Blue Hour (Jinkook #31)

Commissioned by: fuckyeah9297

Tags: divorced Jinkook, Road trips, Angst, Misunderstandings, Getting back together

Summary: "It was because I thought, Jungkook, it was because I thought of leaving you that I never wanted to leave you."

(or, divorced Jinkook go on a long drive for Yoonmin's wedding and discover what went wrong between them)

Words:5430

Dew's note: Inspired by "Blue Hour" by TXT.

~

"There has to be another way."

Jungkook halted in his steps at the voice, eyes finding the source in the small crowd that stood in front of the hotel. Jimin was looking at the man with an expression of apology and guilt, eyes turning in his direction when Yoongi came up behind him. The person next to Jimin also turned and Jungkook held his breath at seeing that face after two years.

"Yoongi, Jungkook", Jimin greeted with a soft voice, eyes looking at the fourth person with hesitant, "Seokjin hyung's flight was delayed."

He wasn't sure what to feel when the honey brows eyes did not even look at him, going across his form to smile at Yoongi instead. It's like Jungkook did not exist for Seokjin.

Maybe he didn't because it was so easy for him to breathe and talk to Yoongi, because it was so easy for him to look back at Jimin and pick their conversation back up. Jungkook was the lovesick fool again who couldn't find his voice until Yoongi patted at his shoulder and even then he could not stop looking at Seokjin.

"Jimin I will go alone, it's no big deal."

"How can you say it's no big deal when you recently-", Jimin cut himself off suddenly, the same hesitant look in his eyes, "just... please share a car with Jungkook, I cannot send you off alone."

Seokjin's eyes flicked at him for a split second, a time that was enough for Jungkook to see the fear in them, before they were back on Jimin, "I can squeeze in with any of you."

"We have to follow pandemic rules", Jungkook slowly caught on to what the conversation was about, voice soft as he tried to speak through his emotions, "I'm the only one who was going to drive alone so it's better if you come with me."

"Don't let hyung drive", Yoongi's words earned him a sharp look from Seokjin, "his old back can't handle it anymore."

It was supposed to be a joke, a long running banter between the two best friends. But Jungkook noticed that Yoongi's eyes did not held any amusement, that Jimin's laugh was strained and forced. It was supposed to be a joke but it sounded like a warning in disguise.

"I'm sorry, hyung", Seokjin smiled at Jimin's sad eyes and patted his head (Jungkook frowned when his husban— when his ex-husband did not ruffle Jimin's hair like he usually would).

"Don't look so miserable, silly. It's your wedding tonight, you are supposed to be only grins and soft giggles", and Seokjin pinched those cheeks, his smile bright but Jungkook could tell he was putting effort into it, "look miserable when you realise you are stuck with that midget for life."

"I will spill wine on you, hyung."

And that was the end of conversation, end of whatever Jungkook had missed. He watched as the two families slowly grouped themselves into cars until it was just the two of them left. Him and the man that looked untouched by time, who looked as beautiful as the day Jungkook had met him five years ago.

The man that was now opening the driver's door.

"No", Jungkook could hear the sharp intake of breath as he placed his hand on top of Seokjin's, stopping the man from pulling the handle, "I'm going to drive."