Edinson Cavani

carnival
/ˈkɑːnɪv(ə)l/
noun
an annual festival, typically during the week before Lent in Roman Catholic countries, involving processions, music, dancing, and the use of masquerade.

Y/N - your name

Okay, I just wanna say I absolutely love this imagine.
It's so cuuuuute (like me🌚)
Btw another request
Stay safe lovies xx

"Hi! How many tickets would you like ma'am?" A little girl asks me as I reach the front of the line for the entrance of the local carnival in town. "Just one please." I say as she nods and hands me a ticket, "That will be 5 pounds." She says as I nod and hand her the note. I thank her and walk into the carnival, a massive smile on my lips as I see all the small gaming booths and the small rides that they always bring.

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been attending this carnival every single year. I've only ever missed it once and that was because I was on a business trip and couldn't get back home in time no matter how much I begged my boss. This place holds so many memories of mine: my first kiss on the Ferris wheel, my first raffle win, meeting my now best friend. This place had something special about it and I know it will be a yearly thing for the future until the day I die.

I walk straight to the ring toss booth, seeing a group of men around it, cheering a tall man on. I chuckle as they all get supper into it, screaming and hugging when they land on it. I arrive at the table and watch the mysterious man throw the rings on the bottle, getting all but one on, groaning as he looks at his friends. "I at least still did better than you." The man says to his friend, making him laugh. "Edinson, shut up." The friend says as they all share a laugh.

"Y/N! Its good to see you." The owner of this booth, Paul, says as I smile at him. "Good to see you too. Any good ring tossers today?" I ask as he chuckles. "Not as good as you." He says making me laugh. "Paul, mate, she cant be as good as me." The tall man, named Edinson, says making me raise an eyebrow whilst smiling. "Edinson, trust me when I say she is an absolute goddess at this." Paul says as Edinson scoffs, "How about a competition, whoever can get all of their rings on a bottle wins. Loser has to buy them whatever they want." He says as he sticks out his hand for me. I shake his hand, "You've got a deal." I say as I hand Paul a few pounds.

I take the 5 rings from Paul, and so does Edinson, and we start throwing our rings on the bottles. In a matter of seconds, I finish with all my rings as Edinson shakes his head, "That was insane." He says making me laugh. "She's been coming here since a little kid. You stood no chance. Stick to football." He says making us laugh. "Right then, I guess I must get you whatever your heart desires." Edinson says as I nod, "Indeed you do." I say as we make our way to the food court.

"Cheers Luke." Edinson says to his friend as they wave each other good bye and Luke walks in the opposite direction to a group of guys. "So, you've been coming here since a kid?" Edinson questions as I nod, "Yeah. I come here every year when possible." I say as he nods his head. "I think I came here once as a kid for our yearly family vacation but then I threw up on a ride and my mom said that I shouldn't ever again in the future." He says making me laugh, "But you're here again?" I question as we reach the food court, "Well, I'm now 33 years old so I'm not gonna ask my mom for permission now." He says as we both laugh.

"So, Y/N, what would you like?" He asks as I point straight at he donut stand. "Donuts it is then." He says as we order ourselves some mini donuts. For the remainder of the night, we walk around the carnival, eating our donuts and playing games together, beating little kids as they run and cry to their mothers. It wasn't our fault they were so bad at carnival games.

"I swear we're gonna get thrown out of here for making kids cry." Edinson says as we watch a little girl run to her mother. "I wouldn't be surprised." I say as we both share a laugh. "Closing time coming in 10 minutes!" I hear a man shout as I sigh, "I think that's my cue to go." I say as I look up at Edinson, "Well, if you go, can I at least see you again sometime again?" He asks as I feel my cheeks heat up, "I'd love too. This time maybe we can go for a proper dinner and not just donuts." I say making him laugh.

"But we have to get donuts after dinner." He says making me laugh. "Is donuts now our thing?" I question as he nods his head, "Donuts can only be ours." He says with a wide smile. "Ill see you soon, Edinson." I say as I hand him my phone. "I'll see you soon, Y/N." He says once he had punched in his number. And with that I leave him standing in the middle of the carnival with the biggest grin on his face, knowing that we would see each other soon.

*****