Year 6 - Christmas Break

"This is hopeless!" Draco gritted his teeth and threw down what seemed to be the hundredth unless book down on the table. "I was hoping for more progress by now with everyone gone."

"Relax we just need to find a few spells."

"A few CERTAIN spells. Granger this will go a lot quicker if we just looked in the restricted section."

"You're right but we don't have a pass and with everyone gone you know Madam Prince will know that someone entered the restricted section without permission. We'll be caught."

"I just wish we could just ask a teacher for a pass..." Draco slammed his head on the table.

Hermione looked at him, "that's actually..." Hermione quickly stood up.

"And where are you going?" Draco scowled at her.

"Getting passes to the restricted section. I'll be back within an hour! Continue looking!" Hermione turned around quickly leaving. Draco frowned picking up another book in the large pile turning to the page of contents.

"I hate this..."

Hermione knew she had to time this perfectly as she entered Slughorns office knowing it would be empty for the next twenty minutes. Quickly she went into the ingredients closet and grabbed a whole bunch of certain ingredients and quickly put it on one of the tables with a cauldron. With wandless magic, while in the closet, she started making parts of the potion. While in the closet she pulled out small chocolate pieces that she asked a house-elf to give her and filled it with some of the love potions that Slugghorn kept in stock. She added more to the chocolates to make the love potion more advance and hard to detect and each one different from the other. 

Hermione then walked to the desk with the potion slowly making itself with her commands and placed the chocolates on a cloth next to the cauldron, placing a charm on the chocolates to make sure they didn't melt. Finally, she started working on the potion she was making. It was about five minutes when she decided to not place the last two ingredients in the cauldron and waited with one of the ingredients in hand.

She waited until she heard footsteps. She raised her hand as if she was about to put the roots in the potion when the door opened. She knew it was time to act. So she turned around quickly looking down guiltily. 

"MY GOODNESS MS. GRANGER! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Slughorn shouted more shocked than angry.

"I'm-I'm so sorry Professor..."

"Dear girl it's Christmas break what on earth are you doing here making a potion at that?" Slughorn confused walked over to where she was.

She looked down and scratched her neck. "You see Professor...people keep trying to give love potions to Harry and well he decided to try to find a quick cure for all love potions instead of having to find the antidote for the certain strain of love potions. Well, Harry's on break now and he can't really do this himself at the moment so he sent me some of the chocolates he got from different people. I found a potion that I could make easily that with a drop of it on something can tell the contents of each potion or whatever it's used on really. It's all fascinating, honestly Professor I'm sorry for using your classroom without permission, but I was planning on replacing everything with my own money later."

"That Harry Potter! Of course, all those girls certain would be smitten for him...I don't blame them he's brilliant!" Slughorn smiled while Hermione resisted the urge to roll her eyes or speak out against that.

"Of course sir..."

"Well, let's see it how far are you on it?"

"Just the last two ingredients," Hermione smiled and dropped them in sturring it where it was now a light blue color. Slughorn walked over and peered into the cauldron.