Year 3 - Dementors Kiss and Hermione's Studious Secrete

"Please Cornelius wait until the children wake up before taking any action against the accused.  They are witnesses after all."

Hermione was waking up her head spinning a bit at the words that were said by Dumbledore.

"They are children Albus, how can they be reliable witnesses? Black is getting the Kiss as we speak no doubt about that," the Minister of Magic spoke to Dumbledore.

Hermione realizing the words jumped up, "What?! YOU CAN'T HE INNOCENT!"

The minister smirked a bit, "Now Ms. Granger how is a mass murder innocent?"

"Because Minister he didn't commit the crimes the world believes he did.  In fact, he did it," Hermione told him as she grabbed the jar that was on the stand next to the bed.  Showing him the rat that was moving around the jar quickly.

The minister looked shocked and just stared at the poor girl believing she lost her mind.

"This guy here is an unregistered Animagus, Peter Pettigrew. Don't believe me, minister, I think you know the spell to prove to yourself that I am right," Hermione sneered at the foolish man.

Fudge didn't respond just took the jar in his hand and told Dumbledore to see if it's true. Dumbledore sat the jar on the floor and loosened the lid and the rat tried running away.  Of course, Dumbledore was quicker and shot his spell at the rat and soon in the place of the rat was the disgusting man. 

Fudge let out a gasp as the man on the floor whimpered in fear.

"Well, Mr. Pettigrew now that everyone knows you'll alive I believe you might want to give us some answers?" Dumbledore smiled at the man as he held his wand up to him.

Peter whimpered more but stayed tight-lipped.

"I do believe Professor, minister that he may not want to speak at the moment, but there are ways to get the truth out of him. In of course a legal way. The auror's have permission to use a veritaserum potion in an interview if the person is unwilling to answer questions, so off to it and stop the dementors," Hermione nodded to the men.

"I'm sorry, but it's too late to stop the dementors it's already done, Ms. Granger."

She glared, "Then you're a fool. I wonder how the people will react when they find out that you sent an innocent man to that fate.  And not only is he an innocent man but Harry Potter's godfather.  I wonder if you'll be able to keep your position as Minister."

She turned quickly to walk out, but Dumbledore stopped her.

"Ms. Grange this is unfortunate. I wish there was a way to stop this.  If only I could take three turns back."

Hermione smirked at the headmaster, "Yes if only... good day Minister, Professor."

She left in a hurry and right outside stood Harry worried.

"Hermione they won't let me back in to explain what happened. They don't want to hear what I say.  Sirius could get the kiss..."

"Harry stop," Hermione put a hand on his arm to stop his panic. "I have a plan but you have to trust me."

She pulled out her necklace and put it around her and Harry's neck.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked as he tried to grab the necklace as Hermoine turned it three times. She slapped his hand away as the world became blurred and suddenly it stopped.

"W-what?"

"This is a time-turner.  I can go back for a few hours with it.  It's how I've been making all my classes this year. Now listen don't be seen, bad things happen to people who are seen. Now, where were we before the sun sat?" Hermione quickly ushered them away from Hogwarts and outside.