David Brooks

horrible
/ˈhɒrɪb(ə)l/
adjective
causing or likely to cause horror; shocking.

This was requested! Thank you for requesting beauty!

Y/N - your name

"What do you think about the blue off the shoulder shirt with black high waisted jeans?" I ask my best friend Hanna. "I don't know Y/N. You're going on a date with David Brooks to a really nice restaurant. Maybe try a dress." She says as I nod as walk to my closet and grab my favorite white dress with floral patters on it.

"Is this alright?" I ask as I walk back into my room. She nods with a massive smile on her face. "I love it. Now go put it on so I can start on your makeup. I don't need you being late for this date after I set it up." She says as I nod but roll my eyes. "I've never been late to a date." "Umm what about Shawn?" She asks as she lifts up her right eyebrow. "Once." I hiss as I take off my pajamas and put the dress on.

"Now, imma do a natural look if that's alright?" She asks as I nod and sit opposite her on my bed. "Is David nice?" I ask as she nods. They are close mates but with his football career, he has never had the chance to meet me. "He is really sweet and super kind. I think you two will fit perfectly, like baked beans on toast." She says as I roll my eyes but smile at her comment.

"I searched him last night. He is very cute." I say as she nods and puts blush on my cheeks. "I had a massive crush on him when we went to the same school but he sister zoned me and ever since that day, I've only ever saw him as a brother." She says as I nod and smile.

"And done! You look so pretty friend." She says as I blush at her comment. "Thank you. Do you think he'll like me?" I ask, letting my insecurities take over me. "Yeah! You're stunning Y/N! Like I say, I wouldn't have organized this date if I knew you two wouldn't work." She says as I nod, feeling more at ease.

-

I was stood outside a cute restaurant that had fairy lights outside. I walk inside and smile at the receptionist. "Good evening ma'am. Do you have a reservation?" An older man with bushy grey eyebrows and a black suite asks as I nod, "Good evening. Yes I do under the name Brooks." I say as he checks the list and nods, "Right this way ma'am." He says as he leads me to the back of the restaurant.

I look at the table to see no one seated there. "Are you eating alone miss?" The man asks as I shake my head no. "No, the guy I'm going on a date with is just late." I say as he nods and smiles down at me. "Can I get you something to drink whilst you wait?" He asks as I nod, "Just a water please." I say as he smiles down at me and walks away. I twiddle my thumbs as I look around the restaurant. Maybe David is here and this man has taken me to the wrong table. I tell myself but can't find him anywhere as I slump into my seat.

-

I look down at my phone for the thousandth time this evening to see that David was an hour and a half late. "Hi Y/N. How much longer will Mr Brooks be?" The old man, who's name I now know is Jerry, asks as I shrug, "He was meant to be here an hour and a half ago." I say as he gives me a sympathetic smile. "Do you want to order? I'm sure you're dying of starvation." He says as I shake my head. "I'll just have the bill. I think imma leave." I say as he nods and gives me a sad smile and walks away.

I grab my phone and press on Hanna's contact. The phone rings twice before she picks up, "Hey Y/N. How's the date?" She asks as I sigh. "He's not here." "What?!" "I've been sitting here for an hour and a half. I'm just gonna go home. I've already asked for the bill." "No! I'll give him a call." "I don't want to speak to him. I don't think you understand how embarrassed I am. I'm just gonna go down to McDonalds and get something small to eat there and then I'll come over to your house." I say as Jerry brings my bill and places it on the table. I give him a warm smile as he walks away.

"I'm so sorry Y/N." "Hanna, it's not your fault. Clearly we weren't meant to be." I say as I hear her sigh. "I'll see you soon." She says as I say a small goodbye to her. I quickly pay the bill and look at Jerry who has come to collect my payment. "How was your night Y/N?" He asks as I chuckle. "Well, it was pretty horrible." "Besides what happened with your date?" He asks with a smile as I laugh, "It was great. Thank you for making my night at least a little bit better." I say as he stands up and smiles at me, "Of course Miss. Have a great night further." He says as I nod and walk out the restaurant.

I take a quick walk to McDonald's as I walk in and order a happy meal, to make me happy of course. I sit down and eat my food in peace until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to be faced with a sweaty David Brooks. It look every thing in me to not roll my eyes at his presence. "Hi love. Are you Y/N?" He asks as I turn my attention away from him. "Yup." I say, popping the "p".

"Y/N, I'm so sorry about being late." He says as he sits opposite me. I see he has his own happy meal with him. "Being late is an understatement." I say as he sighs. "I basically ditched you... I know and I'm so sorry. Training went on way to long. I promise I didn't purposely ditch you. If I did, I wouldn't have sprinted here and ordered a happy meal." He says as he motion to the meal that was in front of him. I stifle a laugh as I stare at him. He looked guilty as his hair was still wet from the shower he must have had at home.

"It's okay. I understand. The fact that you came here makes me believe you." I say as he breathes a sigh of relief. "Thanks love. I wasn't gone ruin this opportunity of talking to such a pretty lady." He says as I feel my cheeks and ears heat up. "How did you know I was here?" I asks as he smiles at me, "Hanna called me and told me that you were here. She was mad." He says as I laugh, "Hanna mad is someone you should avoid." I say as we both laugh. "So, tell me about yourself beautiful." He says as he takes a bite of his chicken nuggets.

*****

Hey guys! I really hope this is the right David Brooks. Imagine how embarrassing that would be😂 I hope you enjoyed! Remember to vote if you enjoyed this chapter! Requests are open so don't be shy! Thank you all for the support and the reads. We are so close to 10k and I'm shook. Love you all xx