here's my number." He said as he scrambled to get his phone. I put out my hand to stop him, "I have it already doll." I said as he looked at me and turned a slight shade of pink. "Oops." He said as I laughed at him. I walk him outside and give him a wave as I watch him walk to his car.

*****

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed! Remember to leave a comment with any requests and ideas. Stay safe everyone!