Gini Wijnaldum

friend zone
noun
a situation in which a friendship exists between two people, one of whom has an unreciprocated romantic or sexual interest in the other.

Y/N - your name

This was a request so thank you angel! This is kinda based on last seasons events but we don't mind that good time of Liverpool winning the league and beating Everton FAIRLY (Im still mad with VAR).

"And Gini Wijnaldum makes it 5-2 at Anfield in front of the Kop!" The commentator shouts making me jump up and celebrate in front of the TV. I rewatch the goal in awe as it was one beautiful goal. I clap for my best friend as I see his massive smile on TV. I wouldn't wish for him to come back to our shared apartment so I could give him a massive hug and finally tell hi, how I feel.

Obviously it's that cliche romance novel how I'm in love with my roommate but how can you not fall in love with Gini? He not only looks like an actual God, but he has a heart of gold and is too kind for his own good. I started developing feelings once he called it quits with his wife, obviously making me the happiest girl in the world as she was a real bitch.

I sigh as the game ends, making me smile from ear to ear as we finally won a derby game comfortably. I clean up the living room as I wait for Gini to come home. I wait and wait for Gini to come home, but once it reaches 12 in the morning, I frown and decide I would head off too bed. I knew he was probably out with mates and I didn't wanna get in the way of him spending time with his mates. I head off to bed, hoping I could see him tomorrow.

-

A loud bang wakes me up from my deep sleep. I grab my phone and check the time to see 3am. I frown, and get up off my bed and slip on my unicorn slippers. I make my way downstairs with one of my university files. With the amount of notes in the file, I'm sure it would be deadly if I hit someone with it. The floor creaks around the corner from the stairs. I stand up tall and step around the corner, taking a swing at whoever it may be.

"Hey!" Gini shouts at me as he ducks from the flying file. "Gini? Jesus you gave me a fright." I say as I switch all the lights on downstairs, not just the kitchen light that was on. "Wow, you look so threatening with your unicorn slippers and donut pajama pants." He says as he lets out a loud laugh. I roll my eyes as I point at the file on the ground, "I ouldve killed you so shut up." I say making him laugh even harder.

"Where were you even?" I ask as I lean on the kitchen counter. "Out at the club. Boss said we could celebrate." He says giving me a smile. "Well, this is for your game not that you've reminded me." I say as I wrap my arms around his neck. He chuckles and pulls me close to him. I sigh as the hug lasts for forever but I wasn't complaining. "Listen, I think we need to chat." I say to Gini making his smile drop from his face. "What's up?" He asks.

I let out a shaky sigh, "We need to talk about the elephant in the room." I say. I'm about to continue but Gini cuts me off, "I know the boys keep talking about how much I love you but just ignore it. You're just a mate to me." He says making my heart fall and shatter into many pieces. "What? That isn't what I wants stop talk about." I say as I feel tears brim my eyes. "Huh? What then? Why are you about to cry?" He compares me with questions but I shake my head.

"You're so blind Gini." I say but he just shakes his head, "Wait, do you like me?" He questions, finally figuring it all out. "Surprise! And you just kinda hurt my feelings." I say making him shake my head. "Oh my god! I've really fucked this up now haven't I?" He questions meet to himself making me frown. "What?" I ask making him shake his head.

"I like you too! The whole thing I just said was because I thought you didn't like me." He says with worry in his eyes. "Wow, you're not just saying this right?" I question him, a serious tone leaving my tired voice. "I promise." He says. I burst into laughter, "Wow! I was really worried for nothing, huh?" I question making him chuckle. It's silent for awhile until Gini pulls me close to him and smashes his lips on mine before I can say anything.

I melt into his kiss as his hands rest comfortably on my bum and mine around his neck. His tongue wipes across my lips, asking for entrance, which I gladly accept as he deepens the kiss by doing this. I pull away, breathless, as I stare into his dark brown eyes. "Wow." He says, almost speechless making me chuckle. "I've been waiting for that way too long mister." I say pointing my index finger at him. "Better late than never." He says quoting shriek, my all time favorite movie, making me laugh and pull him down to kiss my once more.

*****

I think this is cute ngl. Sorry if there are any spelling errors, my brain is mush and I can't read (we love exams don't we).  I hope y'all enjoyed! Remember to stay safe tho guys! I know it's getting frustrating not being able to do the things you loved but in the end, this is the new norm and we have to accept that. I'd also hate do any of you go I'll xx