Year 5 - Another Summer Wishing

'Four weeks left...only four...' Hermione thought as she sat at the dining room table with Jean and Henery Granger. It was a very early supper since Jean decided to skip lunch and just have a large supper. Anyone looking inside the house would see a family eating a wonderful supper together, in reality, the air was thick with silence and resentment.

Hermione ate while looking out the window trying to ease the nerves, but the silence was too thick and uncomfortable. Not finishing her plate all the way, Hermione got up picking up her plate and put it in the sink. 

Looking out the window she spoke, "I'm going out for a bit." They didn't say a word or try to stop her as she left the house. Closing the door behind her, leaving that atmosphere was a welcomed feeling. She sighed and left going across the street into the large park. It was empty since the day was ending and the air was humid with no breeze. She walked until she got to the swing set and sat down onto one of the swings, she swayed as she was locked into her brain and memories and being in this exact spot brought back many.

--------

"Ally...you know you shouldn't say that to that girl. Bad things happened to Jase when he was making fun of her at school. Saying that to her is bad!" a small girl with black hair was speaking to the girl with blonde hair. 

"So What! She's weird and I'm going to tell her that. No one wants her near them and I just tell her when she got to close to me. What can she do?" the blonde girl said smartly to the Black haired girl.

"Ally...Jason ended up with a broken leg. It was weird...she wasn't near him and he just flew off the top of the slide."

"Then it was his own stupid fault...Tay...I'm not scared of her and you shouldn't be either. If she gets near us again at the park we can push her in the lake. We just have to make sure our parents don't see us." Ally told the girl her plan and Taylor nodded now excited.

They then started going into details on the plan as they sat at their desk not realizing another small girl heard everything as she pretended to read her book.

--------

"I don't know if this is such a good idea anymore Ally..." Taylor whined itching the back of her hand. "We don't know how deep it is and...I don't want to get in trouble. Besides she doesn't seem to want to come near us..." Taylor was trying to keep the determined girl to stop her plan.

"Come on Tay. Don't be a loser. Someone has to show everyone she can't do a thing and that she's a freak. We will only be gone for a few minutes...no one will notice there's a lot of people here today. We just have to lure her to the lake..." Ally was thinking of a way to find an excuse to get the target to come with them.

"How...about we just tell her we found something really cool and we just want to show her..."

"That's good Tay! Come on let's go!" Ally grabbed the other girls hand and pulled her to a lone girl that was sitting on the swing set.

Waving her arm high Ally spoke, "Hey Hermione! How are you?"

Not removing her blank expression she looked up and the two girls, "I'm good...what do you want?"

Ignoring the bluntness of Hermione's questioned she continued, "Oh Hermione we found something WONDERFUL and you just HAVE to see it!" Ally looked happy and was jumping on her feet.

Hermione threw her hair looked at the jumping girl and questioned, "What is it?..."

"OH...I CAN'T JUST TELL YOU! I JUST HAVE TO SHOW YOU COME ON!" Ally said and started dragging a now more reluctant Taylor. Hermione got up and followed behind the two girls as they ran towards the lake. None of the adults saw them slip away to busy talking among themselves.