Harry Maguire

marry
/ˈmari/
verb
join in marriage.

Y/N - your name

I arrive at my friend Hannah's wedding venue as I set up all my equipment to paint their first dance. I place the easel in a corner and place the large canvas on it. I get all my colors ready that I will be painting with and grab my paintbrush collection.

I look up to see Hannah's maid of honor waving me to follow her. She was wearing a gown, in attempts to hide her dress from the guests that were starting to arrive. "Hey Tracy!" I said as I gave her a hug. "Hey Y/N, Hannah is calling you." She said as I nodded and followed her.

We arrive at the house they were getting ready in and I give all of Hanna's brides maids a big hug until I see Hanna. She was wearing a puffy white dress that had a glittery top with some plain white heels. She had her vail on and I smile at her. "Hey Han." I said as she gave me a big hug. "You look stunning!" She said as I smiled at her.

I looked down at my blue dress that hugged my curved figure with my favorite pair of white heels which matched my white clutch. "You ready for your big day?" I questioned as she nodded her head. "I'm just so happy to finally marry Marcus and have one of my closest friends painting our first dance." She said as I smiled brightly at her.

She wanted me to be her maid of honor however her mother didn't like me much so it is even a shock that I'm at the wedding. She knew I was an artist also so she asked me nicely to paint her first dance. I was nervous because I have never done anything like this before however I did some practice and it's not as difficult as you would think it is. "I will pay you okay." Hannah said as I shook my head. "It's apart of my wedding present okay." I said as she rolled her eyes at me.

"I'll go and let you lot get ready. I'll see you guys in a few." I said as I waved goodbye to all the ladies. While walking to the reception and chapel, where they will be getting married, I saw the boys standing outside, playing football. I laughed loving how they really can't live without football. I looked at all of the boys there which were mainly the Manchester United team members. I saw Harry standing there in a light grey suite and some black shoes which matched his belt.

I couldn't help stare in awe as I admire how good he looked in that grey suite. I always had a small crush on him but I couldn't afford a relationship at this point in time. I'm often traveling, showing off my art work in galleries in many different cities. In a weeks time, I would be off to Paris. I tried dating before but it would just end because I didn't spend enough time with them.

My career also meant the world to me and I wouldn't let a boy try and steer me away from it. Harry sees me and waves at me. His smile wide as the rest of the boys join in. I wave back and I walk in and sit in my spot. The wedding was sweet. Marcus shed a tear but it was understandable seeing how Hannah looked. Soon enough, after the pictures and congratulations, it was time for their first dance.

I got all the colors ready as I started with the base of the picture. It was just some blue and black as I painted the colours of the reception. Soon they were dancing and I started painting. I chose one pose they did as Marcus dipped Hannah down and chose that as the main focal point of the painting. Once they finished, I was still busy but everyone expected that. Many came and admired the painting as I was close to completing it.

Once I was done, everyone ushered Marcus and Hanna to come and look at the painting. "Oh my god." Hannah said as she covered her mouth. The painting had them in the middle whilst Marcus was dipping Hanna down with the lights on them and the guests in the background. "Wow Y/N." Marcus said as they both came and hugged me. I quickly put the painting on display so people can admire it and I went and sat down at the bar and have a drink.

I sat down at the bar and ordered a cocktail. I look at the dance floor and see Marcus and Hannah dancing with many different guests. I smile, excited for the day I would be saying I do to someone. I felt a presence sit next to me as I was handed my cocktail. "Your painting was stunning." I heard Harry saw as I look to the left of me. "Thank you." I said as I couldn't help but blush at his complement. "No like seriously, you have an amazing and unique gift." He said as I nodded, thanking him once again.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked as I looked at him. He had a small smile on his face and hopeful eyes. I smiled as I nodded, "I'd love too." He offered me his hand and I gladly took it. A slow song was playing as he put his hands on my waist as I put mine around his neck. I struggled to because of his height however my high heels helped me reach him easier. "Shorty" he said as I slapped his shoulder. We chuckled as we enjoyed each other's company.

"So when are you off to Paris?" He asked as I looked at him and smiled. He was always so interested in my career and I appreciated that with all my heart. "Next weekend." I said as he nodded. "Well, I'm on holiday now because the season has ended..." he trailed as I looked at him questionably. "Listen Y/N, I really like you. I've liked you for awhile but I know how much your career means to you but I genuinely can't hold this in anymore." He said as I looked down, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"I like you too you know." I said as he gave me a big smile. "Wanna go to Paris together?" He asked as I smiled at him. "I'd love too." I said as he did a little happy dance. Everyone looked at him weirdly as we just laughed. He looked at me and his eyes danced from my eyes to my lips. He started leaning in as I did automatically and our lips met.

It was a sweet, short kiss however it held passion in it. I pulled away as he looked down at me. I looked down as my cheeks, once again, turned red. "Your name should be tomato you know." He said as I rolled my eyes at him. "Shut up stone face." I said as he looked at me as his mouth opened. "Wow, you really know how to shut a person up." He said as we both laughed.

*****

Hi guys! Wow it's been awhile. I've been super busy as assessments have started again however I try and update whenever I can. I am also starting to write a new book however I want to get a few chapters done so that the book can have a continuous flow. Thanks so much for the support. Don't forget to leave a request and vote for a chapter if you enjoyed. Stay safe everyone!