Year 4 - Abroad at Hogwarts and Tournament

The Great Hall was a welcomed sight for Hermione as she looked up at the enchanted ceiling.  It was the night sky with clouds creeping up almost covering the moon.  She waved goodbye to Harry, Ron, and Ginny and walked over to her house table.  She looked at the returning students and smirked when she saw the ones she wanted to see. She walked over and stopped before the girl who stiffened.

"Hello, Daphne. I see you have an empty seat next to you.  I hope you have enough room for me," Hermione smirked as the girl turned.

Pansy's face grew red with anger, "MUD..."

"Of course we don't mind! Please sit," Daphne cut Pansy off and smiled fearfully.  Hermione's smirk widened and quickly sat down next to her.  The boys on the other side of the table also said nothing.

"You know I had the most interesting summer.  Especially with my small trip to the quidditch world cup.  You know I was never a fan of quidditch, but you know the after-party was the most interesting.  Even with the people who were targeting a certain type of people. Yet here I still stand or sit more appropriately. And with everything I saw, I'm just curious now who was behind the mask...I do have a few hunches." Hermione smirked while eating some bread as the faces around them seem to go a little white. 

"But then again I suppose I don't really care.  After all, I just want to make sure I'm the top of our class." Hermione finished and looked down smiling lightly. "Now Daphne anything going on with you anything that I would want to know about?"

"Err...just that..."

Dumbledore stood up cutting Daphne off and Hermione turned to look at the headmaster. "Hello, new and old students. Welcome to and back to Hogwarts now I have a few announcements for this upcoming year. First and foremost the Forbidden Forest is or course still is forbidden. We also have a new defense teacher and for one of the bigger announcements, quidditch this year is canceled instead..."

After Dumbledore finished saying the quidditch was canceled this year the room was in an uproar with most quidditch fans and players stood up yelled on top of their lungs that it was stupid, Fred and George being the loudest.

Dumbledore waited until everyone calmed down then started explaining again, "As I was going to say instead of quidditch we as a school are hosting the Twi-wizard Tournament!" The students were up in whispers at that and the thought of quidditch being canceling was lost.

"We are competing again two other schools where from each school one person will be chosen to represent their school. Now put our hands together as we welcome Beauxbatons School!"

Hermione turned and watched as many girls ran in, in blue short silk robes that seemed to flow with every movement they did.  She also noticed that many of the guys in the school were transfixed upon the girls.  As soon as every one of the girls filed in walked in a very large woman as big as Hagrid. Hermoine watched as Dumbledore kissed her hand and saw Hagrid at the table eyes focused on the large woman. She smiled a little at the sight of Hagrid obviously interested in the woman.

"Next let us Welcome Durmstrang Institute!" The already open door enter men that looked almost harsh and cold as they stomped in.  Behind them was their headmaster who Hermione has seen in newspapers that were really in the past of him a death eater. Her eyes narrowed at the man who hugged Dumbledore.

"Welcome friends! Now join whatever table you would like.  Durmstrang quickly joined their table while the French ladies joined the Ravenclaw. Before anything could be said more the Great Hall sky began to storm.  Before Dumbledore could react another man entered and pointed his wand at the ceiling making it stop, the man walked up to Dumbledore and nodded before sitting down.

"Madeye Moody..."The whispers were out and the hall was silent. Dumbledore stood up and explained more of the tournament and said that you had to be seventeen to enter which cause another small uproar mostly by the Weasley twins, but soon everything was back to normal with people talking and laughing.

Hermione watched as Madeye Moody when he thought no one was looking take something out of his pocket and drink it hiding it quickly after, too.

"Hmmm..." Hermione smirked while taking a small drink of water.  The other students around her looked at her, "To think I thought this year would be boring!" She laughed and continued to eat. 

'Let's see how this all plays out' The thought and took another bit waiting till this school year actually starts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- whoooooooooo another chapter of boredom but this year of this story is just starting for a great internal struggle!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!