Year 2 - Taking Potions, Malfoy, and Diary talk

It was almost time for dinner at Hogwarts and everyone was in the Great Hall, everyone except one person.  Two people in the Great Hall sat looking at everyone hoping the plan was running smoothly.

In the depths of the dungeon, Hermione Granger was under the cloak that Potter gave her.  She opened the potions classroom door quickly going in and shutting it behind her. 

Sighing in relief she slowly walked to the potions cabinet and grabbed four vials.  She read then quickly smirking to herself and stuffed them into her pocket.  She quickly walked back out of the classroom and up the stairs stuffing the cloak into her bag.

'That was easy.  Not at all like how I thought it was going to be.  Then again this is not a book.' She thought as she ran into other students leaving the feast.  In the corridor, Harry and Ron ran up to her.

"Did you get it?" Ron questioned and Hermione glared at him.

"Of course I did or I wouldn't be here would I."

"True..." Weasley looked at her.

"Do you have the muffins?" Hermione questioned them and Harry nodded handing two muffins to her.  Hermione quickly grabbed the muffins and poured two vials on the muffins.

"Are you sure this will work?" Harry questioned.

"Positive...Crabbe and Goyle think with their stomachs and they are not bright in the slightest.  So, yes...they will fall for it.  Now take this," Hermione hands the polyjuice potion to them and started walking off.

"Wait aren't you going to take some, too?"

"Why would I.  I'm already a Slytherin and I would have to be Pansy Parkinson.  Why would I put myself through that?  Good luck Potter, Weasley!"  Hermione turned around walking to the Great Hall to grab something before heading down into the dungeons. 

She was in the Great Hall for about thirty minutes enjoying the feast before she walks officially walked down to the dungeons.  Once there Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were sitting down.  Malfoy, of course, was doing most of the talking.  

Malfoy stopped and looked at her, "Granger...you wasn't at the feast!  I wonder if you were going around doing Potter and Weasley's bidding.  No...that's not right more like going with your younger "friends" like a child." 

"I wouldn't say much Malfoy.  Look at the people you associate with," Hermione glanced at Crabbe and Goyle.  "They have the brain cells of a toddler, at least mine have more brain cells than them combined together."  Hermione walked up to her dorm and Malfoy stomped his foot on the ground in anger.

"Whoever the heir of Slytherin is, I know Granger will, unfortunately, be safe.  There's no way a SLYTHERIN would be harmed."

"You don't want Granger dead?" Goyle asked.

"Of course not!  You do realize she is the reason why we are always on top of the house cup points.  She is right she has more brain cells than most of the other students.  She is scary really, but useful.  I don't understand why she would hang out with the likes of Potter and the Weasleys...she's better than them.  Then again it's not like she has allies in this house.  Maybe Ravenclaw would have been better for her?"  Malfoy looked up and saw Crabbe and Goyle panickily getting up to run out the door.  "HEY, WHERE ARE YOU TWO GOING?

They ignored him and kept running as Malfoy sat confused as to what just happened.  While in the girl's empty dorms Hermoine sat at her desk.  Malfoy annoyed her and was too awake to even try to sleep.  She wasn't in any mood to read either.  Annoyedly Hermoine sat at her desk bored and wanted to do something.  Her eyes were drawn to her trunk, Hermione didn't want to but she knew she had to find out more, for Ginny's sake.

Scruffling up her opened her truck and pulled out the diary of Tom Riddle.  She sat down and stared at it.  She slowly opened it to a random page the words, 'Hello again', were written to her.

Hermione sighed picking up her quill to begin writing, 'Hello, Tom Riddle. Considering our previous conversation I almost doubted that you would write back.

'Then you would be correct.  I almost didn't.'-T

'That would be smart.  I just want to know what this is and what you are.  You're a past figure and most likely dead.'-H

'Yes this form of me is dead.  Now, Ms. Granger, I must apologize for my rude behavior before.  I was a half-blood Slytherin back in my time and was treated unkindly until I gained respect.'-T

'I read that you were the head boy in your seventh year.  You would have to gain a lot of respect, must have taken quite some time considered your half-blood status.  I have a lot of rough spots with my housemates for being a mudblood.'-H

'Yes, a whole bunch of fools who think they are better because of blood.  I was the best because I was powerful, the others were fools for thinking they thought they were powerful because of blood.  You work for power, you don't automatically have it.'-T

'Then we can agree on something, I do believe that if you work to be better, you are better.  It's the reason why I'm the best in my year...no this school.'-H

Hermione didn't know why, but the more she wrote the more she opened up and told her secrets to it. They talked more and it soon went to their past.

'I was an orphan you know.  The orphanage burned down after I left Hogwarts.  It was horrible and Hogwarts was my home.' -T

'I also think Hogwarts is more my home than with my parents.  They have been scared of me since I first showed signs of magic.  Dad pretends I don't exist, while mom always looked lost around me.  Dad hates me, he started to ever since I was little and was outside in the garden, a little snake came up and I wanted to keep him as a pet.  The snake was a baby and it didn't have anywhere to go.  Dad killed it soon after he found me talking to it.  I got angry and the flowers he helped mom plant soon all died.  They withered right before his eyes.  Since then he prefers to not acknowledge my presence.  Mom, on the other hand, loves me, but there is always something there.  Fear or sadness, I'm not really sure, but she just looks haunted every time she thinks I'm not looking or paying attention.' -H

'It is a shame that muggles don't understand and quickly makes you an outcast once they know or think you're different.' -T

Hermione looked at the time and noticed that it was really late.  She closed the book, this time not wanting to part from it.  She stuffed it into her Transfiguration book and quickly ran to the bed hoping to get some sleep.

_____________________________________________________

A.N. - Wooo I updated took a small break from my project to write this, so enjoy I hope.