Year 4 - The Champions

The next week was going by quickly. Hermione was more focused on classes than anything, even with the excitement of who is going to be chosen for the Tournament. The worst part of the week was when she got angry at Moody for "helping" them learn how to throw off the Imperius Curse. The first day of that training was making your mind prepared for what was going to happen in your mind. The second day was practice. Harry, of course, was singled out by Moody to do it first. Harry was unsuccessful the first time it was cast on him, but the second time after a few minutes he was able to throw it off. Moody was impressed that it only took two times for him.

Most of the other students the second day wasn't successful after the four times Moody tried on them. Hermione though wasn't about to let that man take control over her or her mind and quickly cast him out before he could even get a word out of what she should do. No, no one was ever going to get in her mind to control her. Moody was also impressed by this, but since it was this girl that wasn't his biggest fan he just ignored it no points lost or gained from her success, unlike Harry who won ten points. 

Harry for most of the week was with Ron, as Ron tried to get Harry to get the signature of Krum for him. Which Harry told him to do it himself. Ron reply on that was you are hanging out with Granger to much. 

One new thing that was happening to Hermione was Krum joining her for her library sessions. It was nice having someone study with her. He recommended books to read and she would recommend some back. They would read and discuss them after. Hermione did avoid the books in the restricted section after her chat with Slytherin, but like he said it was almost like an itch she needed to scratch, but for now, she would avoid and not acknowledge that itch. 

When it was finally time for the choosing ceremony the sprits in Hogwarts were high and not just because of the Tournament, but it was also Halloween. Fred and George, of course, terrorized the school, by scaring almost everyone they came across. 

The great hall was crowded and not everyone could be seated. Hermione was next to Daphne and some other Beauxbaton girl at the Slytherin table. She looked around and saw Harry and Ron late so they stood against the wall together.

Everyone watched as the large cup was brought in and placed where the teacher's table usually was. Instead, the teachers stood around it watching. Ludo Bagman and Bartemius Crouch, Sr. walked in and removed the drape over the cup revealing the blue fire once again.

"Welcome...welcome we are here today to choose the three champions for the Triwizard Tournament...." Ludo Bagman's speech seemed to go on forever and almost everyone just wanted him to stop talking and get on with it. So when he finally did stop talking there was small applause in the hall. Once Bagman took a step back Dumbledore stepped forward to the cup.

The fire in the cup shimmered a bright red and a paper flew out.  Dumbledore caught the small paper. 

"And the first campion is...Victor Krum from Durmstrang!" The applause was loud since he is a famous quidditch player after all. He glanced at Hermione and smirked. He walked up to Dumbledore and took his little piece of paper and walked through the back door in the hall that leads to the trophy room where the champions were to wait.

The fire was red again and Dumbledore caught the second pretty paper, "The second campion is...Fleur Delacour from Beauxbations!" As expected the beautiful girl stood up happily and got her paper, while a lot of the other girls were crying at not being picked. Fleur bounced off into the back room with Krum.

"And lastly..." Dumbledore smiled and waited as the fire was red again, "Cedric Diggory!" The Hogwarts students were clapping and cheering, Slytherin, while disappointed it wasn't Marcus, was fine it was no Gryf. Once Cedric was out of sight the hall grew silent once more as Dumbledore started speaking, but was interrupted by the flames as it grew bright red once more.