Year 1 - Quidditch

The school became a lot bearable for Hermione now.  When Harry wanted to do homework he would show up to the library and sit by her in silence.  It was nice.  Once they became comfortable after a while they actually started working together on the homework.  Overall Potter was nice and friendly to Hermione.  

She wasn't used to friendly people at all in her life so now, she considers Potter a friend.  Weasley didn't like when Harry hung around her, but every now and then when he told him he was going to see Hermione, he backed off and hung around Lavender, Seamus, or Neville. 

Over time now the two now could have casual conversations.  For Harry, it was nice talking to someone who also didn't know what they were until a letter (or person) showed up.  Now the two sit in the library talking as they worked on a potions essay.

"I'm really nervous..." Harry was looking down at his paper, not really seeing it at all as his mind was on other things.

"You shouldn't be nervous Potter, you're going to do just fine."

"It easy for you to say! You don't actually have to play Quidditch tomorrow.  A game that I just learned about a week ago!" He harshly argued back.

"I say you're going to do fine BECAUSE look at what you did with Malfoy and the brooms.  Your broom went up to your hand straight away, you flew perfectly right away, and caught a small object in a matter of seconds!  I couldn't even get the broom to my hand!" Hermione stated.

"What if I make a fool of myself?" Harry tried to complain again.  

Hermione just rolled her eyes at him, "You won't make a fool of yourself.  If you're not convinced I can just show you something. So, just follow me." She got up and started walking quickly away after she grabbed her stuff, Harry quickly got up and followed.

They arrived at the trophy room where Hermione led him through cases after cases before stopped at a glass case.  Inside was some old quidditch awards and one of the badges stated 'James Potter' and the rest was unclear through the glass.

Harry looked at it for a long time in awe.

"See I told you!  You won't make a fool of yourself.  It's in your blood. You're a Potter...so good at quidditch."

"Do you think you'll come to the game tomorrow?" Harry questioned her. "You don't have to but I would like my friends to be there you know..."

"Woo a Slytherin cheering for a Gryffindor.  Like they don't already give me crap for being around you.  Don't worry Potter I'll be there, only to rub it in their faces.  So you better win!"  Hermione stubbornly told him and Harry grinned almost wanting to hug her.

Seeing to look in his eyes, "Potter, don't go all mushy on me."

Harry grinned, "I won't promise."

Hermione smirked back at him. "Now how prepared are you for the game?"

---------------------------------------------------------

The next day arrived quickly to Hermione and to Harry it was too quick for his taste.  At breakfast, Hermione could tell Potter was nervous.  Weasley and the others were on all sides telling him tips.  Hermoine could tell he was overwhelmed.

Soon everyone arrived at the quidditch pitch and took their seats. Waiting for the game to begin.  Unfortunately for Hermoine, she was sitting near the Slytherins because when she tried to sit by the other houses the glares were a little too uncomfortable for her and they were all so high up in the air and she didn't want to take chances.

Sitting down she could see the Slytherin posey in front of her and jeering remarks at the Gryffindors, seemingly not noticing her.  The teams flew out and Harry took his place far above the pitch where he looked at his Gryffindor friends who were cheering him on.  He then saw Hermoine and waved she waved back slightly.

The game was going on forever Hermione thought as the score kept racking up. 'Where is that damn snitch?' she thought angrily as she grew bored.  At least she now knew she was not a quidditch fan.

Soon everyone's eyes fell on Harry who was taking a dive to the ground at the snitch.  Everyone's breath stopped as they watched, as soon as he was about to grab it his broom stopped.  Harry almost flew off of it.  Eyes grew curious as to why he stopped.  It was quick one second he was stopped, now he was flying everywhere, not in control of the broom.

Hermione knew something wasn't right, so she quickly conjured binoculars and looked through the crowd of people.  Only one person was chanting, Snape.  She didn't know why she did it, he was the head of her house!  But she also didn't want her only friend she got to die.  Thinking quickly again she disillusioned herself and walked to the teacher's stand and set Snape's robes on fire.  

She walked away and sat back down where she was supposed to be.  She looked again over at the teacher's sections.  Everyone was in shock and trying to put out the fire.  Snape knocked a few people over, but the fire was put out and Harry was back in control of his broom.

Harry flew back onto the course of the snitch neck n' neck with the Slytherin Seeker.  They were clear in a nose dive to the ground.  The Slytherin growing nervous backed off and Harry practically jumped off of his broom and landed on the ground.  

Gasps filled the air and everyone was watching Harry slowly get up and everyone thought he was going to be sick.  Instead, he spits up the snitch, which he now held in his hand up in the air.  

"GRYFFINDOR WINS!" Cheers went up, even Hermione smirked a little.  The Slytherins groaned in defeat and marched off sulking in defeat.

Hermione waited for the Gryffindors to back off before she walked up to Harry.

"Congrats Potter.  You actually caught the snitch." She smirked at him folding her arms.

"Thanks, Granger!" He grinned at her in happiness.

"Now, don't get too full of yourself.  You still haven't finished your potions essay."

"I won't. I won't." Harry sighed, but still grinned.

'Maybe, just maybe it wasn't so bad having a Gryffindor friend,' Hermione thought happily.

_______________________________________

A.N.- Sorry I didn't update yesterday got busy!  Stayed up really late just to post this.  HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

BTW Thanks for reading this story!