Year 7 - Ministry Fail for Nothing

As August continues on they finally found themselves busier. Kreacher became a whole new house-elf around them, by being helpful now. He was cooking, cleaning, and even keeping clean himself. Harry and Ron are busy watching and listening to the news and stalking some ministry workers to make sure their plan would work. When they weren't doing anything important Ron wrote to his family, while Harry (once Hermione also told and gave him his own journal) wrote Ginny often. Hermione on the other hand wrote to her friends and Draco as much as they could, but she had to make sure to stay on topics that were broad and not anything specific, which was becoming more difficult every time. She was also making the polyjuice potion for their 'breaking into the Ministry' plan. She was a bit upset that Kreacher became a helpful house-elf because she no longer had any reason to go out and maybe see her friends.

"Look at this!" Harry shouted shocked from the kitchen as he threw the new newspaper he got that day onto the table. Ron who was busy stuffing his face with potatoes Kreacher made looked up and some food fell from his mouth.

"What?!" 

Kreacher frowned at Ron's mess and cleaned it up.

"Snape is confirmed to be the new headmaster at Hogwarts. He also hired two death eaters into the defense against the dark arts position and muggle studies!"

"Well I guess it won't be defense anymore...just the dark arts," Ron joked as Hermione picked up the paper to read the article herself.

"Hmmm...here I thought McGonagall would have been the one to be Headmistress. Guess I was too hopeful there. Harry are you sure Amycus and Alecto Carrow are death eaters?" Hermione questioned.

"Yes...I've seen them a few times in my visions..."

Hermione sat the paper down again, "You're still letting him in. Well, tell us then what was the last vision you had about?"

"He asked some family about someone named Gregorovitch. The woman didn't know...so he killed her and the children..."

Ron, who was eating the chicken on his plate, paled and sat it back on his plate. 

"No pity please guys. Anyway Hermione how's the potion going? How much longer?" Harry asked changing the subject.

"I finished it two days ago."

"Good... tomorrow we'll do it."

"Seriously...we're doing it tomorrow," Ron said shocked.

"We need to do it at some point. We have the plan ready to go. We shouldn't just put it off forever. We just have to get into her office."

"You're not wrong...fine then tomorrow," Hermione nodded. 

"Tomorrow..." Ron mumbled picking up his food again.

The next morning the three got up early and found the hiding spots where they needed to be to get the three workers they needed. It was twenty minutes of waiting before they finally stunned and dragged the last one into the hiding spot and got their hairs and clothes. The three changed into the robes and Hermione got out the potion handing out each vial.

"We have an hour each. Move quickly and try to interact with as few people as possible. So Harry who am I turning into?" Hermione asked.

"Mafalda Hopkirk...she's an assistant. Everyone stuns her so you won't likely be talked to much. Ron, you are being Cattermole all I know he has a low spot at the ministry. I'm going to be Runcorn...he's high up and feared by most luckily."

"Good...thank you. Now drop the hairs in and let's go!" Hermione said pushing the hair into her vial and quickly drinking it with the other two following behind.