Dele Alli

hate
/heɪt/
verb
feel intense dislike for.

Y/N - your name

I let out a defeated sigh as I read the comments under my post over and over again. Reading random letters that form into hateful words, hateful sentences. Looking back at the bikini picture I posted, I second guess myself. Should I maybe delete it? At least if I delete it, no one can talk bad about me. Pointing out my stretch marks, the flab on my stomach, the slight rough hair around my bikini area that I didn't shave that day.

However, the one comment that stood out the most was the top comment that had over 500 likes and funny enough, it wasn't directly pointing out my flaws, instead my deepest insecurity:

Butterflygirl.23_stars
Why the hell is Dele even with you? Sorry to say this but I mean he is a footballer after all. Shouldn't he be going for a 10/10 and not a -100/10? It's not that you're ugly, its just youre not good enough for a footballer #sorrynotsorry x
572 likes

I close my phone and stare up at the ceiling and then look over at the sleeping Dele next to me, softly snoring and a little bit of drool dropping off the side of his mouth. He really does deserve someone else, doesn't he? I mean, the girl wasn't wrong. He is indeed a football star and could literally get whoever the hell me wants, so then why do he choose me? I am no where near the standards of a model. I think that if I had to go to a modeling agency that would laugh in my face and tell me I dream too big.

I decide to go to bed, ultimately failing as I toss and turn, surprisingly not waking up Dele. After eventually falling asleep, I wake up only a few hours later. The smell of bacon filled my nostrils as I smile. I get up slowly, stopping in front of the mirror, looking at my body, tracing over the stretch marks, and grabbing my flab, the normal daily routine.

I walk downstairs to be greeted by a dancing Dele, making me chuckle. "Oh, good morning my beautiful girlfriend." Dele shouts making me chuckle, "Morning hun." I say as I walk to him and press a kiss to his cheek. "Want some bacon on toast?" He questions as he looks down at me. As I am about to answer a simple yes as I would normally do, I stop as the comment on my Instagram post comes racing through my mind, going as fast as a F1 car. "Ahh, no." I say as he frowns down at me.

"Did someone steal my girlfriend? You never say no to bacon." He says as he places his cooking utensils down and looks at me. His stare is... confusing. Its a stare of disappointment, confusion and also concern all mashed into one.. "I just... I just don't feel like it." I say kinda harshly as I walk to the pantry and grab some oats. Dele sighs as he dishes himself some food. As I eat my oats, Dele stares at me, a questioning stare written all over his face. He eventually grabs his phone and sighs after being on his phone for a few minutes.

"Hun, tell me what's going on." He says randomly as I look up at him, mouth full of oats. "Nothing." I say once swallowing, looking away from his soft stare. "Babe, just tell me." He says as he grabs my hand and presses a kiss to it. "It's really nothing." I say as I smile at him, a very fake smile of course. "So it's not the comments under your post?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. I swear, this boy can read minds.

I'm silent as I stare at him and then look away, feeling my cheeks heat up. "Baby, I've told you plenty times before not to read these stupid comments. It means nothing because its just stupid teenagers who think they stand a chance with a footballer and then become totally obsessed. Baby, there's nothing wrong with you. I'm telling you, they are jealous. There's nothing to stress yourself over." He says as I scoff, "Babe, I cant just not look at the comments. Don't you understand how these comments make me feel?" I question before standing up, "I'm gonna go do some studying. Please don't bother me." I say harshly before making my way to the study room before starting the new section on understanding children's psychology.

-

After god knows how long, I eventually stop when I cant stand the pain of my growling stomach. I was starving, on purpose of course. That comment really hit deep as I look at the clock seeing 5pm. I get up and make my way to the kitchen until I see a bunch of comments under my post. Just great. I click into them before seeing how they were replying to a single comment. The person was Dele. I read what he says, "Listen guys, I don't find it fair that you're judging my girlfriend for me. You guys don't know my taste. You guys don't know who I do and don't like, so don't comment under my girlfriends post thinking you know everything and making her life a living hell. I am so in love with Y/N and you guys are making our relationship difficult to the point that I cant even show how much I love her because she's so god damn insecure because of you lot. Please, get out of my personal life. If you lot have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all before I report you. Thank you for understanding."

I wipe a tear that has fallen down my cheek as I make my way to the kitchen, seeing Dele cooking my favorite meal, Alfredo (Duuuuuuuude I could kill for some alfredo rn). He turns around and starts to speak, "Hey my girl. I am so sor-" But I cut him off by attacking him with a big hug, almost choking him, "Thank you so much for sticking up for me. I love you so much." I say as he grabs me tighter, pressing kisses to my hair, "Anything for you, my girl. You mean so much to me and I hate seeing how much of an impact those girls have on you. I will always stick up for you because I love you." He says as I look up at him. I smash my lips onto his, kissing him deeply, thanking him for sticking up for me and bringing me confidence I never thought I would ever have.

*****

Ey yo, I am hella tipsy writing this (long weekend y'all!) so I am very sorry if there are any spelling mistakes. I am just having a good time. I hope you guys enjoyed tho! Love you all tons xx