Year 5 - Hogwarts High Inquisitor and the Start of Decrees

"You've been unusually quiet the last two days," Theo pointed out to everyone sitting down for lunch. "Even in class you haven't raised you're hand once!"

"Now that you mentioned it...is everything all right Granger? It's not like you to be so...quiet," Draco asked across from her.

Hermione stuffed her hand father under the table away from their prying eyes. In all honesty, she was more focused on Umbridge and what to do about what she did. Her hand while no longer bleeding after a day was still red and inflamed. It burned continuously making it uncomfortable to move.

"I'm fine."

Her short reply made their eyebrows raise, knowing that she, in fact, was not fine.

Daphne noticed that she tried to keep her hand under the table and hidden the entire time. Daphne quickly grabbed her hand and pulled it back up looking to it.

Hermione hissed in pain as she gasped, "This is...this is..."

"IT'S NOTHING! ALRIGHT!" Hermione tried to hide her hand again, but it was too late as the others got up and looked at it.

"What the hell did that woman make you do?" Blaze questioned shocked.

"Blood quill...read about it afterward...it wouldn't stop bleeding almost an entire day afterward...now it just burns." Hermione knew it was a losing battle with them.

"THAT'S ILLEGAL!" Draco shouted and finally, Hermione was able to hide her hand again from them.

She was about to talk when loud clanks from outside of the Great Hall door was heard. Everyone there turned to look at the doors and the small Slytherin group got up and walked out. They saw Mr. Filtch up on a large latter, hanging something up with writing on it. As soon Filtch finished a loud voice spoke throughout Hogwarts that they knew to be Umbridge's voice. 

"The Ministry has declared Dolores Umbridge, Hogwarts High Inquisitor. High Inquisitor will be able to go to every class and judging if that class has proper teaching methods that ministry deems professional..."

Umbridge started talking more, but the group stopped listening. "This is bad," Theo whispered.

"At this rate, we won't be able to lean anything here," Daphne was concerned grabbed Theo's hand and squeezed it. 

"Prepare for the storm ahead..." Hermione said and the group turned to go to their classes. Classes that day was normal, but the next day as they entered in Transfiguration, with McGonagall they noticed another person that was not normally in the room, dressed in all pink. 

McGonagall was not happy as she started class going over, turning rats into needles and back again. The class was pretty nice except when Umbridge started walking around with her little notebook checking things. 

"Hem. Hem." Umbridge tried to get McGonagall's attention, who just ignored her and continued to help one of the Gryffindor students who didn't get what she was doing wrong in her spellwork. Hermione scowled at Umbridge continuing to pester McGonagall.

Finally, after five minutes of annoyance, McGonagall turned around and looked at the woman. "Yes... Dolores?" 

"Why are you going over how to use that spell when you already taught the class about it, why did you have them practice it...is it for a purpose the ministry doesn't know about?"

"What on earth are you going on about Dolores. A teachers job is to teach the students to their best abilities to understand magic...it's one thing to know how to use magic, it's another to use it. It is vital for them to learn to use it for exams and future use, maybe for careers." McGonagall almost berated Umbridge, but the disgusting pink woman just smiled.

"Well this is a class that has to be covered, but the ministry has decided that the curriculum of Hogwarts needs to be changed. The reason why I'm here today Umbridge is to give you and your students the new materials for the class." Umbridge walked up to McGonagall and waved her wand making the books the students bought come up to her and stack onto McGonagall's desk.

Everyone was now zoned in at the two teachers. Umbridge then waved her wand again and new books floated to them and landed on everyone's desk. The students opened it up and started looking through it. Umbridge smirked and handed McGonagall the new curriculum she has to follow. McGonagall was red in the face and angry.

"THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! THERE'S NOTHING IN HERE ABOUT USING MAGIC!" Harry shouted pointing at the smirking woman. 

"For speaking out of turn, Mr. Potter, detention in my office after your classes. The ministry has the right to fix the current curriculum. We found there are many flaws in the current one and we fixed them. When you get back to your dorms your new books should be there and you're old books have been returned to proper class teacher for sorting. Good day students!" Umbridge smiled and left.  

McGonagall already really angry turned to the class, "I'm dismissing class early today, go!"

The students filed out and instead of everyone going to the next class, everyone went to their proper common rooms. 

"This..this is...getting ridiculous. We won't be able to use magic at all anymore!" Daphne shouted and sat down clutching her head in her hands as Theo sat next to her rubbing her back in comfort.

"I don't know how we can fix this...she's going too far," Blaze almost whispered looking out of the common room window to the Great lake. 

"We just have to wait and figure something out soon before it's too late," Draco said and Hermione didn't move she sat down on one of the chairs lost in thought.

"Even if you could write to your parents, I doubt the ministry will move on their actions. I'm positive they are going to stand their ground against the feeling of mere students. There's nothing we can do, but wait for now..." Hermione said and the common room became unnaturally quiet. 

"How are we going to pass our OWLS. Even the NEWT students and younger students won't be able to pass their test because of this," Daphane was worried.

Hermione looked up, "If I come up with a plan, I'll tell you...but for now I have nothing..."

"Great...a mad woman is taking over Hogwarts and Dumbledore, no matter how much he bugs me sometimes, can't do anything about it. This school year is already going to shit and it's only the fourth day back!" Blaze shouted and the common room again feels in silence trying to find a solution to the biggest problem here...a way to do magic now that it has been restricted. 

'I will find a way,' Hemion thought and looked down at the floor trying to find anything...