James Justin

injury
/ˈɪn(d)ʒ(ə)ri/
noun
an instance of being injured.

Y/N - your name
Y/S - your surname

I grab my wrist in pain as I roll on the field. I was playing a football match but one of the rival players purposely tripped me and I fell awkwardly on my left wrist. I looked up as the ref showed her the red card as she shouted and swore at the ref. "You're done Y/S!" She screamed at me as she walked off the pitch, swearing at my coach in the process.

The physiotherapists ran towards me as I couldn't help cry in pain. "Let me have a look." Ryan, the physiotherapist, said as he grabbed my wrist lightly. As soon as he touched my wrist, I cried in agony. "Please stop!" I screamed as my fellow team mates watched in horror. I look to the bench and saw my coach sitting with her head in her hands. "I'm almost certain it's broken Y/N." Ryan said as I sighed in disbelief.

"Fuck." I whispered as I winced in pain once he let go of my wrist. Ryan helped me stand up as we walked off the pitch. I look in the crowd to see James looking at me with concerned eyes. I saw him stand up and rush past all the fans and walked down the stairs, probably on his way to the medical room. I saw my coach make a sub as she waved at me and gave me a thumbs up.

"Okay so you're gonna sit in the medical room whilst we get the ambulance ready, then we taking you to the hospital to get an X-ray." Ryan said as I nodded and sat down on the bed. Within minutes, James opened the door and looked at me with big eyes. "Oh babe." He said as he walked towards me and held me in his arms as I sobbed. "My career." I said as he kept shushing me. "It's a broken wrist. You'll be playing in a few matches I promise." He sad but I didn't listen and continued to cry my eyes out.

Myself and James have been dating since we were both 19 years old. It was actually pretty stupid how we met as we met each other at a party and he threw up on me. I was so angry until I saw how he was drugged rather than drank too much. I looked after him that night and I guess it bloomed an inseparable relationship. He still, to this day, apologizes for throwing up on me.

"Hi Miss Y/N. Please come with us, we gonna take you to the hospital." I lady dressed in all black crumbs said as I nodded and stood up. "I'll meet you at the hospital." James said as I nodded. He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and a small smile as he walked out of the room.

The drive wasn't long since we were very close to the hospital and within minutes, the doctor was examining my wrist. "I'm sorry Miss Y/S but you have definitely broken your wrist. It's a clean fracture so it's a simple fix and you'll just have to wear a cast for a month or two and you'll be using your wrist in no time." The doctor, names Rabin, said as I nodded and sighed.

"Will I still be able to play sports?" I asked as he write something on a piece of paper. "Well what sport do you play?" He said as he signed something on the paper. "Football." I said as he gave me a smile. "Of course however it's up to your coach. Once you have the cast on and you allow the swelling to go down and you're not on medication anymore there's definitely no issue with you playing football." He said as I smiled. "Thanks Doc." I said as he gave me a slight nod and a small smile.

"Alright so I'm gonna get you in surgery so we can put you back together and when you wake up, you'll basically be ready to go home." He said as nodded. He left the room as James walked in. "Broken?" He asked as I nodded. "Damn. At lest you'll be playing soon." He said as I nodded with a smile on my face. "Hi sir. Miss Y/S will have to go into surgery now. She'll be out in no time." A nurse said as he nodded and gave me a quick kiss. "Love you." He said as I smiled at him. "Love you too." 

I was sat in the car as James drive us home. "How you feeling?" He asked as I giggled. "As high as a kite." I said as he laughed. "Are you hungry?" He asked as I shook my head, "No. I just want to sleep." I said as he nodded. The rest of the drive was silent as I was on the verge of falling asleep but soon we were home. James rushed to my side and opened the door for me, "You're so kind love but I'm not fully broken." I said as I chuckled softly. "Ha ha, you're so funny." He said as I giggled.

We walked into the house as we walked up the stairs together. I started changing my shirt however struggled getting the shirt over my head. "Come here you." James said as he pulled the shirt Ives my head. "You know, I might be as high as a kite and not really with it but I'm down if you're down." I said as I winked at him. "Just go to sleep." He said as he threw my pajama shirt at me. "You're rude you know!" I screamed however he was already down the stairs getting me my medicating.

I was able to get the shirt on and sat down in bed. I turned on the TV as James walked into the room. He was holding a glass of water with about 5 tablets in his hand. "Here you go love." He said as e handed me my medication. I thank him and took the medication. Whilst I did that, he lay down besides me and got under the covers. "Ready to cuddle?" He asked as I nodded. I lay down on his chest as he wraps his arms around me.

"Thanks for helping me today." I said as he scoffed. "Anything for my girl." He said as I looked at him. He leaned in and kissed my lips as I smiled. "See you tomorrow Snoop Dogg." He Sadi as I laughed softly as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

*****

Hi guys! It's been a minute since I've last posted and I'm super sorry for that however school has been hectic. I hope you enjoyed. I don't know really what happens when you break a bone so I'm sorry if the surgery part is inaccurate however I think it fits the story very well. Stay safe everyone and remember to leave a request!