Scott McTominay

apology
ˈpɒlədʒi/
noun
a regretful acknowledgement of an offence or failure.

Y/N - your name

Requested by silverswan2003 Thank you for the request!❤️

I blink my eyes as the sun beams in from my window. I let out a soft sigh as I stretch. I feel a mass move beside me as I smile, knowing it's a very sleepy Scott lying next to me. I turn over to look at Scott as his right arm drapes lazily around my waist as he lies on his left.

I study his features and admire him. I look at his hair which looks like a dogs breakfast however is possibly the cutest thing you'd see the whole day, as contradicting as that sounds. I look at his parted lips as he softly snores. I sigh, happy to be with the man I love after such a long time.

Myself and Scott started dating when we were both fourteen. It was love at first sight however I moved to Russia because of my fathers work. I was heart broken not only that I had to start my life all over again, but also that I was saving the love of my life back home.

After a few years in Russia, I decided to move to Manchester as it was one of the best places to study law. I still remember as if it was yesterday as I walked into the local bakery that was across the street from where I lived and bumped into a very tall man. "I'm so sorry." I said as I looked up to be met with Scott's striking blue eyes. "Scott?!" "Y/N?!" He said as he grabbed me and held me in a firm embrace.

Since that day, we've been inseparable. Yes, it's only been about 6 months of being together but it's definitely been the best six months of my life. Scott's eyes start to flutter open as I smile at him. "Morning babe." I said a he flashed me his sleepy smile. "Morning gorgeous." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"Want me to make breakfast?" I asked as he nodded slightly. I stood up and looked at Scott as I smiled at him. "Damn babe, your thighs are getting a bit big aren't they?" He questioned as my smile dropped. "What?" I asked as I looked at him questionable wanting to know what he actually meant. "I'm just saying babe to your thighs are getting big. Christ, I'm not saying you're fat." He said as he rolled my eyes.

I scoffed as I shook my head, "You know Scott, what is your issue? What's the point in telling your girlfriend first thing when you wake up that she's fat?" I questioned as he groaned. "I didn't call you fat! Fuck you're so sensitive." He said as I shook my head and walked down to the kitchen.

I know I was being a bit sensitive but I had every reason to. I always struggled with my weight and especially with thick thighs (thicc neh). I didn't really have an issue with thick thighs however I hated it when people pointed it out plainly because my Bullies in high school used to do that too. The worst about what he said was that he knew I hated it when he pointed it out.

I sigh as I turn the kettle on and sit by the kitchen island. I contemplate whether I did take it a bit seriously for no reason and eventually agree to say sorry to Scott. I get up and start walking up the stairs to shockingly be met with a Scott dressed in his training gear.

"Scot I wanted t-" "I have to go. Bye." He said as h brushed passed me and walked out the door. He didn't forget to slam the door, proving a point, which made me flinch. What is his issue? I sigh, scared I've ruined the relationship or caused unnecessary tension between us. I walk back down stairs and make myself some hot chocolate.

As the day went by, I did things to keep my mind off of the situation but as always, I struggled to not focus on it. Was I over reacting? Yes. But was Scott being a dick? Bingo. After flexing the whole house and eventually cooking dinner for us, I gave up trying to think of who it was to blame. In the end, we were both wrong.

He was wrong for mentioning something I'm very insecure about but I was also wrong for snapping at him. Again he was also wrong for treating me like shit but I was also wrong for not stopping him to try and resolve the situation. I sigh as I stir the pot that had some mince in it fro our spaghetti.

I hear the front door open as I look up to be faced with a tired looking Scott holding some flowers and many shopping bags. "Scott, what -" "I am so sorry babe. I don't know why I said what I said. Like it was so stupid. Because of lockdown, I couldn't exactly take you out for a proper apology but I bought us something special." He said as I looked at him weirdly.

He placed the many shopping bags down as he shoved his hand in one and pulled out a logo set. "Lego?" I question as he nods with a smile on his face. "When we started dating, we used to build with your brothers lego." He said I smiled, remembering all the nights we used to spend building god knows what. He always had to build a dick. Gotta love him.

"I know this isn't much but I just wanna show how truly sorry I am." He said as I smile lightly at him. "Babe I'm sorry too." I said as he shook his head. "No, no, I need to say sorry." I said as e gave me a warm smile. "Oh and by the way, this is possibly the cutest thing imaginable." I said as he gave me a toothy grin as we grabbed all the lego he bought and started playing with it in the living room.

*****

Hi all! I hope you enjoyed and I hope silverswan2003 enjoyed it too! I meant to send you a message but it doesn't wanna go through (face palm) so I hope this comes as a good surprise 😂. Remember to leave a request and idea! You're more than welcome to send me a message but I'm sorry if I don't answer you but I have definitely read it. Stay safe!