Hundred and One (Yoonjin #2)

Commissioned by: anon

Tags: Death, Resurrection, Assassin Yoongi, HEAVY ANGST, LGBT+ themes (because it's Pride Month!), Feels, Bittersweet ending (NOT a Yoonjin ending, but an open ending)

Summary: The crown prince was buried near his home, Yoongi watching from afar. His tears fell with the raindrops as the skies cried for his lover, a stormy weather which reminded of when he had killed Seokjin.

Words: 4759

Dew's Note: This one is for Surjo! Happy birthday!

~

No matter how blindly the lights were, Yoongi could still make out the pink flush on Seokjin's cheeks from the three shots he had taken till now. The man was grinning wild as he danced under the flashing ball, feet uncoordinated but still managing to hold himself up.

"Sorry", Seokjin slurred when he bumped into someone, smiling wide and cute enough to be forgiven instantly. It made Yoongi smile too, seeing how low tolerance the man had for alcohol in every single lifetime he had lived.

It was a constant, just like Seokjin's unique laughter and attraction to strawberries and love for cute things, it was something that Yoongi had seen through the centuries and still couldn't help his fond smile.

That smile quickly flattered as someone, larger and bulkier and angry, gripped Seokjin's upper arm and pulled him away from the dance floor. Yoongi straightened at once and walked towards the two from the other side of the club.

"It's not what you think!" he could hear the rasp and sobs in Seokjin's voice and Yoongi felt his steps hasten, body almost colliding with the door as he rushed to open it. Two men turned to look at him, one wearing an expression of anger and violence while other was struggling not to cry as he wore a purpling bruise on his cheek.

"What's happening here?"

"None of your business", a soft yelp reached his ear and Yoongi looked down at Seokjin's dainty wrist, twisting and swollen and red under the clenching fingers, "We're going."

He reached out without a conscious thought, held onto Seokjin's arm with the desperation of centuries that Yoongi held in his heart. He looked in the almond eyes, got lost in their tears and pain and shock before his ear rang and Yoongi found himself on the ground groaning in pain.

"Is he another one of your lovers?" Seokjin wasn't given a chance to answer as he was yanked away, his pleads falling onto deaf ears. Yoongi panted in pain and blinked away the haziness in his vision, trying to get on his feet but failing. He looked at Seokjin helplessly, could read only a mumbled sorry spoken through bleeding lips before the two disappeared in the night.

The next day Yoongi woke up to the news of a high school kid choked to death by his drunk boyfriend.

He left the small town that evening, hoping that he wouldn't be late in finding the next Seokjin.

~

Things were different this decade and Yoongi, despite how detached he was to his surroundings, felt proud of what this generation had done. He felt proud of Seokjin who sat on the seat across of him, who giggled over the phone as the bus took them away from the city.

Yoongi wouldn't say he was early in finding Seokjin but he wasn't late as well, catching the glimpse of the almond eyes in the colorful parade was a coincidence he would forever be grateful for.

"I'll call you later", Yoongi had to physically stop staring at the boy like a creep, had to control his limbs from not jumping out of seat after Seokjin got up for his stop. He stayed calm and patient, only glaring at those who looked at Seokjin with disgust in his eyes.