Year 7 - Room of Requirement

They entered the Room of Requirement and raised their wands.

"Any idea where to start, Potter?" Blaze questioned.

"It should be at or near a cabinet."

"The one Draco was working on?" Hermione questioned.

"How do you know about that?"

Hermione smiled innocently, "err...just guessing!"

Harry rolled his eyes, "sure...and yes."

Hermione nodded, "then down this way and somewhere in this area." Hermione leads them to where the cabinet is, but it wasn't in the cabinet. 

"Maybe the room moved it?" Ron said.

"Likely, just take a section and start looking, " Hermione said and they all did. Everyone was climbing, digging, and or throwing objects looking around for the diadem.  Everyone throwing out questions about what they should be seeing a lot of times.  They were so concentrated that they didn't notice someone speaking. 

"What are we looking for again?"

Hermione annoyed spoke without turning, "how many times do I have to tell you! It's a silver diadem or a tiara if you will. Should have blue stones on it and some sort of Ravenclaw symbol on it, too."

"Do you mean something like this?" the voice said and the whole group went back over and looked at it. There it was the diadem beautifully shining in the light and the person holding it smiled.

"DRACO!" Hermione surprised yelled.

"OH MY GOD MALFOY FOUND IT!" Ron said shocked.

"Well, I was the one who moved it the first time when I had to fix the cabinet. Here Potter seems important."

"First you help us at your manor...now this!" Harry said taking the diadem from him.

"Well, I figured I want to be on the winning side and the side where I was less likely to die."

Hermione, Blaze, Theo, and Daphne smiled. Draco walked up to them. "Sorry, I'm late."

"We thought you were dead," Daphne said.

Draco smiled sadly, "So did I."

"Mate...it's good to see you..." Theo said and Blaze smiled at him. 

Draco turned towards Hermione sadly, "Hermione..."

"Please...not now..." Hermione said and she hugged him and he hugged her back tightly knowing what it meant to them.

"WELL WELL WELL!" a new voice rang out.

"LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE!" another voice said.

The large group turned to the new voices and saw Crabbe and Goyle walking to them wands pointed.

"We only heard rumors that Malfoy is a traitor...didn't think it was true," Crabbe said as the group raised their wands at them.

"You two are outnumbered!" Blaze said.

"Not the way I look at it! You see you 'light' people are too good to use the spells that would stop us!"

"Who says we won't use them...I have before!" Hermione said.

"You know I wonder what reward I would get for bringing down the Harry Potter and taking down a traitor, too!" Crabbe said.

"Pretty sure the Dark Lord wants Potter for himself...so that won't last well for you..." Theo remarked.

"I could care less about what the Dark Lord wants! What I want right now is you, people, dead! Avada Kedavra!" Crabbe said and the group dove away from the curse and started running through the piles away from the two.