Year 6 - Once Again the Hospital Wing

Ron laid on one of the hospital wing beds completely unaware of the awkward tension in the air. It seemed everyone was out of sorts now as morning came all too quickly. The sunshine hitting the glass windows of the Hospital Wing making it too bright for such silence.

Hermione and Harry stood together arms crossed looking at the unconscious boy. Hermione still clutching the two vails of her potion in her hand, one empty and the other full. Slughorn stood at the end of his bed holding the bottle of poison to his chest still in shock. Snape unbothered waited for Dumbledore to speak as Dumbledore seemed to be the only completely normal one in the group.

"Can you two explain what happened again?" Dumbledore spoke softly just to get the story completely and stored away to send to the ministry. 

"Well, it was Ron's birthday...he ate some chocolates that were meant for me...but was mistaken for his...it was filled with a love potion..."

Dumbledore nodded encouragingly for Harry to continue, "So I thought it would be good for me to get Ron down to Slughorn for a cure."

"And how did Ms. Granger get involved with this if it was that simple?" Snape questioned glaring at Harry.

Harry glanced at Dumbledore, "Well...er...he wasn't too happy about me today? yesterday? For reasons...I knew he wouldn't let me in if it was me...so I kinda had to get Hermione..."

Harry sighed, "we got into his office...Slughorn got the cure for the love potion it was good and everything then we were getting drinks after...Ron drank it before anyone else and he just collapsed." Harry glanced at the bottle in Slughorn's arms.

Snape marched over grabbed the bottle from the unresponsive man opened it and smelled it, "Hmm...this potion should have killed him quicker than what a bezoar could have intercepted it."

That's when Slughorn seemed to wake up some, "that would be Ms. Granger's doing...she's been creating a potion that was just to counterattack love potions...instead she was able to make one that could counteract against almost all potions quickly. A bezoar base and liquid form...it's quite brilliant and just pure luck she finished it...I was going to run tests on it before sending it to you, headmaster, to send it to the ministry..." 

"You mean Ms. Granger gave Mr. Weasley an unregistered and an untested potion?" Dumbledore questioned.

"Yes...it's a good thing too...otherwise Mr. Weasley here would be dead!" Slughorn said.

"Professor Slughorn do you have any idea where you got this poison?" Dumbledore questioned.

"You see Headmaster...I don't...in fact, it was supposed to be a gift..."

"To who?"

"You, Headmaster."

The group shocked looked at Dumbledore expecting him to reply. Instead, Romilda Vane came running in crying the doors slamming the wall before closing again behind her.

Everyone watched as she ran up to Ron crying. "Is he going to be okay? I swear I didn't know this would happen...no one was supposed to get hurt...it wasn't even supposed to be him...I'm so sorry...!!!!" She was wailing aloud. 

Hermione couldn't help but question how on Earth everyone was already hearing about this already. Everyone shuffled away a bit from the crying girl and watched.

Soon the door opened again and Lavender came in. Her eyes were filled with worry as she saw Ron on the bed. She looked up and saw Romilda crying over him in shame of what she thought was her doing. Her eyes narrowed in anger and marched over to the girl.

"I'm so sorry for this Professors but..." Lavender pulled her fist back and pushed Romilda straight in the face.

Romilda in pain and shock fell back into the floor covering her cheek with her hand. Everyone else in the room also shocked couldn't form any sentences.