Dean Henderson

mistake
/mɪˈsteɪk/
noun
an act or judgement that is misguided or wrong.

Y/N - your name

I was asked for a Dean one so y'all get a Dean one. Enjoy!

2020, what a year filled with such bullshit. First the WW3 scares, then the pandemic, what next? Because of the pandemic, everyone has been forced to wear masks. They weren't as bad as Karen's made it seem in America. Yeah sure they were sometimes difficult to breath in, especially when it was a warm summers day, but in the end they protected us from a virus that clearly had a major impact on the U.K.

I put on my sparky black mask that matches my black coat as it was raining, not much of a surprise in England of course. I grab my shopping list and double check that this was all I needed. "Oh and of course cat treats for this cutie." I say as I tickle my cats forehead who was seated on my kitchen counter. She purrs, making me smile. "See you latter, Grumpy." I say to my cat as he meows.

I grab my bag and make my way out of my apartment. I place my mask on my face as I take a 10 minute walk to the shops. The wind blows, making me shiver but I preferred walking rather than trying to find parking. I enter the shops, putting hand sanitizer on and make my way to the trolley (shopping cart) section and grab one of the lager trolleys. I take a walk to the back of the shops so I could work my way up to where the tills were.

I grab all different things that I needed, especially girl products as that item of the month was approaching. Yippee! Please note the sarcasm. I grab myself a deodorant until I see someone from the corner of my eye. My eyes go wide as I stare at my old high school friend, Harry. We were the best of mates in high school but lost touch as his studies took preference and rightly so.

I couldn't really see if it was him because of the mask but the hair looked vary similar. Man, he got really tall didn't he? I push my trolley to the side so people don't knock into it and make my way towards Harry. "Oh my god, it's been forever hasn't it?" I question him as he looks at me with a frown. "Sorry?" He questions making me roll my eyes.

"Don't pretend you don't know me! How have you been? How is varsity going?" I ask the young man but he shakes his head. "I'm sorry miss, I don't know you." He says which makes me scoff. I pull my mask down so he can fully see me, "It's me, Y/N you banana. Wow, has it really been that long since we've seen each other?" I question but he just shakes his head. "I'm really sorry but I don't know you, Y/N." he says making me frown.

"Harry how could you not? We were best mates in high school." I say to him somewhat disappointed that he didn't remember me. He pulls his mask down showing that it was actually Dean Henderson, Manchester United's third choice keeper. "I'm sorry miss but my name is Dean." He says with a small smile. I feel my cheeks heat up making me shake my head and look down at my feet, "I-I am so so so sorry. These masks I um..." I stutter as I shake my head, feeling more than just embarrassed.

"Not a problem. I did that the other day thinking it was my mum." He says making me laugh. His smile is wide even under the mask. "Glad I'm not the only person." I say scratching the back of my neck. "No these masks are terrible. I can't even recognize my own mother. Now that is embarrassing." He says with a slight chuckle. "Well, best I should get going. Have a lovely evening Dean." I say as I wave the tall man goodbye. "You too beautiful." He says making me blush under my mask.

I walk to my trolley and mentally kill myself. "You idiot." I say out loud to myself but one of the ladies working there shoots me a glare. "Not you. Sorry!" I say making her laugh. "I'm not having a good day am I?" I question to myself as I push my trolley further down the isles and work my way through my grocery shopping. Eventually once I get to the vegetable and fruit section, I'm greeted by a beautiful laugh. "Stop following me! I'm not Harry I promise!" Dean shouts at me in a joking way.

"Oh shut up! It was a mistake." I say which makes him laugh. "You're never gonna live that down." He says with a smirk. "Yeah, yeah. You can't blame me alright." I say to which he nods. "Do you watch football?" He questions as I nod my head whilst grabbing some lettuce. "Who do you support?" He questions making me giggle. "Man City." I say making him gag. "No taste." He says making me roll my eyes, "At least we win our games." I say with a shrug.

"Ouch! That's a burn." He says making me chuckle. I push my cart to the till and wait in the line. "Wait, what are you doing after shopping?" He asks behind me. I turn around and smile at him, "Now who is the one following me?" I question with a smirk. "Nothing and yourself?" I answer his question making him smile. "Wanna go for coffee? The little cafe around the corner is sooo good." He says making me smile.

"I'd love too. I just need to drop my groceries off at home." I say as I point to my ice cream, "Don't want this baby to melt even though the weather is freezing." I say making him chuckle. "Did you walk here?" He asks as I nod. "Let me drop you off and then we can go for coffee. Deal?" He asks whilst lifting his right eyebrow. "Alright, deal." I say as I smile at him through my mask.

*****

I'm only writing this cause I've done this in public. We love a clown. I hope y'all enjoyed! Stay safe lovies xx