Virgil Van Dijk

At first sight
phrase of sight on first seeing or meeting someone.

Y/N - your name

I shook with nerves as I was sitting in the changing room. I bounced my left leg as the rest of the girls were doing whatever they needed to do as their "pre-match ritual". Our striker, Lindy was praying. Our attacking midfielder, Isabella was doing jumping jacks (our whole team really doesn't know why she does that). This is the common for the LFC women's team before every single match. We are always nervous before every single game however this game was even worse. Liverpool women's vs Manchester United women's team.

This was a huge game for all of us plainly based on the history as well as it was a game against my best friend Rachel and we made a bet that whoever loses pays for drinks that weekend since a break was coming up for the women's football league. I shook with nerves again as I stood up. "Okay girls. We got this okay!" I screamed as they all jumped up and screamed along with me. We all hugged each other as our coach walked in. "Okay girls let's go!" She screamed as we all walked outside and got into a line.

I stood in front as I put the captains armband on my left arm and I jumped up and down. "Ahh Y/N. Good luck out there bestie." My best friend and Uniteds captain Rachel. We gave each other a hug as I jumped up and down to let all my nerves out. I straightened my shirt out as my fellow team mate patted my back. "Good luck number 4" she said as I nodded. I was always known as the number 4 or the captain for some reason.

Soon enough we were walking onto the field. I touched the field as we walked out into the pitch. As we stood in the line to greet each other, I looked to my right as I saw the Liverpool men's team sitting by the subs bench. This was a huge deal since I am a huge fan of them. My biggest inspiration from the team would have to be Virgil. I too am a defender so watching him play inspires me to do better and better. I saw him looking at me and I got all shy and I shook my head and kept my game face on.

Soon the game had started. After a tough 45 minutes, we ended 0-0 at half time. I walked into the changing room and sat down next to Lindy. I high fived her for all the chances she's created today. Soon our coach came in and gave us a pep talk. Soon enough, we were back on the field and the second half started. United had a good chance however I blocked the shot just in time as it went out for a corner. The corner was well defended as I ran up with the ball. I looked to my left as I saw Lindy making an amazing run. I passed the ball over their defender as it landed just in front of Lindy and she took a shot at the top left corner and it went in.

It was chaos around the stadium as I ran to her. We did our signature handshake as he hugged with the rest of our team mates. Soon there was only 90 minutes left and we had a corner. As Isabella took the corner, I dived and headed the ball and it went into the net. I jumped up and did a flip as my celebration to just have my team mates rugby tackle me to the ground. Soon the whistle blew as I jumped up and down along with my team mates. I walked over to Rachel as we hugged, "Well played Y/S." she said in between breaths. I smiled, "You too!" I walked back to the change rooms as we got ready and showered.

After our shower, our coach spoke to us about the game and what we can work on and told us to be at training at 9am tomorrow for a recovery session. I smiled as I stood up and hugged Lindy. "That was an amazing game!" She screamed as we smiled at each other. As we walked out of the changing rooms, I bumped into a huge figure. "I'm so sorry." I said as I looked up and was face to face with Virgil. I didn't know how to act as he gave me a million dollar smile. "Not an issue. Amazing goal out there." He said as he looked at me. I looked down as I turned a deep shade of red. I whispered a soft thanks as Lindy smiled down at me, "imma leave, by Captain." She said as she walked away.

"I see you're a defender and a number four. Exact same as me. Trying to copy?" Virgil joked as I rolled my eyes and let out a soft laugh. "Sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night." I said as I started walking away. He followed as we walked out into the car park where my Audi R8 was parked. "Woah, nice car." He said as I laughed. "Didn't think you'd like such a car." I said as he admired the orange colour. "I'm not really, I'm just trying to get your number to be fair." He said as he gave a nervous and awkward laugh.

I stood for awhile thinking 1) was this real and 2) am I ready to be with a much older guy and a guy with kids. I'm 24 whilst he's 28 and he has 2 kids last time I saw. I wasn't ready to look after kids especially kids that weren't mine. I just wanted to bloom in my football career and only focus on men later on however Virgil is such a nicer person and super handsome. How could I say no. "Sure thing." I said as I gave him the sweetest smile I could.

He handed me his phone whilst I handed him mine. I added my number and gave his phone back. "Thanks Captain." He said with a smirk. "Oh so now I'm Captain instead of Y/N?" I questioned as he laughed. "Yeah. I think it's cute that that's your name in the team and also I can't think of a name to call you." He said as I chuckled. "Cutie? No that's cringe. Hottie? Nah, fuck boy vibes." He said as I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Goodnight Virgil. Message me when and where." I said as I gave him a warm smile. "Goodnight Y/N." he said as he opened the door for me and closed it once I was inside. He gave me a wave as he walked to his car.

"What the fuck just happened?"
*****

I hope you enjoyed! Remember to leave a comment if you have any ideas or specific requests! Lots of love