Year 6 - Slughorn's Party

"So Hermione who are you taking to Slughorn's party? It is tonight," Daphne asked.

"Oh, I know exactly who. I'll get to him later. Anyway, why has Blaze been super absent recently? Even when we do see him he looks like something is going to come through the door and eat him?" Hermione questioned her.

"Honestly no idea. I asked Theo and Draco about it, but they too have no idea. Wait you aren't going to ask Blaze are you?"

"Oh God no. I was just curious."

"Anyway from what I heard Slughorn got permission to use the seventh floor for this party because he said that his classroom while good for the dining part isn't the best for social gatherings. Apparently, Slughorn had convinced Dumbledore to let him use the seventh floor after he promised to give Dumbledore a grande gift. And you know how "grande" Slughorn's gifts are it's likely alcohol or something like that. I feel like Slughorn is losing it a bit, why would you, after eating, climb hundreds of stairs just to dance and have a social gathering. Seems pretty stupid to me."

"Daphne...how on earth do you find out all this information?"

"I listen."

"Of course."

"Anyway, Hermione speaking of the seventh floor, I kinda miss our adventures and classes we use to do there. I mean when it was just the Slytherin those very few days we got to learn stuff we would have never learned ever at this school. It was fun."

"Well with everything going on this year I doubt we can even think about opening that backup. I don't plan to either you know how much time it took just to plan."

"We help you obviously we remember. But if it's just a small group, not the WHOLE SCHOOL this time," Daphne said.

"Hmm...I'll think about it." 

The common room doors opened, Theo and Draco walked in and sat down.

"Malfoy just the person I was looking for come with me," Hermoine said pulling him up again and pulling him back out of the common room and to an empty classroom. 

"Draco you need to take a break."

"What?! I can't!" 

"You can and you will for the rest of the week you will be taking a break starting today."

"But...but..."

"I know you signed up to stay at Hogwarts for the Holidays. I know you will be working non stop on it during then. You look worst for wear so from now till the start of Christmas break, no more."

"Granger..."

"By the way, you're coming with me to Slughorn's party tonight. No getting out of it. Besides I was reading the list of people going and it will be a great time to question Blaze on what has been going on."

"Okay."

"Okay."

The two were silent and for once it was an awkward silence. 

"Well, I'll see you when you pick me up for the party," Hermione said quickly getting up and rushing out the door.

Hermione got back to the common room where Daphne happily smiled, "finally your back. Come on let's go to our dorm. We need to transfigure new dresses for us."

"Oh...great..." Hermione said not looking forward to the hours Daphne was planning to make sure the dresses were perfect.

-A few hours later-

"You always clean up nicely dear," Theo smiled down at his date.

Daphne smirked back at him, "I know. I always do. Anyway, wait to you see Hermione sees almost as gorgeous as me."