Kostas Tsimikas

monster
/ˈmɒnstə/
noun
a large, ugly, and frightening imaginary creature.

A scream wakes me and my husband, Kostas, in a panic. We both jump out of bed and run to our 4 year old girls room to see her bed side table light on and her knees up to her chest as she rocks back and forth. "Oh honey." I say as I walk towards her. I sit on her bed and open my arms. She wraps her small arms around my waist as she cries into my chest.

"I'm so scared mommy." She says as Kostas smiles sympathetically at our daughter. "What's scaring you, hun?" Kostas asks as he sits on the edge of her bed. "The monster under my bed." She says as myself and Kostas smile at each other. "I promise hun, there's no monster under your bed." I say as I run my fingers through her long black hair. "But there is! I can hear it move when it is quiet." She says as she jumps apart, away from me.

"Must I check for you?" I offer as she nods her head quickly, "But be careful mommy." She says causing me to smile. "I'm always careful, hun." I say as I pat her back. "Its your father who's never careful." I say as I wink at Kostas, referring to him not bringing protection, leading to the birth of our little girl. "Keep quiet you." Kostas says as he points a finger at me. I chuckle as I go down on my knees and take a look under the bed.

I really didn't expect there to be anything, as kids are always scared of things under their beds or in their closets because that's what you see in movies. I mean, just look at Monsters Inc. We watched that just the other night so I expected that this new fear of hers was because of the film. However, what I didn't expect was to see something long and slender moving just in front of my eyes.

I jump away and let out a blood curdling scream. "Snake!" I screech as Isa, our baby girl, screams with me as she jumped into Kostas arms. Snakes were not something I liked so when I say I was out of that room, I was beyond gone from that room. I run downstairs and call my best friend, Peter, who worked with wild animals and removed wild animals from homes.

"Y/N, its 2am. It better be a snake or something in your house." He says, "Funny story, there is a snake in my house." I say as he laughs, "I'm on my way." he says. And with that, myself, Kostas and Isa wait patiently as we watch Peter remove the long snake from her bed and put it in his car in a special cage. "Thanks so much." I say to Peter as he smiles at us, "Only a pleasure. Also, don't worry. That was a male snake so don't worry about any eggs or anything around the house. If you do see anything, just call me, even if it isn't a snakes egg." He says as he smiles down at Isa, "Thank you for saving me from the monster." She says as she hugs onto Kostas's leg as Peter chuckles, "Of course. Now go sleep you three." He says before getting in the car and going back to his home.

"Sorry we didn't believe you, hun." I say as we place her back in bed. "Its fine. I like proving you guys wrong." She says earning a laugh from Kostas, "I raised this girl so well." He says earning a smack from me. "Goodnight hun." I say as I press a kiss to her forehead. Kostas follows as she waves us goodbye. We both head to our bedroom and get comfortable in bed, cuddling in each others arms as he plays with my hair. "I love you." He says before pressing a kiss to my forehead, "I love you too." I say as I caress his cheek.

"Mommy? Daddy? Can I please sleep with you guys? I'm scared." We hear our daughter. "Of course you can." Kostas says as he opens the covers for her. She joins us in our bed, laying in between us as we wrap our arms around her. Kostas wraps his arms around both of us, making sure that we are both safe. "Goodnight mommy and Daddy. I love you guys oh so much." She says making us chuckle, "We love you too." Myself and Kostas say at the same time. With that, the three of us drift off to sleep, sleeping peacefully protected in Kostas' arms.

*****

He's really a whole ass Greek god. Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed. Stay safe xx