Year 1 - Saving Potter

The escape was easy as she started walking up the stairs.  The only question in her mind was where Potter would be at this time.  It's not like she paid much attention to Weasley or Potter.

"Where would Potter go without Weasley?" Hermione whispered to herself and the only thing that came across her mind was the bathroom.  The boy's restroom from the Great Hall was two floors up.  So with that thought, she quietly took off down the hall to the boy's restrooms.

Hermione was getting closer to the bathroom when she heard loud thuds coming closer to her.  Hermoine paled and she almost turned around when Harry came around the corner.

"POTTER!" She whispered and grabbed his arm trying to pull him back.

"What are you doing? What's going on?" He questioned her as he was startled by her grabbing him.

"There's a troll lose and I don't think it's in the dungeon," Hermione told him and Harry also paled lightly and they both started walking away quickly.  Unfortunately for them, the halls meet, and around the corner stepped out a large being, the troll. 

Both of them froze and looked up at the large creature.

"Oh, God!" Hermione yelled eyes widening in disbelief. The troll noticed them and slowly raised his club above his head and brought it down towards them.

Thinking fast Hermoine pushed Harry to the side as she barely dodged the club as it smashed to the ground.   "Why did I have a Gryffindor moment!" Hermione yelled in anger at herself.  Soon the troll lifted its club again this time smashing it to the wall making large and small chunks hit them as they dodged.  Hermoine got a cut on her cheek while Harry didn't get hurt but fell on the ground from dodging a large piece that would have crushed him.  

The troll focused on Hermione and walked slowly to her.  Harry thinking fast picked up small chunks of the wall and threw them at the troll's head.  It hit and the troll turned back to Harry.  Harry wasn't thinking and was trapped in the corner of the hall.  

His eyes widened as he prepared to be crushed by the club that was swinging towards him.  Harry closed his eyes tightly.  Hermione now pulled out her wand and ran towards the troll gathering the fallen wall on the ground with her magic and pulling everything and making it fly into the troll. 

The troll grew angry and bent down and grabbed Hermione by the arm holding her in the air. The good thing...the troll was stupid because every time it swung at Hermione with the club, the troll raised her up barely missing her.

"Oi! Potter! DO SOMETHING!" She screamed out.

"LIKE WHAT!" Harry panicked looking around.

"ANYTHING!" Hermione shouted as the club barely missed her again.

Harry pulled out his wand but didn't know what to do as he pointed at the large angry creature.

"POTTER!  IDIOT! CHARMS CLASS! REMEMBER! NOW WOULD BE GOOD!"

Harry realized what she meant and made small quick wand movements, "WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!"  The club flew away from the hands of the troll and floated above his small head.  It stayed there for a few seconds before falling hard against the troll's head.  The troll dropped Hermoine to the ground and toppled over unconscious. 

Hermione who fell onto the ground on her back slowly sat up.

The Gryffindor and Slytherin were breathing heavily in shock.  Hermione sitting on the ground while Harry stood wide-eyed."  They looked at each other shocked at what happened.  

The halls were now filling with sounds of footsteps coming near them.  The teachers appeared around the corner and all their eyes were on the troll and the two students who were still in shock.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!" McGonagall yelled at the two as the other teachers watched.  The two didn't say anything, but McGonagall started getting onto Hermoine.

"Professor!  She did nothing wrong!  She saved me!" Harry stood up for her.  Hermione's head snapped up to look at him.

"What?" McGonagall questioned him.

"I wasn't at the feast yet.  I needed to use the bathroom so whenever everyone else heard about the troll I didn't.  If she didn't come to get me I would have been likely dead..."

"Well, then twenty points to Slytherin for helping a student and defeating a troll.  Not many first-years can say the same...maybe by sheer dumb luck, this was possible.  Ms. Granger Mr. Potter please go to Madam Pomfrey at once and the head of your house will come by to get you later."

The two nodded, Hermione stood up and walked with Harry to the infirmary.  The walk was mostly silent until Harry broke the silence.

"Hey, thanks..."  Hermoine looked at him questionably. "You know for saving me."

"I could say the same Potter," Hermione said.

"You know from all the Slytherins, you're not too bad Granger," Harry smiled.

"Same to you Potter, but you're still an idiot." They grinned at each other, "did we just have a friendly moment.  A Gryffindor and Slytherin.  Oh, Weasley and the others in my house won't be pleased.  But hey I'll keep this a secret if you do." She grinned at him.

They both smirked at each other and walked the rest of the way to the infirmary knowing that an unlikely friendship had just bloomed.