Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

scar
/skɑː/
noun
a mark left on the skin or within body tissue where a wound, burn, or sore has not healed completely and fibrous connective tissue has developed.

Y/N - your name

I trace my fingers over the line that goes from the top of the right side of my face and through my eye. I sigh as I look down, self conscious of the scar on my face. I look back at the mirror as I grab my concealer and cover the faints red marking on my face. I dab my beauty blender on it and finally put my foundation over it. I finish the rest of my makeup and look at my reflection.

I smile, happy that it's covered but if you look close enough, you can still see it. As I stare longer at the scar, the flashback come flying in as I shake my head, refusing to remember that awful night before my date with Alex. This was mine and Alex's first date so I needed to make a good impression as I really did like him.

We met at his home game at Anfield when the ball hit my face. I laughed it off because it was hilarious but Alex was really concerned. After the match, he ran over to me and said I should meet him in the tunnel. As I got there, he apologized profusely but I was really okay. The more I told him to not worry about it, the more he stressed. He said the only way he could make up for it was to take me out to dinner. How could I say no to that smiling Alex.

I sigh as I straighten my light pink shirt and black high waisted jeans. I smile at my appearance as I hear a knock on my door. "I'm coming!" I shout as I slip on my shoes and grab my purse. I open the door to see a happy Alex with a bouquet of roses in his right hand and a box of chocolates in his left. "Hey Y/N." he said as he gave me a big smile. "Hey Alex." I said as he pushed the chocolates and roses my way.

"I got you these. I hope they alright." He said as I smiled at him and took the chocolates and roses from him. "They beautiful. Thank you Alex." I said as he gave me a smile. "Beautiful roses for a beautiful girl." He said as he gave me a wink. My cheeks turned a dark shade of red as I rolled my eyes. "So cliche Ox." I said as he laughed. "I'm trying to be romantic!" He exclaimed as I shook my head and laughed at him.

I place the roses in a vase I had and put the chocolates down and follow him outside. I lock the door as I walk towards his car. "Are you excited to go bowling?" He asked as I nodded. "I haven't been bowling in ages." I said as he nodded along. "Me too. I'm always so busy and whenever I'm free, I kinda just sleep " he said as I nodded. "I also sleep whenever I'm free. Need to catch up on that beauty rest." I said as he chuckled.

He opened the passenger door for me as I gave him a smile. "Such a gentleman." I said as he gave me a cheeky grin. "Anything for you malady." He said as I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Treating me as if I'm part of the royal family." I said as he closed the door and ran to his side. He opened the door and gave me a smile. "Well, you're a princess so I best treat you like one " he said as he gave me a wink.

"Oh my!" I exclaim as I laugh. He laughs along as he started the car. "You just know exactly what to say." I said as he nodded. "I'm always a step ahead." He said as he gave me a smile and focused on the road. "How was training?" I asked, starting the conversation. "Very tiring but I gotta get the work done." He said as I nodded. The conversation ran smoothly as we arrived.

We ran in like little kids so we could get there as soon as possible, giggling like teenage girls. As he paid, much to my disappointment as I wanted to pay, the lady at the counter couldn't help looking at the scar. I didn't blame her, it was there and hard to miss. She gave me a sympathetic smile as I gave her a small smile. I hated when people treated me with sympathy. It was just a scar. Yes, the way I got it wasn't pretty but I'm alive and I can see. That's all that matters.

We walked to our lane and started our competition. We made a bet in the car that whoever wins, gets to choose where we eat. I was terrible for the first few throws as Alex laughed at me. "You're rude." I joked as he put his arm around me. "My bad, love. Can I help you?" He asked as I nodded and gave him a smile. He stood behind me as he grabbed my right hand which had the bowling ball.

"So, you have to watch how you throw. You tend to throw with a curve, hence why it keeps going into the gutter. Try throwing straighter, like this." His breath was hot against my ear as he told me this. I shudder at the feeling as I smile. He throws the ball and I get a strike. "Yay! Thank you." I said as I give him a hug. "I'm telling you, because you showed me, you're gonna lose now." I said as I pushed him lightly. "Sure." He said as he grabbed a ball for his turn.

Sure as hell, I won. "You cheated." He said as I rolled my eyes as we walked to a pizza restaurant. "Keep telling yourself that." I said as I knocked into him softly. He smiled down at me as I looked up at him. I could see how he was looking at my scar intently. I looked away, embarrassed as we arrived at the restaurant. We sat down in the corner and ordered our food.

"Y/N, can I ask you a question?" He asked as I smiled at him. "You just did." I said as he lightly kicked my foot. "You're very cheeky missy." He said as I laughed and look at him. "Go ahead." I said as he nodded. He looked nervous to ask whatever he needed to ask so I assumed it had to do with the scar. "I see you have a scar. What happened? It looks really bad ass." He said as I smiled at his comment.

"Glad you think that." I said as he smiled at me. "Well, the way I got it wasn't fun." I said as I looked down. "If you don't mind, could you tell me? I understand if it's a touchy subject." He said as he grabbed my hand across the table and gave it a squeeze. I smiled at him as I took a deep breath in. "My previous relationship wasn't great. My ex was quite abusive. I mean, it came out of nowhere. One day he was fine, the next he was a completely different person." I said as I shifted in my seat.

"One day, I came home late because of work but he assumed the worst and accused me of cheating on him. The more I told him I didn't, the more he got enraged. Next thing I knew was he had a knife in his hand." I continued as I could see the guilt wash over Alex's eyes. It wasn't his fault but people always get this look when I tell them what happened.

"I backed away from him but he lunged at me and next thing, I felt loads of blood dripping down my face. I was confused, the adrenaline and fear blocking the pain. He stared at me as if he had just seen a ghost, turning as pale as one. He ran out the door as I ran to the mirror. That when I saw this." I said as I pointed to my face.

"I went to the hospital and got stitches. The doctor said I was very lucky as the knife just missed my eye. I then filed an attempted murder on him and luckily won and now he's behind bars, rightfully so." I said as he nodded. "I'm so sorry Y/N." he said as I shook my head. "It wasn't your fault and plus, I'm alive and well. That's all that maters." I said as he gave me a smile.

The rest of the night went smoothly. Not a hint of uncertainty from Alex as we spoke absolute nonsense. The drive home was just as fun as the ride to the bowling ally. Alex walked me to my front door as I faced him. "Thank you for tonight." I said as he smiled down at me. "Only a pleasure love. I had a lot of fun." He said as I looked down. He lifted my chin up with his index finger as he looked into my eyes.

"You're very beautiful Y/N." he said as I felt my cheeks and ears heat up. He leaned towards me as our lips connected.

*****

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed. Remember to vote for the chapter if you enjoyed and leave requests as request are OPEN. Stay safe everyone xx