Year 2 - Missing Diary and What Did You Say, Potter?

Hermione now had the habit of carrying around the diary everywhere.  It was like a drug where she needed to write in it, even during class time.  She would stuff it, in whatever book she was using during class time.  She understood that this was what was happening to Ginny, but it wasn't like she could help it.  It was calming talking to this memory of a person. 

Even now sitting in charms she was consumed into the diary, not even noticing Harry that came and sat next to her.

"Hey, Hermione?"

Hermoine woke from her trance and quickly shut the diary and shove it into one of her books in her bag.

"Woah, You okay there?"

"Yes...yes sorry.  I've been distracted lately." Hermione replied to Harry now focusing on him.

"I can tell you didn't even answer a single question in class.  Not once."

Hermione rubbed her head and looked down.  She didn't know she did that.

"Yeah...I'm fine. But hey Potter what are you doing here?" Hermione then questioned mostly because they didn't have charms together, so why was he in the classroom?

"Oh err...you see can I borrow your transfiguration book.  I lost mine and the class is starting soon.  I will rather be late to her class than not be prepared." Harry told her looked embarrassed.

"Well did you complete the homework?"

Harry rubbed his head, "Yeah that's the thing I have the homework, just the book is missing."

Hermoine sighed annoyed, "Fine I guess.  You're lucky Potter I already had transfiguration so give it back to me tomorrow." 

Harry grinned grabbed her bag and rumbled through it and pulled out her Transfiguration book.  He got up and sprinted out smiling while yelling thanks back to Hermione.

The rest of the day went without a hitch.  Soon she was back in her dorms ready for bed when she wanted to tell Tom about her day.  She reached into her bag and pulled out her books.  She grew worried, it was gone.

"Shit..." 

The next few days passed and Hermoine actually felt back to normal and realized the power the diary had over her.  Sure she knew Potter must have it, but she was thankful it was no longer with her.

Suddenly Harry and Ron were sprinting to her in the hallway.  Only stopping once they reached her, breathing heavily. "Granger you'll never guess..." Ron breathed out.

"Who has caused the petrification of the students..." Harry finished also breathing heavily.

"What?" Hermoine was lost.

"The person who's doing all the petrifying.  It was and maybe is Hagrid!" Ron almost shouted.

"And that's not the worst part THE MINISTRY they took Hagrid and Dumbledore to be questioned!"

Hermione blinked, "I don't think it was Hagrid, he to much of a Hufflepuff to do something like that."

"That's what we thought.  So we went to go visit him and he said to follow the spiders to know the truth!" Ron yelled.  "I really don't want to do that, but..."

"We have too... So far I only know that they lead to the forest." Harry states.

"Whoa count me out then.  I already had enough of that forest LAST year.  Plus if I stay here I can make sure you two idiots get back here in one piece.  If I feel that you're gone too long I'll get a professor."

The boys hesitated but agreed in the end.  More chance of survival that way.

Hermione's head was spinning before a thought appeared, "Harry you found all this information out by the diary correct?"

Harry confused nodded, "Yeah the diary was stolen from me yesterday.

Hermione ignored him thinking and muttered, "Spiders flee before it..." 

Hermoine turned on her heel and head off down the hall back to the library, "I expect to see you guys alive tonight once you get back!"

"Where is she going?" Ron looked at Harry while he shrugs in response. 

"No Bloody idea." Harry copies Ron's saying.

_____________________________________________

A.N. - I know shorter chapter, but the next one is most likely going to be a two-parter and will finish both parts cause I like flow-y ness???  I don't know but yeah this one was to fill in blanks before the NEXT CHAPTER which I'm having fun on.  I also know I didn't follow the books and movies, but changes happen!!!!  

ENJOY!