Year 7 - Lupin

Kreature did not come back as fast as Harry had hoped. Hermione couldn't help but be annoyed by Harry's want for Mundungus to be found right at that second. She had to remind him that he fled during the chase to the Weasley's and hasn't been seen by the Order in a long time and it would likely take a while to find him, even with the help of elf magic. 

Harry had even taken up a new hobby of looking out the windows to watch the death eaters outside guarding the house. Not that they were able to see it or enter it at all. Hermione knew they were stupid, but she hoped they weren't that stupid. Didn't the death eaters know you can just apparate into the house than on the outside of it. 

Overall to the three in the house it was growing increasingly boring. Hermione didn't even enjoy the house library at the moment either. Instead was filling her time with music on an old piano that was in the living space. Ron much to both Harry's and Hermione's shock started reading more. He said while opening another book, "I have to do something around here."

And it seemed to be another boring day when they heard a loud pop from the doorway and Dumbledore's vision came up again yelling. The three ran down the stairs wands ready to attack and instead in the hallway stood Remus Lupin. Harry asked him the security questions and soon the four found themselves sitting down back in the living area.

At first, it was greetings and small talk before the four grew silent. Tension grew in the room when Lupin appeared lost on what to say. So Ron growing worried broke the silence, "Is everyone okay...what's going on Lupin?"

"Sorry, it must have been a shock for you three...for me to just show up here."

"You think?" Harry mumbled.

"I heard from Sirius you three might be here. He felt it on the wards. He isn't going to come by if you're worried about that. He said to give you three spaces and not to bother you. He thinks you're on a special mission."

The three didn't respond instead kept their mouth shut and Hermione questioned again, "is everyone all right Remus?"

"They...they are okay...everyone's alive if that's what you're asking. And I also wondered if you three knew?"

"Knew what?" Hermione questioned while Lupin sighed at their confused response and pulled out a couple of newspapers. The three quickly grabbed them and started reading them. 

"THEY CAN'T DO THAT!" Ron yelled shocked. 

"I'm afraid that they are doing it. Anyone muggle-born is being prosecuted. Some are being sent to Azkaban, some are sent to the muggle world, most are just disappearing now. They are starting up this new organization...it doesn't have any real loyalty, just whoever pays the highest. They are calling them snatchers."

"This is completely messed up..." Harry mumbled reading more about what the Ministry was doing.

"It is..." Lupin saddened looking down toward the ground.

"MY LORD LOOK AT THIS!" Ron shouted and pushed the paper he was reading onto a table near they were sitting. There were three pictures glaring at them, faces of themselves. 

"I thought for sure Harry would have been Undesirable Number One...congrats Granger you beat him," Ron attempted to joke.

"Well, at least that makes sense now..." Harry mumbled under his breath and they shot him a look asking 'what did you say?'

"I mean it makes sense...everyone knows Hermione's the smartest and we've only been alive this long because of her. To them, she really is more dangerous than me, just based on facts. I'm wanted more for...well to be killed by their supreme leader."