Year 7 - Goodbyes

Hermione woke with a startle as she heard a loud thump coming from a room nearby. She sat up and listened as she heard Harry groan in pain. 

"Oh, that's it," she mumbled to herself as she got up. Hermione picked up the paper she was reading last night before bed and threw it away. The front page still visible if you walk by, 'Rita Skeeters New Book Out Tell-All of Albus Dumbledore'.

Hermione quickly put on her clothes for the day and walked down to the dining room. There Sirius was sitting with breakfast waiting. "Your up Hermione. Good, it will be a long day today."

Hermione nodded, "with what's going down tonight we still have lots to do. I assume Harry isn't up yet?"

Sirius frowned, speaking in a whisper, "I'm letting him sleep in. I don't think he got a lot of sleep last night."

"Voldemort?"

"I believe so...I wish he would just block him out completely."

"You know Harry he wouldn't. He wants to try to help even if it means letting Voldemort in his head."

"Too much like his father in that regard."

Harry came into the room sitting down and grabbed his breakfast portion and got out a small, "hey."

Sirius smiled at him, "Please tell me you're somewhat packed for tonight."

"Can you tell me why we have to go to another safe house again?"

Sirius frowned again, "this is no longer considered a good safe house. Snape knows where it is and if the Malfoy's want they could easily enter this place since Narcissa is apart of the Black family. It's really only a matter of time before someone over there realizes that or maybe they won't, but we can't risk it."

Harry nodded begrudgingly agreed, "well I just have a bit more to pack..."

Sirius smirked, "well hurry up you two and get going on what you need to do."

Harry quickly finished his breakfast and ran off up the stairs. Hermione stayed behind.

"Sirius..."

Sirius quirked his eyebrow at her, "yes?"

"I finished packing yesterday and I just wanted to ask if I could go somewhere...and I know it's someplace you won't really like. But I promise I'll be okay and I've planned everything to where I'm sure it won't go wrong."

Sirius frowned, "And where is it that you want to go?"

"Diagon Alley..."

Sirius sighed, "I know I shouldn't. The rest of the Order would be extremely upset with me, but I also know you and I'm sure you will be fine. I can't stop you. You're of age and if you promise me to be back before the others get here then I'll agree."

"I promise."

Sirius nods, "I would recommending going soon if you want to return by that time. If you don't come back I will send all the Order members there to come to find you."

"Don't worry it won't come to that."

"Good, now go."

Hermione quickly walked back to her room changing into darker-colored clothes. She called, "Crookshanks! Agiel!" The snake and cat appeared in front of her. 

"I know this is going to be weird for you both, but I need you to get in this cage," Hermione said conjuring up a cage. The two animals didn't hesitate and just walked or slithered into it.

Hermione closed the door of it and raised her wand to her face changing not a lot of details just some. She now had straight black hair and light brown eyes that seemed to sparkle yellow now and then. It was just enough to not be recognizable.