Year 2 - Books and Malfoys

The summer was dull and boring for Hermione.  She really wanted to be back at Hogwarts no matter how much she wasn't really liked there.  She felt that it would be better than what it was here at her house.  Her parents didn't really want or care to know about her experiences in her new world.  All Hermione wanted to do is get back and talk about everything.

It wasn't just her parents that made her somewhat upset, she tried to write Harry but every time she tried to get mail to him it would just be sent back, unopened.  Hermione knew something was wrong and it was slowly approaching the end of summer, so she begrudgingly wrote Weasley asking if he's been able to contact Harry.  She got a reply back to her surprise saying no, but luckily he and his brothers made a plan to "rescue' Potter.

Hermione was grateful that Weasley agreed to meet her in Diagon Alley with Harry since she really didn't get to write to him during the summer.  Sometimes Weasley wasn't so bad, annoying, but not bad.  Hermione was ticking down the days until she could go off to Diagon Alley.  To her amazement her parents, well her mother, told her she would go with her to Diagon Alley to get her supplies and greet her friends or friend.

When the day finally arrived the drive with her mother was long and silent.  Hermione noticed that her mother must have something on her mind since she was so quiet.  She really wanted to ask, but the look in her eyes made Hermione hesitate and refuse to ask.  They arrived at the inn and dinner and quickly went out back and pressed the stones McGonagall pressed last year.  Her mother looked on in shock at everything.

Hermione led her mother to the robe shop where she saw a red-haired family waiting and talking amongst themselves.  She slowly walked up to them and stopped where she saw Ron.

"Weasley"

"Granger," He replied back to her.  His family now looked at the girl who came up to them as she small talked with Ron.

"Where's Potter?" She questioned him.

"He said the wrong flew network name and now we're trying to find him," Ron explained to her in a hushed voice.

"Ronald Weasley! Are you going to introduce your friend?" His mother yelled.

"Err...Sorry.  This is Hermione Granger, Slytherin and Harry's friend.  I told her to meet here and shop with us."

Hermione walked up to the two adults, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.  It is a pleasure to meet you.  You probably heard of me the only muggleborn Slytherin."

"MUGGLEBORN!" Mr. Wealsey yelled excitedly and looked behind her noticing her lost mother.

"This is my mother Jean Granger," Hermione told them and they started talking about the muggle world excitedly.

Hermione and Ron awkwardly stood there and looked at each other before slipping away from the adults to look to Harry.  They were gone for a few minutes before a large familiar figure appeared in the crowd, Hagrid.  They quickly run up to Hagrid and noticed a smaller figure next to him, which was Harry.

"HARRY!" Hermione yelled and actually hugged him before realizing what she did, she quickly let go and punched him in the arm.

"That's for not replying to me!"

"Sorry! It's Not Like I Could Help It.  The Weasley's Kinda Saved Me." Harry explained everything that Ron didn't already explain in a previous letter to her.

"How are you not in more trouble Weasley.  I'm positive my mother or father would have killed me."

"I'll say it's luck!  Now come on I think the other's are in the bookshop waiting," Ron quickly walked off with the two following after.