Phil Foden

cougar
/ˈkuːɡə/
noun
an older woman seeking a sexual relationship with a younger man.

Y/N - your name

I sigh as I call the bartender over. "One strawberry daiquiri please?" I asked as he nodded and smiled at me. I look around as I wait for my tinder date. I looked down at my phone to see that he was 10 minutes late. I mean, that's not bad. Maybe he is just stuck in traffic. The bartender brought my drink as I thanked him and took a big gulp.

10 minutes turned into 20 minutes which turned into 30 and then an hour. My optimism got the best of me as I kept telling myself he will show up. After waiting so long, the bartender, whose name is James by the way, started a conversation with me. He soon realized that I was stood up and I guess decided to make me feel less lonely by stating a conversation with me. "So who are you meant to meet tonight?" He asked as I sighed.

"Clearly Casper." I joked as he gave me a small smile. "Sorry love, I have to go. I hope he shows up." James said as he saw someone calling him over. I smiled at him and said goodbye as I waited and waited. I eventually gave up and decided that I was going to enjoy this night on my own.

At 31 years old, most of my friends have settled down and have had a kid or two. Me on the other hand, could barely keep a man for more than a month. I didn't know if there was something wrong with me or the men I choose but I just kinda got used to it. I was meant to meet a guy names Harry tonight but Harry turned into Casper.

I sigh as a young man sits next to me. I look at him and smile as he smiles at me. He was possibly in his early twenties with dark black hair and a stunning smile. I couldn't help but think he was attractive but what's so attractive about a 30 year old women? He wouldn't dare date me.

"You meeting someone?" He asked out of nowhere as I nodded. "Well, it's been awhile so probably not anymore." I said as I shook my head, more disappointed in myself for thinking that tonight would be any different from any other date that I've been on. "I'm sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better, I was dumped about 20 minutes ago." He said as I looked at him wide eyed.

As I looked at him more intensely, I could see the white of his eyes were red, obviously from crying, and his smile was thin. "I'm sorry to hear that. Did she just break up with you or..." I trailed off as he chuckled. "The bitch cheated on me with my fellow team mate." He said in utter disbelief. I shook my head, "Well she clearly wasn't the girl for you. Just think, you dodged a bullet." I said as he looked at me weirdly.

"How did I dodge a bullet? We had a kid together." He said as I gave him a small smile. "Well, now you know you're not marrying a cheater and a liar. She didn't care about you. If she did, she wouldn't have cheated. By finding out now, you've dodged getting a divorce and seeing your child suffer." I said as he looked at me.

"You're right." He said as I rolled my eyes. "Of course I am." I joked as he chuckled lightly. "I'm guessing this has happened to you?" He asked as I shook my head no. "Mate, I can barely keep a man for a month let alone have a kid." I said as he laughed, clearly enjoying my honestly. "Well I have to say, you're a very wise woman." He said a I smiled at him and felt my cheeks heat up. "Thanks love." I said as he gave me a wink.

"I'm Phil by the way." He said as he extended his hand. "Y/N." I said as I shook his hand. He smiled as he ordered a drink and ordered me another as I had finished mine as he got there. "So Y/N, what do you do for a living?" He asked as he took a sip of his beer. "Well, I am a pet groomer and yourself?" I asked as his eyes lit up. "What a job! You get to pet dogs the whole day!" He said as I laughed. "That is a massive perk of the job not gonna lie but when you have a difficult dog you're grooming, you kinda second guess your choices." I said as he laughed.

"Well, I'm a footballer for Manchester City." He said as I nodded. I wasn't a massive football fan and even if I was, City would be my rival as I was from Liverpool and those two teams have this title winning battle nonsense that I'm not even sure about. "That's really nice." I said as he smiled. "I can hear you're from Liverpool, do you watch?" He asked as I shook my head no. "I prefer rugby." I said as he smiled which made me smile back at him.

A song started playing as he started dancing. "This is my favorite song. Care to dance?" He asked as I shook my head. "I have two left feet." I said as he scoffed. "Trust me, I don't think anyone in this pub is gonna judge you." He said as I sighed and got up. His smile was twice the size and we started dancing. It was fun and hilarious as many other people joined us. He looked at me as he kissed my cheek. "You're very beautiful Y/N." he said as I blushed. "You're not bad yourself Phil." I said as he winked at me.

The song finished as we continued talking until the crack of dawn. We had to go home eventually as the pub needed to close. He walked with me to my apartment as I didn't bring my car in case I had any alcohol. We stopped outside my door as he smiled at me. "Tonight was fun." I said as he nodded in agreement. "Again sometime?" He asked as I nodded with a massive smile planted on my face.

I was about to say my goodbye until his lips landed on mine. I was shocked at first but couldn't help kiss him back. Many questions ran through my mind but I pushed them aside as he deepened the kiss. His hands moved all over my body and gave my bum a squeeze which caused a small moan to come out of my mouth. I opened my door quickly as he pushed me inside and close the door. His lips landed on mine seconds later as one thing led to another. My new title after this night was "Cougar".

*****

Hi guys! This was a very, very random imagine but I thought it was unique as I haven't read something like this before. I hope you enjoyed! I just want to say a massive thank you for 4K reads. It's amazing how much love and support I'm getting and I can't thank you guys enough. It's only a bright future from here onwards. Thanks so much guys❤️ Remember to vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it and send any requests as request ARE OPEN. Stay safe everyone!