Year 3 - Owl Posts and Leaving Hogwarts

The last few weeks of school was going by quickly.  Everyone realizing the time crunch started studying last time for exams taking up a lot of the books Hermione wanted to read, much to her displeasure.

Hermione kept track of the Daily Prophet watching the events at the ministry to see if Fudge indeed get Pettigrew and cleared Black's name. She also kept her ears open in the common room and just around her fellow Slytherins since most had connections to the ministry and knows a lot that was happening there.

It was a week after they saved both Buckbeak and Sirius when on the Prophet it said 'PETER PETTIGREW ALIVE!' by Rita Skeeter.  To Hermione's disapproval, most of what was in the article was a lie, but in the end, it did say the real truth will be revealed as he's being questioned at the ministry.  What happened that tragic night that twelve muggles were killed.

Hermione scoffed at the written article that day, the lady seemed more interested in making the story interesting than true and it bothered her.  

Then it was the week of finals, the week before summer break, when two articles were released one by Rita Skeeter and one the official release from the ministry of magic. Both articles clearly told the story of Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew, one more dramatic than the other clearly, but both cleared Sirius's name.  The article even mentioned some of her and Harry's involvement.

After the article was out for three days, Sirius made an appearance at the ministry.  The Minister greeted Sirius and the whole ordeal was massive with the official apology.  Now with the wizarding world completely knowing that Black was innocent and the true madman was locked up in a special cell made for animagus.

When Harry saw the article and realized how much Hermione did to clear Black's name he walked up to her and hugged her.  Hermione honestly was shocked and ended up awkwardly patting him on the back as he kept repeating "Thank you..."

Then it was finally the day they were leaving for summer and Hermione quickly found an empty compartment. After settling in Harry and Ron found the compartment and joined her.

The conversation was light and happy until Harry brought up something.

"Sirius he asked me to live with him...and I really want to living with him, too."

"Good Potter, do it," Hermione replied.

"It's just that I don't think Dumbledore approves of me moving I talked to him yesterday and it seemed like he doesn't want me to go..."

"Who cares what that old coot says.  It's your life Potter, do what you think you should do and let no one stand in your way," Hermione put down her book showing what she said she meant.

"Besides it's not like I'll be alone with him either Lupin is also going to be there until Sirius is back in a more stable mindset and healthier."

"Lupin is going to be there shouldn't he be like at the school or something?" Ron questioned confused.

"Professors do have lives outside of Hogwarts Ronald," Hermione glared. 

"Oh, you haven't heard.  Lupin resigned.  There were a lot of complaints about a werewolf teaching at Hogwarts.  They think it's too dangerous and wanted him fired, but before that happened he resigned." Harry explained in a sad voice. 

"Shame he was one of the best teachers we had," Ron said as he stuffed his face with another candy Harry bought. Hermione scowled at him and looked out the window of the train.

To her shock, she saw an owl trying it's best to keep up with the train. She quickly opened up the window letting the little owl fly in.  The tiny owl then held up it's led to Harry.

"Well, I think it's for you," Hermione starred at the little owl.  Harry plucked it from his leg and opened it.

"It's from Sirius." Harry read the letter silently for a few minutes.

"Well, what does it say?" Ron questioned moving his candy around in his hand.

"Basically if I want to live with him he can pick me up at the Dursley's once I get everything, just have to send an owl to him and to confirm that Buckbeak is safe and happy in the wild where he belongs.  And it was in fact him that sent the Firebolt..."

"I TOLD YOU!" Hermione shouted and Ron glared at her to shut up as Harry continued.

"If I live with him, he will be my legal guardian and will sign my Hogsmeade permissions slip...and oh Ron since your a pet short he said you can have the owl." Harry finished waving his hand at Ron to take the small owl.

"REALLY?! I can have this owl," Ron said and picked up the tiny owl as it hooted at him and snuggled into his hold. Ron smiled at the owl.

"Hey maybe sometime this summer everyone could get together you know," Ron said and Hermione looked down thinking he wasn't talking about her. "I heard my dad got A LOT of tickets to the huge quidditch final between Ireland and Bulgaria maybe you guys can come!"

Hermione looked up at that, "Even me?"

"Well, I think Ginny would like some female company so yeah!" 

Hermione looked at Harry and he smiled a bit knowing that she would certainly like to go, even just to get away from her home.

"Well...Ron...we'll see..." Hermione smiled a little and looked out the window thinking that maybe this summer will be better and maybe a better year next year, too.