Ryan Seggeson

reading
/ˈriːdɪŋ/
noun
the action or skill of reading.

Y/N - your name

Another request! Thank you xx

I gasp as I read what has happened to Hassan in the book Kite Runner which I'm currently reading on my cozy couch in this shitty weather of England. I shake my head as I read what Amir does to Hassan, not stepping in even though he is witnessing his friends rape. "Absolute bastard." I mutter to myself and turn the page, continuing this dreadful chapter.

I sigh, becoming emotional as the writer describes in detail how Hassan looks after the rape and how blood is dripping fro, his brown pants. I feel tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I wipe them away and sigh, "Why must I get so attached to my books? This is such bullshit. I don't even wanna read this shit anymore. I can't believe Amir." I vent to no one except myself, or so I think.

Ryan is stood by the front door, watching me have my little rant with myself. He was at training, leaving me here all alone in this weather. All I wanted to do was cuddle but he had training duties and I didn't wanna hold him back. I tell myself I'm gonna stop but I end up starting chapter 8, which just angers me even more.

"You know Amir, you had so many chances to tell someone about Hassan's rape but you won't say anything you little-" "Umm... babe I'm home." Ryan says with a chuckle. I stop reading and look up at my boyfriend who is smiling down at me. "Hey baby! I didn't even hear you." I say as I put a book mark on the page I'm reading and stand up and engulf my boyfriend in a tight hug.

I can feel his skin is warm, clearly from the heater in the car, making me want to snuggle up to him even more. "What book are you reading?" He questions as he pulls away and places a kiss on my forehead. "It's called the Kite Runner." I say as I show him the cover of the book. "Ahh nice. What is it about?" He questions. I look at him and sigh, "Well, this dickhead Amir-" "Never mind. I'll read it myself." He says with a chuckle making my eyes roll.

"I still love how you get so into books. I personally don't get it." Ryan says as he plops himself on the couch, in my spot may I add. "You clearly just haven't read a good book." I say and sit besides him, leaning my head on his shoulder. He grab the remote and switches the TV on. "But I mean, every book that you've read, you've gotten so into it. And like you finish it so fast. That one book was 300 pages and you finished it in 2 days." He says as he changes the channel to some sport.

"That book was so good. You need to read it." I say as I think about how good that book was and how it captivated me. "Nah I'm good. I'll just keep playing football." He says with a smile. I chuckle at my lazy boyfriend and grab my book. "I thought you didn't want to read 'this shit' anymore." He says, quoting me. "Wow, how long were you standing there before I noticed you were home?" I question as he wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer into him.

"A good few minutes. I was just enjoying your little rant." He says making me roll my eyes. "It's a really good book I will admit it's just when characters do stupid shit, I get mad. What Amir does isn't right and it makes me sad." I say as I open the page and start reading from where I left off.

I become captivated with the book and finish chapter after chapter for what feels like minutes. I muffle out any sounds as I'm so engrossed in my book that even Ryan can't get me out of my trance if you'd call it that. "Babe." He says but he gets no reaction from me. "Uhh, babe?" He asks again but once again, no answer.

"Here we go again. Babe!" He shouts, snapping me out of the start of chapter 14. "What?" I ask, angry because of the fright he gave me. "Are you even listening?" He questions as I blush, "No sorry. What's up?" I ask as I put my book mark in and close my book. "I asked what you want for dinner." He says with a slight chuckle. "I don't mind actually. Surprise me." I say with a smile.

"Can I be your dinner?" He questions cheekily which earns him a smack to his chest, "Ryan you bugger!" I shout which causes him to laugh out loud. "You said surprise you so I did." He says as he pulls me so I'm straddling him. I'm about to testify but his lips reach mine before I can say anything. The kiss is sweet yet still hungry. I pull away and sigh, "If I say no, you're gonna sulk aren't you?" I question which he nods too.

I hum and stand up, extending my hand, "Come before I change my mind." I say. He springs up and grabs my hand basically carrying me to our bedroom, "I love you." He says as he places me on our bed. "I love you too." I say and he places his lips on mine once again.

*****

If y'all haven't read the Kite Runner, please do. It's a really good book. I've kinda spoiled it but there's more too it. I had to read it for school but it ended up being one of my favorite set works. I hope y'all enjoyed! Stay safe lovies xx